Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
I never said Mayo was better, I just said he made less glaring errors. I think Harding was better than Mayo but still awful. Lynch is a far better player than both of them even if he is playing out of position. do you not agree?

I would rather have Lynch at lb than Mayo... but then I would rather have a sack of potatoes at lb then Mayo... not too sure whether Lynch is a better lb than Harding... Lynch has made silly mistakes at lb too (Cov away last season, for example)... I wonder how Lynch would be at cb?.... I hear that is his best position...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
Well, I think you'll find many fans will not turn up, and it will cost us more financially, if the board don't show some ambition to succeed in L1.... remember, most on here are true fans, the average punter will turn their back on a mid-table L1 team (or one relagated to L2, for that matter)...

I sincerely hope the board realise this... their lack of investment in the team last season suggests they don't... and that cost them a self-confessed £ million...

I dont disagree with you but anysort of outlay last season was too much of a gamble as we were already fairly f***ed by christmas and we couldn't justify spending 300-400k on player that may not have saved us.

I think we will do fairly well this year I also think we will make an investment in a striker!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
I would rather have Lynch at lb than Mayo... but then I would rather have a sack of potatoes at lb then Mayo... not too sure whether Lynch is a better lb than Harding... Lynch has made silly mistakes at lb too (Cov away last season, for example)... I wonder how Lynch would be at cb?.... I hear that is his best position...

He has made nowhere near the errors Harding made in his first half season and at a level higher. If you had the choice of starting Lynch or Harding next year who would you pick?

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kaney said:
good take him, we're better without that in league one, he's got no strength and will be clattered.

L1 defenders wouldn't even be able to keep up with him, let alone clatter him...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BHA Jordan said:
But how can they invest major money into the team when major investment is already made into keeping the club afloat?

If they didn't do it that way, there would be no club to buy players for

Who said they needed to invest major money?... why do people always assume that we either invest next-to-nil, or multi-millions?... there is a middle ground you know... no investment equals worse team equals less bums on seats equals less money equals... you get the idea?...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BHA Jordan said:
Most likely to be himself or his agent

And who agreed to that clause?... we'll get there in the end!!... :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
I dont disagree with you but anysort of outlay last season was too much of a gamble as we were already fairly f***ed by christmas and we couldn't justify spending 300-400k on player that may not have saved us.

I think we will do fairly well this year I also think we will make an investment in a striker!

We were doing OK mid-season and I think the investment would have been justified... just my opinion...

I will be more than happy to eat humble pie if we sign the striker we so obviously need... based on our previous track record in signing such a player, I'm afraid I am far less optimistic than you...

It has definitely got to the stage that I will believe it when I see it, and not when DK / MM make some vague pronouncement in the press that they are going to step up their search for a striker... how long have they been saying that? a year?...

Depressing... :down:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
He has made nowhere near the errors Harding made in his first half season and at a level higher. If you had the choice of starting Lynch or Harding next year who would you pick?

Harding... Lynch at cb...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
They will if he tries to beat the same player four times as he has a tendency to.

Actually, I do agree he tends to try and take the ball too far... oh well, looks like we'll lose another talented player, and not reinvest in the team... not a cause for celebration in my eyes... :down:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Well us clearly but id rather have had him on a relegation clause than not at all.

1. Not sure wheteher clause exists!...
2. If it does, then who says this clause was the deal breaker?...

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
B.W. said:
And who agreed to that clause?... we'll get there in the end!!... :)
A lot of players have set clauses, and a relegation release cause is very very common

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
Fair enough. Allthough we also play with wingers and our new 18 year old LB looks alot better than Harding was and makes nowhere near as many basic errors.

I beg to differ. Lynch is a better defender, but as a left-back overall, Harding is streets ahead. That said, I can see Lynch becoming a top-class centre back.

I'd be happy with 100k for Carole.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Seb....good player, but we need the dosh £200k+ would be very nice. Remember, Seb is a lightweight, and although very skilful I think McGhee's decision to play him rather than a tough-tackling ball-winner in midfield probably cost us dear.
Lynch....better than Harding at LB, IMHO, and a great potential prospect at Centre Back. We'll probably have to sell him before too long, but to my mind he's our best youth team product ever.
Kerry....a curate's egg. Could do well in L1 in midfield, but a liability at LB. Young Cobb could make a breakthrough at LB this season.
Who else can we discuss in this thread?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Carole would be a big loss. People seem to forget how electric he was in the first half of the season.

Also: http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70153&highlight=Leeds+AND+interested

:drink: :(

I dont forget at all SB, he was a fantastic fantastic player at the start of the season and had this news come in January I would have been devastated but due to our relegation and how he became fairly poor in the second half of the season id be happy with 200k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here