Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... and do the board not think selling our best players will have a negative impact on attendances?... we got relegated last season because of their lack of commitment to getting the right players in, and that will cost us dearly... when are they going to learn that they can't keep taking the fans for granted?... :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
robbied69 said:
I personally like Harding. Admittedly he was poor that day against you. Apart from that he has been solid. He hasn't had much support because we don't play with wingers so he (and Crainey) are continually left exposed.

Fair enough. Allthough we also play with wingers and our new 18 year old LB looks alot better than Harding was and makes nowhere near as many basic errors.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
when are they going to learn that they can't keep taking the fans for granted?... :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

When we have a ground and are getting enough money not to have to sell to stay afloat?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Harding was / is a good player... shame most on here fail to realise that... I suppose Mayo is so much better?... agree that Lynch is promising at lb, although I also hear he is a better cb...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
When we have a ground and are getting enough money not to have to sell to stay afloat?

Catch-22 then, isn't it?... there has to be limited investment in the squad, or we will surely suffer a downward spiral of falling attendances as the team fails on the pitch...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
Harding was / is a good player... shame most on here fail to realise that... I suppose Mayo is so much better?... agree that Lynch is promising at lb, although I also hear he is a better cb...

Harding cost a serious number of points with basic defensive errors and almost cost us a place in the championship (remember Swindons second goal?) Im not saying Mayo is better but he didn't make so many ridiculous mistakes.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
Catch-22 then, isn't it?... there has to be limited investment in the squad, or we will surely suffer a downward spiral of falling attendances as the team fails on the pitch...

I think our youth team is the investment, without players like Lynch,Robinson,El-Abd, Hinsh, Hammond and Gatting, And wothout selling Virgo and Harding we could well have struggled. Its a catch 22 as you say but id rather have a club and watch us in league 2 than be in the championship and go under.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Harding cost a serious number of points with basic defensive errors and almost cost us a place in the championship (remember Swindons second goal?) Im not saying Mayo is better but he didn't make so many ridiculous mistakes.

Mayo was consistently skinned by CCC wingers and cost us many more points than Harding... Kerry's lack of pace was an embarrassment in the CCC... yes, Harding made mistakes, but less than the Ginger Prince... he is a considerably better player than Mayo, and several FL managers seem to agree with this POV...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
B.W. said:
... and do the board not think selling our best players will have a negative impact on attendances?... we got relegated last season because of their lack of commitment to getting the right players in, and that will cost us dearly... when are they going to learn that they can't keep taking the fans for granted?... :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

:thud:

He has a relegation release clause in his contract. We can't stop him going, if he wants to leave then he'll leave. The board don't have a say in it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
Mayo was consistently skinned by CCC wingers and cost us many more points than Harding... Kerry's lack of pace was an embarrassment in the CCC... yes, Harding made mistakes, but less than the Ginger Prince... he is a considerably better player than Mayo, and several FL managers seem to agree with this POV...

I never said Mayo was better, I just said he made less glaring errors. I think Harding was better than Mayo but still awful. Lynch is a far better player than both of them even if he is playing out of position. do you not agree?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
I think our youth team is the investment, without players like Lynch,Robinson,El-Abd, Hinsh, Hammond and Gatting, And wothout selling Virgo and Harding we could well have struggled. Its a catch 22 as you say but id rather have a club and watch us in league 2 than be in the championship and go under.

Well, I think you'll find many fans will not turn up, and it will cost us more financially, if the board don't show some ambition to succeed in L1.... remember, most on here are true fans, the average punter will turn their back on a mid-table L1 team (or one relagated to L2, for that matter)...

I sincerely hope the board realise this... their lack of investment in the team last season suggests they don't... and that cost them a self-confessed £ million...

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
good take him, we're better without that in league one, he's got no strength and will be clattered.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Deportivo Seagull said:
:thud:

He has a relegation release clause in his contract. We can't stop him going, if he wants to leave then he'll leave. The board don't have a say in it.

And who put that clause in his contract?... :jester:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
B.W. said:
Well, I think you'll find many fans will not turn up, and it will cost us more financially, if the board don't show some ambition to succeed in L1.... remember, most on here are true fans, the average punter will turn their back on a mid-table L1 team (or one relagated to L2, for that matter)...

I sincerely hope the board realise this... their lack of investment in the team last season suggests they don't... and that cost them a self-confessed £ million...
But how can they invest major money into the team when major investment is already made into keeping the club afloat?

If they didn't do it that way, there would be no club to buy players for

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
blockhseagull said:
If we got a reasonable fee i wouldn't be that bothered, especially if we actually get some of the fee to spend on our 'striker'

Agreed. Flattered to deceive last season. If we get some money then let him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here