Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
My one criticism of Potter is that he doesn't seem to err on the side of caution enough.
He has shown himself to be a bit tactically naive over the last couple of games so hopefully he'll learn from this.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We can't get something from these matches though. Through their spend on truly top players such as Maddison, Ricardo and Tielemans, they've joined the Chelsea and Citeh mob who simply love playing the Albion. The honesty to our play (I love Potter for doing this, to an extent), makes it a cert that they will win a pure footballing contest.
Given that it was a cert we'd lose, how many here doubled their money?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The reality is that Stephens Propper March are just not good enough . No goals or creativity from midfield . March will never do what knocky or Izzy we’re or are capable of ever! Yes we need another striker should of also started Murray and for god sake we need a decent midfield these two clowns will cost us .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For reasons unknown Duffy appears to have adopted the Kuipers shank when clearing the ball

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
I am sorry but I think the way we set up for games against the top sides is simply naive.

We were very lucky we were not really hammered in the last two games

Although we played neatly for the first fifteen minutes of the second half it is terribly disappointing for the opposition goal keeper having not a single save.

I really wish our Manager showed more tactical awareness rather than tinkerman.

Naturally I want him to do well.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just watched highlights
Think the Maupay incident should have been a penalty. At least as clear as their’s, so why no VAR check? Bizarre

The stream I was watching confirmed that there was a VAR check for that incident. Looked a penalty to me but not really what you'd call a clear and obvious error.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I trust mike dean gets an assist for their first goal by allowing Evan's to amble to the half way line instead of taking the shortest route off the pitch like the rules say. Totally took the impudous away and may have broken our concentration as they scored straight from our corner he won at least two minutes earlier

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We deserved to lose that. Two very poor corner kicks one led to a goal the other should have. We just lacked pace all over and never created anything. Leicester winning 4-0 wouldn't have been harsh. Leicester are the model we need to replicate

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I am sorry but I think the way we set up for games against the top sides is simply naive.

Although we played neatly for the first fifteen minutes of the second half it is terribly disappointing for the opposition goal keeper having not a single save.

Somebody else waking up. No chance Potter is going to change now. There's been at least 4 or 5 games where we have got away from being hammered. It's coming though.
Really poor manager

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Seems some are now wishing we’d sit back and defend against top 4 teams. Upshot today would probably have been that we’d have lost by a couple of goals doing that.

We played some good stuff today in the second half, enough to suggest we’ll get plenty of wins against teams around us. Need to be more incisive, sure, but Leicester’s defence is excellent. I’ll take that sort of encouragement over grinding out defeats any day.

We need to be a bit less naive in certain situations (surprised to see our defenders so far forward that they’re not giving themselves a yard or two on Vardy when he’s in his own half, for instance) but that’s very different to piling 11 men behind the ball.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We got what we deserved, Nothing, very poor performance and questions need to be asked about our ability to defend especially when a team breaks quickly. We are much too slow in action and thought and today we paid the price for this failing. Plus our very poor delivery from set pieces which is down to Potter and training at Lancing or lack of.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Somebody else waking up. No chance Potter is going to change now. There's been at least 4 or 5 games where we have got away from being hammered. It's coming though.
Really poor manager

are you still BOOOOOOOOOOOING after the spurs game?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems some are now wishing we’d sit back and defend against top 4 teams. Upshot today would probably have been that we’d have lost by a couple of goals doing that.

We played some good stuff today in the second half, enough to suggest we’ll get plenty of wins against teams around us. Need to be more incisive, sure, but Leicester’s defence is excellent. I’ll take that sort of encouragement over grinding out defeats any day.

We need to be a bit less naive in certain situations (surprised to see our defenders so far forward that they’re not giving themselves a yard or two on Vardy when he’s in his own half, for instance) but that’s very different to piling 11 men behind the ball.

Laughable that some fans choose to criticise us in games like this. The opposition are better in every position and established in the way they play. We are going to lose however we play, at least we gave it a go today and last week. We often look out of our depth..that’s probably because we are against teams like United (on form) and the team second in the league. Next week is likely to be worse...much worse.

Let’s leave the slagging off until we are getting outclassed by teams with the the same quality of players. Avoiding relegation is the only aim imo, let’s hope we do it with more enjoyable football than we had to endure last year

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This 100%.

A very high back line, and the likes of Propper giving the ball away, is the stuff of dreams for Chilwell, Vardy, Perez, James, Rashford .... almost certain counter attack goals against us.

Potter’s very good, but surely a bit more pragmatism on the defensive side of our game, against the PL’s huge spenders?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Taxi from the new rank at the back of Brighton station was a nightmare. Took 10 mins just to get out of the station Queuing system at which point the meter was £9. Never taking a taxi from btn station again. Yet again a lefty council ruining a perfectly sensible taxi rank that worked well and quickly .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here