Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carole.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
why are we expecting a fee?

We got him for nowt and I recon we will get nowt for him.

If we are looking to bounce straight back i would hazzard a guess that most people would see this as a negative step and would send out the wrong message

We would not give him away for nowt, unless we have been stupid enough to allow a release clause in his contract with a figure of nowt!... I think you are underestimating his worth, to be honest...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
We would not give him away for nowt, unless we have been stupid enough to allow a release clause in his contract with a figure of nowt!... I think you are underestimating his worth, to be honest...

I agree, it is very very unlikely he will go for nothing. Just cos we got him for nothing dont mean we will sell him for it!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
ditchy said:
I dont think we were f***ed by xmas .. if we nicked afew points in the games wherew we should have we would have been safe

100% agree with that...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
I agree, it is very very unlikely he will go for nothing. Just cos we got him for nothing dont mean we will sell him for it!
We didn't get him for nothing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think maybe we are over-estimating his worth!

We do not know what his contract says with regards to a release clause and we can only speculate, but I would go back to our financial position and suggest that we could not be picky in our contract requirements for Carole and Frutos.

If we are also looking to releive the wage bill, and the fact that carole was out of favour with MM at the end of the season when we wanted our best players in the team, then perhaps offloading carole is part of MM's plans

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dies Irae said:
I think maybe we are over-estimating his worth!

We do not know what his contract says with regards to a release clause and we can only speculate, but I would go back to our financial position and suggest that we could not be picky in our contract requirements for Carole and Frutos.

If we are also looking to releive the wage bill, and the fact that carole was out of favour with MM at the end of the season when we wanted our best players in the team, then perhaps offloading carole is part of MM's plans

I would very much doubt we would offload him for nothing. Especially if Leeds were interested. And as someone said earlier we didn't get him for nothing (I had forgotten us paying the agent) it seems even less likely.

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
Does anyone seriously think Frutos will be with us next season?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
no

my sources said they would both be gone due to thier get out clause

looks like leeds are the first dip at that

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
B.W. said:
I'm pretty certain. like most clubs, we live on the edge financially... I just think we fail to make the investments we need to make (not huge irresponsible ones) in our squad (unlike other clubs)...

There is one very big difference between us and the rest of the clubs in the league ... we do not have any major assets in which to balance against the type of risk that you are proposing. In asset terms we are arguably the poorest team in the league ....

Personally I thought we needed a midfielder and striker to keep us up and that would have cost approx £6K a week not including transfer fee signing on fee etc.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Just because Frutos might have a release clause doesn't mean someone will think he is worth it

Leeds only want Carole because he had such a good game against them..... didn't do enough for me over the course of the season

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Deportivo Seagull said:
There is one very big difference between us and the rest of the clubs in the league ... we do not have any major assets in which to balance against the type of risk that you are proposing. In asset terms we are arguably the poorest team in the league ....

Personally I thought we needed a midfielder and striker to keep us up and that would have cost approx £6K a week not including transfer fee signing on fee etc.
Spot on, in fact in terms of any asset we are probably the poorest of the poor, or at least within the top 5 poorest clubs

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
B.W. said:
£250k mentioned in northern rag, and no mention of get-out clause...

Which paper? Because there is no mention of a fee in the YEP which, so far, is the only place carrying the story.

The full thing says "Albion will almost certainly hold out for a fee" and goes on to say about him being out of contract next summer etc.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here