Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Jim in the West said:
[B
Lynch....better than Harding at LB, IMHO, and a great potential prospect at Centre Back. We'll probably have to sell him before too long, but to my mind he's our best youth team product ever.
B]

We will get at least 1 Million for Lynch I would hope, Im not sure hes the best I think Virgo was better but im slightly biased.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Jim in the West said:
Seb....good player, but we need the dosh £200k+ would be very nice. Remember, Seb is a lightweight, and although very skilful I think McGhee's decision to play him rather than a tough-tackling ball-winner in midfield probably cost us dear.
Lynch....better than Harding at LB, IMHO, and a great potential prospect at Centre Back. We'll probably have to sell him before too long, but to my mind he's our best youth team product ever.
Kerry....a curate's egg. Could do well in L1 in midfield, but a liability at LB. Young Cobb could make a breakthrough at LB this season.
Who else can we discuss in this thread?

Sam Rents... isn't he a lb on the verge of the 1st team?... :)

I note in the latest waffle re the Carole deal in a Leeds paper that LUFC have rejected Norwich's bid for Rob Hulse, which may not help us in our battle to sign Peter Thorne (assuming we really are interested in signing him)...

There you are - a few more players mentioned... :)

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not a big loss really - Fruity is the better player
I do prefer Fruity myself too, and as we will get more than we paid for him then it's a good bit of business

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not a big loss really - Fruity is the better player

Not so sure that is true... why do you think that?... I would say Frutos has less skill on the ball, maybe better end product... neither can defend, but then that is not their primary purpose...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
B.W. said:
Not so sure that is true... why do you think that?... I would say Frutos has less skill on the ball, maybe better end product... neither can defend, but then that is not their primary purpose...

No but end product is.

Also it may add more balance to the midfield if there is only one to be played.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
B.W. said:
You have just proved why he is a better player, as skill is all well and good but it's the end product that counts, and you agree that Fruity has a better end product, therefore making him the better player

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:

I think you answered your own question. What is the point of skill if no end product? If we had a decent striker then Frutos would have had a lof of assists.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
B.W. said:
And who put that clause in his contract?... :jester:

His bloody agent if he has any business sense, why the :jester: it's not as if we have much bargaining power is it.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
B.W. said:
... and do the board not think selling our best players will have a negative impact on attendances?... we got relegated last season because of their lack of commitment to getting the right players in, and that will cost us dearly... when are they going to learn that they can't keep taking the fans for granted?... :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:
It sounds to me that you take the existance of this club for granted....Do you have any idea how close to going out of business we have been/are?:nono:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BHA Jordan said:
You have just proved why he is a better player, as skill is all well and good but it's the end product that counts, and you agree that Fruity has a better end product, therefore making him the better player

I said maybe...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Deportivo Seagull said:
His bloody agent if he has any business sense, why the :jester: it's not as if we have much bargaining power is it.

Or much sense if we signed-up to a contract that is going to cost us money... sorry about the :jester: ... just p1ssed-off that we are going to lose another good player...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
I said maybe...

It isn't maybe though, Frutos has clearly put a lot of decent balls in the area and Carole has hit about 4 all season. Look at some of Carole's corners last year, very very poor some of them.

Last edited:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
B.W. said:
I said maybe...
You know as well as I do really that Fruity is the better player, and you only said maybe to cover yourself as you don't want to admit that he has the better end product which is more important

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
Or much sense if we signed-up to a contract that is going to cost us money... sorry about the :jester: ... just p1ssed-off that we are going to lose another good player...

I doubt he would have come here without, Every player has a relegation wage drop clause in their contracts so why should he not negotiate a release clause?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
bakesy said:
It sounds to me that you take the existance of this club for granted....Do you have any idea how close to going out of business we have been/are?:nono:

I'm pretty certain. like most clubs, we live on the edge financially... I just think we fail to make the investments we need to make (not huge irresponsible ones) in our squad (unlike other clubs)...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
It isn't maybe though, Frutos has clearly put a lot of decent balls in the area and Carole has hit about 4 all season. Look at some of Carole's corners last year, very very poor some of them.

maybe!... :)

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
But then again, maybe after all this talk the northern rag has it wrong and seb wont go anywhere

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BHA Jordan said:
You know as well as I do really that Fruity is the better player, and you only said maybe to cover yourself as you don't want to admit that he has the better end product which is more important

Wow!... get out of head, will ya!... :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here