Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I'm a pretty critical fan but no way am I thinking Rutter and Minteh are shit.

Minteh sets up two goals in 5 games. Class at Evrton and what a run at Arsenal. He's looked a little lost last two games/trying too hard and his touch is heavy but he will help us this year (away games more imo).

Rutter has to sort out his finishing but I thought he played well today and links the play really well. Always available.

Adringra was poor today as was Pervis first half.

We are going to have a good season (e.g. top 9 and far in a cup). The first 3 games had me hoping/dreaming of more.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm a pretty critical fan but no way am I thinking Rutter and Minteh are shit.

Minteh sets up two goals in 5 games. Class at Evrton and what a run at Arsenal. He's looked a little lost last two games/trying too hard and his touch is heavy but he will help us this year (away games more imo).

Rutter has to sort out his finishing but I thought he played well today and links the play really well. Always available.

Adringra was poor today as was Pervis first half.

We are going to have a good season (e.g. top 9 and far in a cup). The first 3 games had me hoping/dreaming of more.
We'll finish 6th and get to a final - you heard it here, first. ;)

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Edited. Never critical of NSC but quite difficult to reply to a chat when using a mobile. Popups and ads everywhere.
There are flashes of real exciting football in all we do. Which is why some of the things that are not quite there yet are so frustrating. Passing for one, the number of passes to the opposition will really start hurting the deeper we go into the season, hopefully the more time they get together, the less that happens. Looking forward to Milner being back soon hopefully.

I'd like to see both the "no one had posession" penalty and the "scissor kick but he got the ball" yellow card and two reds again..something fishy there...

Someone explain to me again why they don't flag for offside immediately at the infraction, but wait for the team who caused the infraction to see if they can score? Not getting my head around that no matter who explains it...
Im totally with you on this nonsense offside thing. Was thinking that today. Must be difficult as a defender. Did the linesman not see it? Was he onside but I thought he was off? What happens if the defender gets a second yellow for a foul on an attacker that was clearly offside but not flagged at the time?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We were caught out a few times with our lack of pace in defence resulting in their equaliser. We just cannot play such a high line as the better teams will muller us. Both our goals were great but the lack of defensive pace and high line cost us

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Give over!
If Forest had timed their runs a little bit better we would have lost plain and simple. They have obviously worked on it during the week as per the smug look on their managers face. FH looked lost tbh his subs are to late I think we created one real chance second half just one. Similar story against Ipswich.
The weird Mitoma down the middle wasn’t working at all first half once we got him on the ball on the left he wins a foul for the goal and had a hand in the first goal, play your best players in their best positions. Ferdi for Pervis Ferguson for Welbeck would have been a better option around 60 minutes as we were seriously lacking pace at the back

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
I don't the issue is that our centre backs aren't fast enough.
Yep. The lack of speed would be okay if they had better communication, IMO. Our back 4 looks disjointed when we have JPVH and Dunk together, for me.
Hope it will get addressed, because once teams suss it as a weakness they will continue to look to exploit it.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
My wife and her family all being Forest fans I’m not going to complain about the result. After the away game last season I thought for a while I’d be ostracised for good…at least after today everyone seems equally (un)happy

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Im totally with you on this nonsense offside thing. Was thinking that today. Must be difficult as a defender. Did the linesman not see it? Was he onside but I thought he was off? What happens if the defender gets a second yellow for a foul on an attacker that was clearly offside but not flagged at the time?
It is nonsense.

If the offside is tight. Fine I have no problem, flag later. But that isn't what is happening.

You have these weird passages of play, like they exist on a paralel universe or something, where we're having to defend, because they're professional footballers and can't let them walk it in, but nobody seriously believes it's not being bought back.

At the very least, the defenders are unnecessarily using energy and who knows what could happen in these pointless passages of play. Weird shit happens in football, injuries, sending's off, altercations.

The linesman just needs to go back to flagging when player's are blatantly offside. If not, what's the point of even having them? They're not really contributing anything as far as I can tell

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yep. The lack of speed would be okay if they had better communication, IMO. Our back 4 looks disjointed when we have JPVH and Dunk together, for me.
Hope it will get addressed, because once teams suss it as a weakness they will continue to look to exploit it.
The speed is fine. They are 15 stone centre backs.

The communication is fine. They are both very good defenders and have a great partnership

The issue is the strategy. Defending the half way line is contributing heavily to us getting 70% possession and 20 shots every game. Yes we're vulnerable on the counter. That's the trade off.

The suggestion that we should bin off Dunk and find a 6 foot 4 centre back that can keep up with Hudson Odoi ..... who's already got momentum as he's started his run from deep is fanciful.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
They’ve already sussed it out. It’s just a case of them exploiting it more effectively, which will happen as the season progresses.

Not impressed with the new players, what a waste of Bloom’s money.
It was the first game Wieffer has not misplaced a pass comically, he’s showing some decent signs today

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
After five EPL matches, with RDZ having substantial top flight experience, and taking over an established, winning team he had no wins and 2 points. Admittedly he didn't have a pre-season.

Hürzeler took over a team that was struggling at the end of last season, and has 2 wins and 9 points

Obviously there are many things to work on and improve, but I'd say he, and we, are doing OK.

Also, anyone who's binning off new signings at this point I'll file away in the same mental space as the people who were telling me Pascal Groß was useless for several years.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Exactly that situation occured which is why I'm finding it so strange and nonsensicle...A rather hearty tackle (foul or light card) in this "we know its offside but lets keep playing on" period of play...so where does that stand? what if it was worse?

Must say that £40m for Rutter looks like another Locadia signing. What actually does he do or offer us?
For me he has a Murray issue, looks too languid and slow to curry early favour. Doesn’t mean he won’t be effective

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
NF obviously came to spoil and the clown of a ref gave them absolutely everything in the first half. Rutter looked raw to me..him n Adringra didn’t combine well together but given time will surely improve. Shame that early second half dominance didn’t result in at least one goal. Two great goals there were scored though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here