Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're not fast enough at the back to play such a high back line

I agree. We have had Lamptey or Cuckoo in the past to give us that pace. I think Estupinan used to be quicker too. But without a fast defender it's an easy goal for the opposition.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't the issue is that our centre backs aren't fast enough.

A centre back is never going to be as quick as a nippy striker.

Conceding goals on the counter is priced into our playing style. We need enough goals from the constant regaining of possession, which the high line gives us, to make the gambit worthwhile.

At the moment, it's the forwards, not the defenders, letting the manager down

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Entertaining game, but almost as frustrating as the Ipswich match. Shoulda put it to bed early in the second half. Still, undefeated so glass half full etc- but should probably have four more points than we have.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Well, that was quite frustrating. They came and did a job I suppose and will be pleased with their days work. But u have to say, we look a bit odd. Not particularly hard to play against and aimless at times. 79 vs 21 % possession shows how much we had the ball but their was a lot of exasperated arm movements, confusion and frequent lack of hustle.

For mitigation there are still loads of silly mistakes and poor passing that you get from teammates just getting to know each other, so I hope it's that. But if we are in a transitional phase, it's hard for this tactical luddite to see what we are transitioning into. Hopefully it will become obvious soon.

It feels strange to be so unnerved after a an unbeaten start to the season, but here we are.

Individual player wise Adingra was really poor. Whoever starts between him and Minteh seems to stink the place out, and the replacement improves things. Adingra in particular doesn't seem to work on the right. Minteh's touch in places was horrible again. I hope its just that he's trying too hard. Also, will the real Pervis Estupinan please come back. This imposter you've sent isn't fooling anyone.

Most people around me weren't having Rutter, but I can see a player there. His twisting and turning and power is decent but he needs to upgrade his passing to Premier league level. It's hopeful and wafty instead of decisive.

Thought Baleba was good again penalty and curtailed by yellow card aside and Hinshelwood good in CM.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Gibbs White's second yellow was not soft! He scissored JP's legs, injuring him in the process, was off the ground, out of control and could well have been a straight red if not already booked.
Yeah I was right above it and it looked nasty. I thought he'd ORiley'd him and he wasn't moving properly after him.

I noticed Hurzeler with his hands on his head with a bit of an 'oh no, not again look.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Entertaining game, very disappointing result but hard to actually blame anyone imo :shrug:

We are dropping points too regularly though, which I know sounds ridiculous given that we are unbeaten.

Conceding on the break we are going to have to get used to if FH is set in his style of play, but we all knew this when he was appointed. We’ll probably get a couple of absolute stuffings over the season too

Not complaining, I am being entertained.

Ref was f***ing atrocious today but did not cost us, although he tried by giving a penalty that was bought

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
We’ve spent £200m and look like last seasons injury hit squad. At least we beat Forest 1-0 with that squad.
Give RDZ that squad today and we would be all over them. Switching Mitoma to wing back when we need a goal pathetic.
You missed the substitution then? Fergie for Pervis. A striker for a defender.

And Mitoma was hardly playing anywhere near the “back” after.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
There are flashes of real exciting football in all we do. Which is why some of the things that are not quite there yet are so frustrating. Passing for one, the number of passes to the opposition will really start hurting the deeper we go into the season, hopefully the more time they get together, the less that happens. Looking forward to Milner being back soon hopefully.

I'd like to see both the "no one had posession" penalty and the "scissor kick but he got the ball" yellow card and two reds again..something fishy there...

Someone explain to me again why they don't flag for offside immediately at the infraction, but wait for the team who caused the infraction to see if they can score? Not getting my head around that no matter who explains it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here