Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
ALL our corners, and the majority of our crosses are shit.
Pervis and Minteh made one good corner each. And JPVH's cross was class. Pascal's corners were dire at the end. Dead rubbers. But yes our crossing needs to get better.

What I find frustrating is that Welbeck and Ferguson NEVER EVER BLOODY EVER run to the front post (like Murray used to) when so many of our crosses fall short. Made their centre backs look like Baresi and Maldini.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
It wasn’t the best. I just worry that the overall play isn’t great, results can go either way and we’ve been quite lucky that we are getting points out of these games, but I still can’t see the style of play and we still start games badly and with misplaced passes etc.

boik

The new players are very disappointing! Rutter, not sure what he does. Minteh, looks like he has just taken up the game - a poor mans LuaLua and Wieffer seems to spend most of his time giving the ball to the oppo! The coach needs to grow up on the line - ridiculous to be sent off today.
I said to my mates that I'd thought we'd be struggling towards the bottom of the league after a few games because it would take time for the new players and coach to find their way. I'm pretty happy so far and think we will improve as the season goes on.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Really not sure what people were expecting at the start of the season.
What I was expecting was that we would take a while to settle given the poor end to last season AND the number of new players AND a new manager AND the fact that the new manager has never managed in any top flight league AND the fact that the new manager is essentially still a child (from my perspective).

We are playing almost exactly as I'd expect. Bold, attacking but disjointed at times. And vulnerable at the back.

Given all that, I am.delighted and suprised, at results so far.

There is every reason to think we will get better.

Much better.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
That was shit. Really shit.

No runners off the ball. No willingness or license for fullbacks to overlap. Well Veltman did a couple of times but he's the one you don't want doing that.

Completely different to pre season where we would put the ball over the top between CB and the full back. Exactly what they were doing to us. Press wasn't there like it was pre season as well.

Too slow to move it out wide so Mitoma and Minteh had too much to do.

Other than that I thought we were excellent.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
The back four need some serious drilling with this high line tactic, some really sub optimal decision making between the four of them. van Hecke leaving his man and charging forward 20 yards when Forest have possession, Veltman looking along the line and playing Forest players onside and Dunks reckless challenges. They just don't have the pace to make up for minor mistakes and that makes the mistakes much more serious. Surprised we got away with a draw tbh.

Alex BH

Apr 16, 2013
So many chances to finish that game off in the second half. So frustrating. Ref was an absolute clown. Decided to blow the final whistle while we were on the attack exactly on 96 minutes despite at least 1 minute of stoppages in added time. Not to mention the ridiculous penalty.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
What has happened to minteh? He was brilliant against Everton but has looked pony since!

wtf were forest moaning at? Scissor tackles are not allowed. That was a perfect example of why.

Really naive goal to concede when completely dominant at 2-1. We have to win that. As it happens lucky to draw after they bombed the break when dunk was booked. He has to play the ball earlier. Dreadful.

Mitoma looking back to near his best.

Estupinian was awful but will improve.

Jack was good.

Baleba going off changed the balance of the game as he was brilliant once he got his head back on.

Welbeck has to score after dancing through.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
And Pascal.

I still think letting both go was a mistake. Thinking we’d be fine with a whole new midfield who’d barely played any PL matches between them was daft and it’s surprising they didn’t think that some PL experience was going to be beneficial.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Still, we remain unbeaten this season and another point on the board. Don't know why some people are getting so pissed off.
Because some on here have been studying hard to become entitled twats. Forest are doing well this season, haven't lost yet, and beat Liverpool at home last week. Seriously the way some of you are talking I started to wonder if I had gotten onto an Arsenal forum

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I do wish that some folk would stop moaning. Yes, we *could* have been 4th...hell, we *could* have been 1st. Either way, we have to accept that even in either scenario, it's not where we're going to finish.
Fully accept that we've been slack in not killing-off a game.....again, but we're in 7th spot, still unbeaten (along with Forest, City and the Arse....which will change, later), and still trying to gel with a new manager and new players.
Disappointed? A little - hopeful? Most definitely.
At least we're not Palace, eh? :)

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
What has happened to minteh? He was brilliant against Everton but has looked pony since!

wtf were forest moaning at? Scissor tackles are not allowed. That was a perfect example of why.

Really naive goal to concede when completely dominant at 2-1. We have to win that. As it happens lucky to draw after they bombed the break when dunk was booked. He has to play the ball earlier. Dreadful.

Mitoma looking back to near his best.

Estupinian was awful but will improve.

Jack was good.

Baleba going off changed the balance of the game as he was brilliant once he got his head back on.

Welbeck has to score after dancing through.
Largely agree. I thought Estupinian did ok though - he's looking more like his old self and the partnership with Mitoma seems to be coming back together.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Commentator said Fab's red was for standing on the pitch talking to Dunk after Gibbs-White's red card. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here