Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How do i want attention you cretin ? Tell me exactly how ?
Enjoy your defeat Spence. It will get you the attention you crave.

How did your team go this afternoon?

Plum

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Zahahahaha skies one at the death and Palace lose. That made me smile. And Southampton concede a late equaliser too.

I'm not going to worry too much about today's result. We're still showing attacking intent. It's simply that some teams in this division are clearly better than others and Leicester are one of them. Hopefully we'll be able to kick on once this tough run of fixtures is over. Arsenal away is not nearly as terrifying as it once was.

Let's not think about next week just yet...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What do the NSC'ers who said they were going to this match with a real sense of excitement, we can get a result, think now?

Outclassed from start to finish. These Albion players will never live with Chilwell, Ricardo, Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi. Simply several levels above the likes of NSC's golden boy Propper.

Attempts on target: 0 (the home team) vs 9.

For me, it was the individual mistakes that annoyed me more - you can tell that Leicester are one hell of a team and anyone that takes points from them will have done well this season.
It was the lack of movement and the misplaced passes that frustrates me. When we are good we are superb, but if the wheels fall off then we just don't seem to have the ability to grab things back.

I think the Jan window will be big for us - in an ideal world we need perhaps another 3? players in my mind, if they fit what Potter has planned.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
As i said i'm just biding my time. I called this back in September. I'm just going to sit back and watch it unfold. I want Potterball out but at the moment i'm on my own. Won't be long before you lot are playing catch up.

As I said before today's game things will get worse before they get better. But I'm hopeful for the season and enjoying it more than last yea. Agree that we're unecessarily naive and we don't need to be but look more threatening going forward than we ever did with Hughton.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Just no cutting edge today. Decent 2nd half display but nothing up front. No shots on target for us. An area that needs improving fast.

D

Deleted member 2719

I wonder what Ralph was saying here???

Attachments

• Cation .png
    Cation .png
    481.1 KB · Views: 164

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
For me, it was the individual mistakes that annoyed me more - you can tell that Leicester are one hell of a team and anyone that takes points from them will have done well this season.
It was the lack of movement and the misplaced passes that frustrates me. When we are good we are superb, but if the wheels fall off then we just don't seem to have the ability to grab things back.

I think the Jan window will be big for us - in an ideal world we need perhaps another 3? players in my mind, if they fit what Potter has planned.
This for me as well. We have the ability to control games and we have shown that several times this season. Then we collectively seem to play like we are league 1. It is baffling.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2 goals, a retaken penalty that took about 5 minutes altogether, 6 subs and only 3 minutes of stoppage time?! How?!

I was listening on the radio admittedly, but there was a long injury break around 55 mins. Evans injury took up lots of time. A good 4 mins for a peno. 2 goals, 6 subs. That alone is 4. It should have been 8-10 mins easily. Baffling how they just change the rules when they think a games dead these twats.

Chins up today - sounded like we battled well and had our chances and just as we got on top for 20 mins they score.

What do the NSC'ers who said they were going to this match with a real sense of excitement, we can get a result, think now?

Outclassed from start to finish. These Albion players will never live with Chilwell, Ricardo, Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi. Simply several levels above the likes of NSC's golden boy Propper.

First half Chilwell (or Chidle as the hesgoal commentator kept calling him) completely bossed the midfield and was mentioned time and time again. Shame about the result but on balance they deserved the win. UTA !!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm actually very disappointed with this result....no, angry. I hate losing more than I like winning and I feel we could have done a bit more in the first half. But there you go, we won't win every game especially against a one trick pony like Leicestershire

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

1) I've seen through Potter's poor defensive displays

2) You cannot do that at this level. It will catch up on us.

3) Potter out for me which i've been saying for ages now.

4) Var has ruined my experience of football and football in general

5) I've already said i'm not renewing

6) I tipped us to go down

7) I got my Palace ticket through the door the other day.

8) Despite all the abuse and a short ban i stand by everything i've said regarding Potter and his tactics.

9) According to one muppet i'm trolling but you know fall well i stand by what i've said. I'm confident of where we are heading.

10) I didn't go today as i'm heading out to Prague later

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm actually very disappointed with this result....no, angry. I hate losing more than I like winning and I feel we could have done a bit more in the first half. But there you go, we won't win every game especially against a one trick pony like Leicestershire

Reminded me a lot of the game a couple of years back against them, annoying club that are still tin pot

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
1) I've seen through Potter's poor defensive displays

2) You cannot do that at this level. It will catch up on us.

3) Potter out for me which i've been saying for ages now.

4) Var has ruined my experience of football and football in general

5) I've already said i'm not renewing

6) I tipped us to go down

7) I got my Palace ticket through the door the other day.

8) Despite all the abuse and a short ban i stand by everything i've said regarding Potter and his tactics.

9) According to one muppet i'm trolling but you know fall well i stand by what i've said. I'm confident of where we are heading.

10) I didn't go today as i'm heading out to Prague later
Well I agree about VAR. It is shite and we need to bin it now.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Yep, very good 2nd half performance. Leicester are probably the 3rd best side in the league, and in great form. Their lethal counter attacking was the difference.

We weren't unlucky, it was a fair result. Although we're improving a lot, we need to accept that it still takes something spectacular to beat the the top 4-6 sides.

Fair assessment and judging on our second half I’d say we are 2-3 players short from being a really good side ourselves

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who do you think we are?

We are still growing as a club. Leicester were Premier League champions just a few years ago, and now one of the favourites to qualify for the Champions League on this.

The fact that we CAN get something from fixtures like this shows how far we've come.

We played really well in the 2nd half and can be proud. Their obvious quality, like you say, levels above (for now) was the difference.

Not sure why you are gloating at those who were optimistic pre-match, when we have every right to be these days.

We can't get something from these matches though. Through their spend on truly top players such as Maddison, Ricardo and Tielemans, they've joined the Chelsea and Citeh mob who simply love playing the Albion. The honesty to our play (I love Potter for doing this, to an extent), makes it a cert that they will win a pure footballing contest.

The only alternatives are CH/Dyche pragmatism, or CP's rope-a-dope counter attack at pace routine, which has given them a stack of famous wins in the last 6.5 seasons (when outclassed). In doing that, CP always leave a small army of players back in defensive position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here