Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well f me - I obviously went to a different match not the one reading all the negative comments here that make it sounds like we lost 4-0, yes it was frustrating to lose a game we dominated but we weren’t that bad. didn’t think our new players were that bad
Hmm i think you did go to a different game ….i recall it being a draw 😉

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Im totally with you on this nonsense offside thing. Was thinking that today. Must be difficult as a defender. Did the linesman not see it? Was he onside but I thought he was off? What happens if the defender gets a second yellow for a foul on an attacker that was clearly offside but not flagged at the time?
Knackering as well. As the defenders have to chase every ball down even though they know deep down its o/s.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I don't the issue is that our centre backs aren't fast enough.

A centre back is never going to be as quick as a nippy striker.

Conceding goals on the counter is priced into our playing style. We need enough goals from the constant regaining of possession, which the high line gives us, to make the gambit worthwhile.

At the moment, it's the forwards, not the defenders, letting the manager down
That's a good point. Post match Welbz said that fans will criticize the back line...but it's our forwards that lost the ball.
Still, that being said, something is not right. Forwards will OFTEN lose the ball to a good defense, so we maybe need to keep another back in midfield to help break up opponent's transition.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's a good point. Post match Welbz said that fans will criticize the back line...but it's our forwards that lost the ball.
Still, that being said, something is not right. Forwards will OFTEN lose the ball to a good defense, so we maybe need to keep another back in midfield to help break up opponent's transition.
Just need a CB not to go charging into a midfield pressing position and leaving an acre of space behind him.

Maybe tactical, but in that moment just drop, the opposite of what Van Hecke decides to do. There wasn’t really any danger until VH left his position, that’s the key decision that leads to their equaliser.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
For any impartial observer that was a very exciting game end to end
From a Forest fans viewpoint I would imagine they must be quite happy with the point they defend well and broke really fast.
From my Brighton perspective it’s two points lost, we are very vulnerable at the back but incredibly exciting in midfield and in attack
This really is going to be a fun season we will win many games and loose many games although I am not sure Fabian has settled on his starting 11 yet
Veltman is a total master of the game he knows when and how to take the steam out of an opponents attack
Hinch what a header although he was totally unmarked and the cross was brilliant
why Fabian was sent off
And Welbeck’s free kick was sublime

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Should not of taken Beleba off

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
For any impartial observer that was a very exciting game end to end
From a Forest fans viewpoint I would imagine they must be quite happy with the point they defend well and broke really fast.
From my Brighton perspective it’s two points lost, we are very vulnerable at the back but incredibly exciting in midfield and in attack
This really is going to be a fun season we will win many games and loose many games although I am not sure Fabian has settled on his starting 11 yet
Veltman is a total master of the game he knows when and how to take the steam out of an opponents attack
Hinch what a header although he was totally unmarked and the cross was brilliant
why Fabian was sent off
And Welbeck’s free kick was sublime
So exciting in attack we created one real chance second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here