Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well f me - I obviously went to a different match not the one reading all the negative comments here that make it sounds like we lost 4-0, yes it was frustrating to lose a game we dominated but we weren’t that bad. didn’t think our new players were that bad
Er, yes, you apparently did :shrug:

(was it good?)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well f me - I obviously went to a different match not the one reading all the negative comments here that make it sounds like we lost 4-0, yes it was frustrating to lose a game we dominated but we weren’t that bad.

Yeah, you definitely went to a different match if you think we lost

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Two average sides, very few chances, amazed to see 4 goals. Must admit, very disappointed. Can't see us getting anywhere near Europe unless Hurzeler works out how to get our wide players in behind.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
We should have closed out the game by scoring our third in those 10 minutes after half-time when Forest looked ready to collapse. However, like so many Amex matches in the past we didn't and got caught and let an inferior team leave with points they didn't deserve. It's Groundhog day whichever manager we have in charge.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
What a game and what a day of football... the things I'd do for a kebabpizza right now..

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
That's a good point. Post match Welbz said that fans will criticize the back line...but it's our forwards that lost the ball.
Still, that being said, something is not right. Forwards will OFTEN lose the ball to a good defense, so we maybe need to keep another back in midfield to help break up opponent's transition.

We should have closed out the game by scoring our third in those 10 minutes after half-time when Forest looked ready to collapse. However, like so many Amex matches in the past we didn't and got caught and let an inferior team leave with points they didn't deserve. It's Groundhog day whichever manager we have in charge.
It’s been happening since the 2019/20 season under Potter. Thought FH’s more direct approach might be the answer but appears not.

PlayMoran

May 19, 2023
Positives:
  • Held an in form Forest team to just 3 shots outside of the penalty
  • Hinshelwood played very well at CM
  • Estupiñán looked sharper
  • Minteh suited an impact sub role
  • Two great goals from a technical POV
  • Still unbeaten
Negatives:
  • Conceded 2 goals from just 4 shots
  • Poor defensive organisation for the 2nd Forest goal