Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
1) I've seen through Potter's poor defensive displays

2) You cannot do that at this level. It will catch up on us.

3) Potter out for me which i've been saying for ages now.

4) Var has ruined my experience of football and football in general

5) I've already said i'm not renewing

6) I tipped us to go down

7) I got my Palace ticket through the door the other day.

8) Despite all the abuse and a short ban i stand by everything i've said regarding Potter and his tactics.

9) According to one muppet i'm trolling but you know fall well i stand by what i've said. I'm confident of where we are heading.

10) I didn't go today as i'm heading out to Prague later

Any chance you could stay there? Preferably somewhere with shoddy internet... just saying, like!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A joker on Radio Sussex just now. Says that "we matched them, were great defensively, deserved a result, so many positives, played great football, and Vardy was the only difference"

WA rightly took his argument apart. Replied that we gave no service to our forwards and Schmeichal made no saves with his hands.

We need a striker and Ben Hall back from Leeds
He's dead.

Screenshot_20191123-173600.png

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hardly several levels they are well drilled and in excellent form we are in transition but not a million miles off them

Please, it's far more than just "well drilled".

LCFC have bought fantastic players. Maddison will win countless caps, Tielemans the same for Belgium, Ndidi and Ricardo have quality and pace we can only dream of, and youth product Chilwell will be world class imho.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No complaints, we had our moments, we made it a contest but Leicester were better.

We move on.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Just watched highlights
Think the Maupay incident should have been a penalty. At least as clear as their’s, so why no VAR check? Bizarre

boik

1) I've seen through Potter's poor defensive displays

2) You cannot do that at this level. It will catch up on us.

3) Potter out for me which i've been saying for ages now.

4) Var has ruined my experience of football and football in general

5) I've already said i'm not renewing

6) I tipped us to go down

7) I got my Palace ticket through the door the other day.

8) Despite all the abuse and a short ban i stand by everything i've said regarding Potter and his tactics.

9) According to one muppet i'm trolling but you know fall well i stand by what i've said. I'm confident of where we are heading.

10) I didn't go today as i'm heading out to Prague later

So then o sage one. Who is the manager that is going to get us into the top 4? Genuinely interested. You have obviously thought deeply about this, so you have the chance to persuade people that you actually know what you are talking about, rather than just being negative.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If this were a game in one of the cups, and we were in the Championship, the mood'd be different after that game.
No one would be happy, but there wouldn't be any flounces or calls for the manager's head.

The PL is effectively two leagues. There's already a 6 point gap between 4th and 5th.
(No way are Wolves and Burnley where they are now in May)

We're in the lower of two effective leagues.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The only alternatives are CH/Dyche pragmatism, or CP's rope-a-dope counter attack at pace routine, which has given them a stack of famous wins in the last 6.5 seasons (when outclassed). In doing that, CP always leave a small army of players back in defensive position.
Why are they "the only alternatives"? With CH style pragmatism after 13 games last season we had conceded ............ err, guess what? 19 goals! - the same as can't-defend-Potterball system this season!
Same number of points too - only difference is we've scored one more goal - that and the fact we're playing better football, with youngsters coming through.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If this were a game in one of the cups, and we were in the Championship, the mood'd be different after that game.
No one would be happy, but there wouldn't be any flounces or calls for the manager's head.

The PL is effectively two leagues. There's already a 6 point gap between 4th and 5th.
(No way are Wolves and Burnley where they are now in May)

We're in the lower of two effective leagues.

I'd argue it's three.

The Top 6 - usually the same old, but can fluctuate temporarily
The bottom 6 - usually comprised of the three promoted teams plus three others who end up having shocking seasons
The middle 8 - the mainstays, never quite good enough to do anything more than flirt with the Top 6 and also usually decent enough to pull themselves out of the bottom 6 eventually.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very frustrating today, once we grown a pair after 30 minutes we looked good but that lack of killer instinct in front of goal cost us the game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We can't get something from these matches though. Through their spend on truly top players such as Maddison, Ricardo and Tielemans, they've joined the Chelsea and Citeh mob who simply love playing the Albion. The honesty to our play (I love Potter for doing this, to an extent), makes it a cert that they will win a pure footballing contest.

The only alternatives are CH/Dyche pragmatism, or CP's rope-a-dope counter attack at pace routine
I'm not quite sure why we were so poor in the first half, and then reasonable in the second half. But to play with our entire team in the opponents half, when they have pace on the break and we have slow defenders, is bloody ridiculous. WTF was Potter thinking?

Oh, and Mike Dean's a ****.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Please, it's far more than just "well drilled".

LCFC have bought fantastic players. Maddison will win countless caps, Tielemans the same for Belgium, Ndidi and Ricardo have quality and pace we can only dream of, and youth product Chilwell will be world class imho.

Yeah they bought very well but we gave them a game in the second half and they punished us no shame in losing to a better side. And they are certainly something to aspire to

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'm not quite sure why we were so poor in the first half, and then reasonable in the second half. But to play with our entire team in the opponents half, when they have pace on the break and we have slow defenders, is bloody ridiculous. WTF was Potter thinking?

Oh, and Mike Dean's a ****.

My one criticism of Potter is that he doesn't seem to err on the side of caution enough.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Leicester were excellent and will finish comfortably top four. We’re a dozen games into a complete change of playing style and philosophy after struggling like **** for most of last season. We’ll be alright.

A few naive mistakes and possibly tactics on display today but my sheets remain dry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here