Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I have taken on board what you have said and i don't agree with you. Man management skills ? We have no idea do we ? The players seem happy enough.

On the flip side we have a striker who asked to leave. Duffy who wasn't very happy at being dropped for either Webster or Burn. I can see him handing in a transfer request if it continues. He is to good to be sitting on a bench

The positives are the young players he has given a chance,

At the end of the day it's all about points. Something that we are going to learn the hard way. I have very little faith in Potter and that 2nd goal about sums him up.

Spence, you’ve been asked the question. If you are seriously suggesting Potter should be sacked at this stage of the season then please suggest who we should appoint to replace him.

If you cannot answer this question you are either extremely naive about the business of football or you are simply a troll getting their jollies winding up genuine fans.

So speak up, who replaces Potter?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Vardy is rapid mate...i'm not sure out of our lot , who could keep up with him.

Everyone talking about the pace of Vardy.. yes he is quick, but more so its possibly the most positionally intelligent player I've seen in the Premier League. And thats even harder to defend against. If your legs are slower, then you can compensate tactically. But if you head is ten seconds slower, its very hard to do anything about, which is why Vardy is a world class striker who could score against any opposition.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As others have said, it was quite a sobering lesson today. But it did give a glimpse of the type of team we should aim to become. Leicester were excellent - and will finish top four.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Everybody knew before game Leicester would be most dangerous when we were attacking and at our corners. From the start nothing was done to stop this. Christmas came early for them

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Decent second half really. I think we need more up front to be competing with these top 4 sides.

Potter is building something special here, with some quality recruiting over the next few seasons who knows where it could take us.

Night all, and try not to buy into Spence's nonsense. Don't feed the troll.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Spence doesn't get to me, been on my ignore list for some time.
Got fed up with the constant negativity.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I know we lost to a very slick Leicester side, but we were woeful in the final third, with no one looking as if they wanted to shoot or get the ball into the box. We were lucky not to lose by more, but, on the bright side, we did, at times, look good in the build up.

I thought Leicester’s defending was superb. It’s not entirely Albion’s fault that every attempted through pass seemed to be magnetically attracted to Evans and Soyuncu. I think you have to account for the quality of the opposition. Otherwise, I agree with you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I, and I am sure many other Brighton fans but not Mike Dean noticed that Maddison hasnt stopped diving since being sent off against us last season. He continued to do it yesterday every time he was tackled but never received a yellow card.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Everyone talking about the pace of Vardy.. yes he is quick, but more so its possibly the most positionally intelligent player I've seen in the Premier League. And thats even harder to defend against. If your legs are slower, then you can compensate tactically. But if you head is ten seconds slower, its very hard to do anything about, which is why Vardy is a world class striker who could score against any opposition.

I sit up in the WSU towards the back and centre so have a "nearly TV camera" view. We noticed early on how, despite us playing three centre backs, Vardy was always in space between them. He's rapid but, more importantly, he's quicker over the first five yards than any other striker I know. Hopefully the injured Connelly spent time watching him as I think he could end up the same sort of player.

As for the game it's just one to forget. They had better players all over the pitch. Stronger, faster and better first touch in every single player compared with their direct opponent. We missed Dunk very, very badly but Leicester will beat better sides than us and I think they'll stay top three all season.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I can’t be bothered to read this whole thread, and I’m not sure it would have made much difference (but might), but why was the foul on Maupay not a penalty - looked about the same as the one given. That show pony really is a ****

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I thought the penalty awarded to them was a farce. That said, they are a very good team. Third best in the prem. Very enjoyable to watch play.

boik

I think Leicester's first 11 is the real deal. However, if they lose a few I think they might struggle. Even Foxes fans think their whole game plan fails if Vardy gets injured. To lose to their first choice team is no disgrace. If we could compete with them we'd be in the top 4 probably.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We are going to lose however we play, at least we gave it a go today and last week.

Agree with you apart from this bit. I think it was pretty much proven over the past couple of seasons that in the biggest matches, especially away, a defensive approach just doesn't work as it's all but impossible to keep the score close enough for a final gamble to nick a win. Whereas, with the new tactics, we give ourselves a chance of causing problems and capitalising on the rare occasion the 'big' team is not firing on all cylinders. It's still a very, very long shot to get anything from those matches but I think Potter will achieve more 'against-the-odds' wins than we managed previously.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree with you apart from this bit. I think it was pretty much proven over the past couple of seasons that in the biggest matches, especially away, a defensive approach just doesn't work as it's all but impossible to keep the score close enough for a final gamble to nick a win. Whereas, with the new tactics, we give ourselves a chance of causing problems and capitalising on the rare occasion the 'big' team is not firing on all cylinders. It's still a very, very long shot to get anything from those matches but I think Potter will achieve more 'against-the-odds' wins than we managed previously.

With you 100% but we are leaving ourselves open to a good thumping which will happen much more often than the surprise win. Having said that I prefer this to the safety first attitude which is about keeping the score down and hoping for a breakaway which didn’t work, and made me so pissed off with just about every away performance. I am an “entertain me” fan :shrug:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I, and I am sure many other Brighton fans but not The Complete And Utter Shyster noticed that Maddison hasnt stopped diving since being sent off against us last season. He continued to do it yesterday every time he was tackled but never received a yellow card.

i'm afraid the shyster had his leicester pyjamas in his suitcase on saturday morning when he left home .....he just doesn't like us I'm afraid, although as said before 2-0 was a trifle flattering to us he really made sure we lost .....prick of a thing he is.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I can’t be bothered to read this whole thread, and I’m not sure it would have made much difference (but might), but why was the foul on Maupay not a penalty - looked about the same as the one given. That show pony really is a ****

i think it went to VAR and they didn't give it......shyster was therefore off the hook.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here