Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon's Apology

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
So neither party has acted wrongfully.

The club were honest and said that the offer had been withdrawn after Calde verbally agreed to signing.

Calde said he had verbally agreed (as the offical line from the club said too) and the offer was withdrawn. No villians. just two parties leaving ways after time ran out. It could change, but why let this ruin our memories of him? I'd take him back for sure.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I don't think that Gus should have burned the bridges so soon.

I would still take Calde back - no question.

Come on Gus, offer him a bit more dollar and let's have the best pair of full-backs in this league.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't think that Gus should have burned the bridges so soon.

I would still take Calde back - no question.

Come on Gus, offer him a bit more dollar and let's have the best pair of full-backs in this league.

Exactly.

On the pitch we have improved beyond all measures and Gus should be congratulated for this.

But the way he has burned his bridges with the likes of Forster and now Calderon is a worry. We are not in a position to act like this and League One players are not in a financial position where they can afford to not listen to other options - particularly ones which are likely to pay far more.

I read The Argus story more as Poyet withdrawing the offer because he knew we could not compete with Southampton.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Wave a fat pay rise and a cotnract at a club who will be definitely challenging next season and see which of our current squad WOULDN'T at least listen to what they had to say.

what you really mean is that your boyfriend jimmy mac falls in that category too :bla:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Exactly.

On the pitch we have improved beyond all measures and Gus should be congratulated for this.

But the way he has burned his bridges with the likes of Forster and now Calderon is a worry. We are not in a position to act like this and League One players are not in a financial position where they can afford to not listen to other options - particularly ones which are likely to pay far more.

I read The Argus story more as Poyet withdrawing the offer because he knew we could not compete with Southampton.

one question for you and it is not complicated - who is the manager?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
what you really mean is that your boyfriend jimmy mac falls in that category too :bla:

No. I mean if you offered ANY of our team a 200 per cent pay rise elsewhere and a decent signing on fee for what is - whatever we may try and tell ourselves - a better club, most would at least talk to them.

To think otherwise is as naive as thinking we should be aiming for the title next season.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Exactly.

Ok you've made your patronising point enough times. Il trust poyets judgement over yours every day of the week. The guy is a success.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
No. I mean if you offered ANY of our team a 200 per cent pay rise elsewhere and a decent signing on fee for what is - whatever we may try and tell ourselves - a better club, most would at least talk to them.

and how many of those players' careers were as good as over less than 6 months ago? how many of those players were offered a contract before the extent of their injury was known? how many of those players completed a lap of honour yesterday knowing they will not be signing a contract that has been on the table for some time?

sorry mate, but the money is not the be all and end all for players at the albion and neither should it be

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
So he doesn't lie BUT he is still a money grabbing ****. f*** off to saints with your poncy hair and beard. :wanker:

*Cries inside*

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Both Calderon and Gus have said that Calderon accepted our offer. He then went back when he understood Southampton were interested and said that he now wanted more time. I think the issue is about whether Gus can trust him.

You don't know how hard this is for me to say, but I agree with dwayne

Il trust poyets judgement over yours every day of the week. The guy is a success.

And don't forget he was a Gillingham reject before Gus picked him up. I wouldn't be surprised to find that he isn't quite the same player under Pardew.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
We don't know that Calderon WOULD have left for more money. He just asked to be given the chance to hear what was on offer.

:rant: I'm in a mood, don't let the facts get in the way of my moaning :angry:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I never had and never will have a problem with out of contract players talking to other clubs. At the end of the day, we would all do the same.

But it's the fact he verbally agreed to a new contract and then decided he wants to f*** off somewhere else because he's been offered a few more quid (We can safely assume).

Very disappointing from a player who seemed like a decent guy. Oh well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here