Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Has anyone mentioned Notts Forest’s Murillo looked more shorts than man today?

I can only assume he turned up late and the only pair left in the kit bag was the size XXXXL.
I’m glad someone else noticed this. He’s not a small man so I can only think he gets those specially made!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
At one stage I thought - isn't Georginho a slightly better version of Locadia? And then my brain went really 'nostalgic' and started thinking that Minteh in the last two games was Albert Jarrett!!!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Has anyone mentioned Notts Forest’s Murillo looked more shorts than man today?

I can only assume he turned up late and the only pair left in the kit bag was the size XXXXL.
As an aside, I think we (i.e. society at large) should bring back properly short football shorts. Anything extending more than a third of the way down the thigh is bullshit.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
POSITIVES
Two great goals.
Hinshelwood can play anywhere
Mitoma recovering his form
Pervis is coming back

NEGATIVES
No matter how much potential he has Baleba is still raw
Rutter is not a goalscorer
Without Pedro our forward line looked limited
Does anyone know how to manage when Fab is off?..... a man up and we still kept Veltman on with Ferdi waiting!!!

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Up to 4th place 🤞

We looked a different team once Hinsh scored. But a half dominated by disorganised chaos and frustration at times.

Notts playing really well but hopefully two really brilliant goals from Hinsh and Danny has changed the dynamic and we’ll consolidate our lead in the second half.

Baleba needs to come off - far too agitated - Danny too as he was moving awkwardly and looked like he may have been in pain going into the tunnel. Perhaps a groin strain from that free kick ( or the celebratory scissor leap afterwards!)
Zeberdi, I like your posts but
NO-One!
EVER!
refers to them as Notts - unless it’s as Notts Forest, which is often used - Forest would be the usual abbreviation

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I thought Rutter played quite well. Some nice movement, good control and some decent passes.
Some really good phases of play. Mitoma was running them ragged early in the second half.
Where we seemed to lack attacking wise was on our right. Not Adingra’s best game and then Minteh’s control let him down. They were showing him down the outside and at times he needs to take them on, on the outside as he has the pace to get past defenders.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Zeberdi, I like your posts but
NO-One!
EVER!
refers to them as Notts - unless it’s as Notts Forest, which is often used - Forest would be the usual abbreviation
On the train from Lewes to Falmer at lunchtime an old lady going into Brighton was chatting to an Albion fan behind me and asked who we were playing today and he replied 'Notts Forest' and some Forest fans stood in the aisle very nicely, no malice intended, corrected him to say it's 'Forest' or 'Nottingham Forest' never 'Notts' as that's only for Notts County.

sakooshi

Jun 16, 2024
On the train from Lewes to Falmer at lunchtime an old lady going into Brighton was chatting to an Albion fan behind me and asked who we were playing today and he replied 'Notts Forest' and some Forest fans stood in the aisle very nicely, no malice intended, corrected him to say it's 'Forest' or 'Nottingham Forest' never 'Notts' as that's only for Notts County.
Notts County but Nottm Forest, when shortened

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Absolutely dreadful

Few moments it got going but those last 20 when the players needed us was up there with some real shit we’ve produced as fans

This season as a fan base in the stadium we are shit house . Worst since we’ve been at the Amex . Spoilt middle class ?
Unfortunately too many people with season tickets where the Albion would be their second team. Therefore no passion or any sort of atmosphere when you have these type of games.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Needless to say, they had the last laugh.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Positives… should’ve won. STILL unbeaten. Hinshelwood played very well. We scored a free-kick!

Negatives… two points dropped at home for second week on the trot. Very tricky run of games coming up. Minteh after an incredible first 45 minutes and pre-season is really struggling at the moment, and some individuals were not great today.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Positives… should’ve won. STILL unbeaten. Hinshelwood played very well. We scored a free-kick!

Negatives… two points dropped at home for second week on the trot. Very tricky run of games coming up. Minteh after an incredible first 45 minutes and pre-season is really struggling at the moment, and some individuals were not great today.
Dunk and Veltman are well off the pace unfortunately....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here