Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

boik

My son in law is hyper-critical, and he thought we were very good today. That’ll do for me.
Forest fans thought we were mostly great too. People get upset when games don't go how they think they should. Luckily football doesn't go according to scripts otherwise it would be boring as ****.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Great point for us, thought for 40 minutes we were good, two fantastic BHA goals especially the first😍 turned the first half on its head, disappointed with Gibbs White as he’s not a dirty player normally, his gob got him the first card and even though the ref motioned he got the ball the second yellow was a little soft ……Hope he learns from it.

Good luck between now and when you come to the WFCG, thanks for a great day out at the AMEX, look forward to BHA giving us a Champions of Sussex rendition which was the best banter by far from any away fans last season and welcoming you all to Nottingham 🙏
Gibbs White's second yellow was not soft! He scissored JP's legs, injuring him in the process, was off the ground, out of control and could well have been a straight red if not already booked.

SparrowGull

Jan 7, 2024
A similar story to Ipswich in that we had the chances to put this to bed (Welbeck, Rutter...) and were creative, but they defended solidly for the most part and we couldnt finish. The ref was horrendous, but what's new there. Mitoma was better this week, Hinshelwood did great in the middle. I'd like to see what Kadioglu can offer down the right.

The real worry is how high we defend, when our centre back pairing might as well be running through treacle. We bought Rutter in the summer who we dont need, but not a centre back with any kind of pace. It seemed so odd at the time, even more so now. The penalty came from a breakaway that we didnt cover, and their second much the same story - constantly trying to play offside but if the opposition are wise to it they're in time and again.

But, still unbeaten, probably roughly where we deserve to be in the table after 5 games.

This place seems a lot more reactionary and bitter than in previous seasons. We aren't going to be immediately Champions League competitors, a lot of new players and a new manager need time to bed in.

Dropped points but not all bad signs.
Completely agree with this, and have been saying it in every game. You cannot play CBs who are so slow when the tactics mean they're exposed multiple times per game. You either have to play Kadioglu and Estupinan and have one of them always on defensive duty, or buy a CB with pace. As you say - £45m would have been far better spent on a pacey CB than Rutter.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We weren’t the poorer side most of the time

- we clearly out played Notts at the end of the first half and most of the second but some key decisions went against us - the pen was soft but a pen - the scoreline doesn’t reflect either sides performance - we failed to convert a number of chances; Notts missed some right tap ins and fluffed a number of 1:1s with Bart.

We should be and are much better than the result today and so are Notts tbh.

The goals by Hinsh and Danny against the standard of play by both teams gives me cause for hope today’s match wasn’t season defining.

1 point saved by both teams.

However, laying into new players like Rutter and Minteh when we can count the number of EPL fixtures they’ve played on one hand is insane - they are still bedding into a team that itself is getting used to a new manager.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Because some on here have been studying hard to become entitled twats. Forest are doing well this season, haven't lost yet, and beat Liverpool at home last week. Seriously the way some of you are talking I started to wonder if I had gotten onto an Arsenal forum
There's something I've been thinking for a while - that at some point, if our run in the Premier League continues for the foreseeable, that we're going to have a generation of fans who have only known this.

The possibility exists for that generation to regularly be guilty of falling into Leeds-esque egowank of "should be beating #teamslike"

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Gibbs White's second yellow was not soft! He scissored JP's legs, injuring him in the process, was off the ground, out of control and could well have been a straight red if not already booked.
If he had not got second hello then surely var say red card. It was a shocking scissor tackle. Anyone arguing it was not a red does not understand football has changed in 15 years.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
We play some stunning football at times, including today, and have done all season so far.

In terms of avoiding defeat, this has been our best ever start to a top division season.

Fans who are complaining about how "shit" we are, are utterly embarrassing and should really f*** off and support Man City.

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023

This 💯 just saw thr replays can not complain with the second yellow
Fair dos, MGW ain’t a dirty player he’s wholehearted, I’d be astounded if he tried to do him, hope Joao isn’t too badly injured.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Today was like watching the movie you've seen 578 times.

Midfield dominance, impressive deep build up play, Crap crossing, ineffective set pieces, ref favouring the away team. They create a small number of high quality chances. Home draw

The only thing scoring it down a bit on Rotten tomatoes is the keeper never pulled out an award winning performance.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
The way teams set up against us, home and away, is a huge compliment I think. We’re just not used to it. Well we better get used to it cos it’s only the really big teams that are going to come at us.
I think that will suit us (the big teams coming at us, that is) we got the players for it. Slow back four (but good at defending), some of the best wingers in the league, add a Welbz or Fergie and a fit Joao Pedro. Counter attacking at it’s best!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Notts missed some right tap ins and fluffed a number of 1:1s with Bart.
Most of their chances were flagged for offside so don't count.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
The guy writing the match report on the club website needs sacking- describing Rutter as ‘impressive’ shows he was either pisssed as a fart or his specsavers eye test appointment was cancelled

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We’ve spent £200m and look like last seasons injury hit squad. At least we beat Forest 1-0 with that squad.
Give RDZ that squad today and we would be all over them. Switching Mitoma to wing back when we need a goal pathetic.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
We’ve spent £200m and look like last seasons injury hit squad. At least we beat Forest 1-0 with that squad.
Give RDZ that squad today and we would be all over them. Switching Mitoma to wing back when we need a goal pathetic.
The forest team was shite last year though

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We're not going to win them all.

In most games, there is another team out there, doing their damnedest to take the points.

Although we missed some chances, Forest defended well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here