Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Southpaw

Nov 19, 2019
I have no words.I was at the game.So let me get this right.Their player wins a pen for them for encroachment????So we save the pen buy because THEY broke a law of the law it's US who are penalised??????????I give up.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
We got what we deserved, Nothing, very poor performance and questions need to be asked about our ability to defend especially when a team breaks quickly. We are much too slow in action and thought and today we paid the price for this failing. Plus our very poor delivery from set pieces which is down to Potter and training at Lancing or lack of.

you keep saying duffy should start tho';

so, you're contradicting yourself again

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But to play with our entire team in the opponents half, when they have pace on the break and we have slow defenders, is bloody ridiculous. WTF was Potter thinking?

This.

Exactly the same at the Etihad and OT, Pep and OSG couldn’t believe their luck. Led to a stack of goals.

An inferior and slower team will shirley always be destroyed by that.

When Bmuff and Palarse got their wins over CL teams, they ALWAYS left at least 5 outfield players back in position. Palarse did exactly that under their last half dozen managers, giving famous wins at OT, Etihad and Stamford Bridge, plus a few more at home.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We were ordinary today but had you noticed their position before the game. Come on let’s get through this tough period and then move on again. I fancied a point today but it wasn’t to be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
While I dont think Stephens had his best day, he had 93% pass accuracy and only failed three passes. While he is no playmaker I have a hard time buying into the "very poor passing" thing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Total shambles today, with less luck we would have got a 6-0 or 7-0 hiding

Shut up you moron..... do you want Hughton tactics back......... we would never have won three on the trot at home under him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Taxi from the new rank at the back of Brighton station was a nightmare. Took 10 mins just to get out of the station Queuing system at which point the meter was £9. Never taking a taxi from btn station again. Yet again a lefty council ruining a perfectly sensible taxi rank that worked well and quickly .

That's why they run trains that get to Falmer quicker

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I know we lost to a very slick Leicester side, but we were woeful in the final third, with no one looking as if they wanted to shoot or get the ball into the box. We were lucky not to lose by more, but, on the bright side, we did, at times, look good in the build up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Somebody else waking up. No chance Potter is going to change now. There's been at least 4 or 5 games where we have got away from being hammered. It's coming though.
Really poor manager

Spence. I don't think you can claim he is a Bad Manager" - He has possibly got the job by virtue of his style of football being known to and endorsed by Ashworth.

He can't then suddenly just abandon that philosophy this early when it is yielding more than a point per game at this stage in the season and the fans are for the most part happy with how things are going.

If things change and his style of play stops yielding one win out of every three games. At that point it will be interesting to see whether he has the strength of character to go against the philosophy he was employed to carry out in order to yield more points.

I think at the moment he is on target to achieve what he was employed to do so mostly all good.

How he manages some of the players not currently in the team will be a good guide to how good a Manager he is. It will be interesting to see if Bissouma plays now that he is fit.

For me so far his Management has been decent given his lack of experience at this level but how he deals with the tougher issues in the coming months will determine whether you are right or wrong.

At the moment for me your constant negative "default position" is incorrect; however I do agree with you. There are some "warning signs" afoot.

I think if he can keep the team out of the bottom 3 in these next difficult run if games the I think everything might be fine.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The first half we did not turn up and Leicester bossed the game. Second half much better, we were getting on top before their breakaway goal. Difference between midtable / lower half premium league side and top 6 one was shown with them scoring from 1 end to the other in 15 seconds. We cannot do this. Slow build up and a reluctance to have a shot. 0 shots on goal all game. I think we have enough to stay up this season but the next 3 look very tough and it would be a test if we lose 5 in a row and how we would react to that. Liverpool is damage limitation, Arsenal we could get a point and same Wolves at home. We have been disappointing the last 2 games no doubt about that and I think Potter will be disappointed with it. Onwards and upwards. Goal has to be to stay up again and carry on with the Potter style which has been good to watch most of the season and then push on again next season

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Somebody else waking up. No chance Potter is going to change now. There's been at least 4 or 5 games where we have got away from being hammered. It's coming though.
Really poor manager

These fishing trips are doing you no good fella

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
you keep saying duffy should start tho';

so, you're contradicting yourself again

I have thought in the past that he should start but after today am having my doubts. Every clearance went into the east or west stand and even his headers were poor. Everybody is entitled to have a bad game occasionally and this was his. Would be a different player with Dunk next to him rather than Webster or Burn.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have thought in the past that he should start but after today am having my doubts. Every clearance went into the east or west stand and even his headers were poor. Everybody is entitled to have a bad game occasionally and this was his. Would be a different player with Dunk next to him rather than Webster or Burn.

You also rated Pröpper your MOM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here