Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton hooliwankers

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
HampshireSeagulls said:
Yaay!

So, you're "the Keeper" and nothing gets past you?

Pity you weren't in goal when your Dad was shagging your Mum then. Superb way to win an argument......fool.

Personal attacks at me I can deal with, but that last comment has overstepped the line.

It would also seem that your extreme lack of discipline and self control after being provoked, suggests to me that you are no better that the hooligans themselves.

I would fear for my safety if I were in a pub with you and somebody provoked you into an argument! You are clearly mentally unstable and a danger to society.

You should be locked up!

You fork tounged keyboard hooligan :lolol:

Last edited:

The judge also had to assess the situation as a mass brawl and probable looked at "Riot" legislation to base his/her judgement,

whether someone hit or miss is irrelevant, it is the attempt to cause bodily harm - is the key.

LC

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The Keeper said:
Personal attacks at me I can deal with, but that last comment has overstepped the line.

It would also seem that your extreme lack of discipline and self control after being provoked, suggests to me that you are no better that the hooligans themselves.

I would fear for my safety if I were in a pub with you and somebody provoked you into an argument! You are clearly mentally unstable and a danger to society.

You should be locked up!

You fork tounged keyboard hooligan :lolol:

Thanks for that - and the PM. You remind me of someone on the Palace board who also took massive exception to me mentioning his mum.

Funnily enough I am actually paid to protect the society you live in, and you would not believe the self-discipline and self-control that I have.

As you pay taxes to have me protect you, I will make an exception. You can have a refund and protect yourself.

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
HampshireSeagulls said:
Thanks for that - and the PM. You remind me of someone on the Palace board who also took massive exception to me mentioning his mum.

Funnily enough I am actually paid to protect the society you live in, and you would not believe the self-discipline and self-control that I have.

As you pay taxes to have me protect you, I will make an exception. You can have a refund and protect yourself.

Some self control eh?

You have to resort to offending people and their parents, think before you type next time, as not all people are as lucky as some who enjoy the luxuries of a mum and dad ! :angry:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Cheeky Monkey said:
Have any of them ever seen a BHA game though?

Yes...three of them at least.

Albion Rob

People know the score.

You get stuck in on something like this, you get sent down.

Same with drug dealing.

Most of these people aren't thick and are certainly not blind to the consequences of their action.

As was, I felt a bit inappropriately, put in the thread about the five kids who died at the weekend: You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The Keeper said:
Some self control eh?

You have to resort to offending people and their parents, think before you type next time, as not all people are as lucky as some who enjoy the luxuries of a mum and dad ! :angry:

:jester: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

And your use of the :tosser: smiley is explained how?

Don't come on here, insult people and then start trying to lay down how people should and shouldn't address each other, or where the boundaries lie. If you don't like it, use the on/off button on your computer. You don't have a Mum and Dad - big deal. Other people on here have problems but don't use them as kevlar jackets when they start losing arguments.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did the Leeds fans get anything for their part ion this?

My information was that this was a pre-arranged meet between a set of hooligans intent on having a ruck.

Those leeds fans didnt go to the match...what were they doing down here then?

Dont get me wrong i am in no way condoning what the Brighton fans did, it was disgusting and should not be tolerated in modern society, but as most supporters in football will tell you Leeds have some of the nastiest fans around...ask Bournemouth fans and it does appear that Brighton fans have taken the rap for this.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Got about halfway through this, but the sentances do seem to have a touch of the Hickmott and Last's about it. The sentances do not fit the crime. If this was not football related violence, they would probably have got suspended sentances or very short custodials, but we seem to be going back to the mid 80's version of handing out punishments for football crimes and adding an extra year. Yes they were guilty, but 20 years bird between them for smashing a pub up. It seems a bit steep and a waste of our money.

Smudge7

Nov 5, 2003
Brighton
I know three of the lads and one really well. I play sunday football with him. I know he was wrong to be there but he is a quality kid and will find it really hard spending 18 months in jail. I just think the sentences were really harsh considering it was also he's first affence.

The Leeds fans didn't take photos, obviously! The ones they were in - lying on a floor being hit by a 47 yr old with a chair (hey maybe he needed a sit down after the exertion!) - would only prove they were the victims!!

I personally think the sentences are too long, and how come so many little thuggy chavs (not associated with football) can beat people up and get nothing more than a slapped wrist? It's because footie is involved, that's why.

*NB. Sorry Uncle Buck, just seen your post. Nice to see you agree about the involvement of footie.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Uncle Buck said:
Got about halfway through this, but the sentances do seem to have a touch of the Hickmott and Last's about it. The sentances do not fit the crime. If this was not football related violence, they would probably have got suspended sentances or very short custodials, but we seem to be going back to the mid 80's version of handing out punishments for football crimes and adding an extra year. Yes they were guilty, but 20 years bird between them for smashing a pub up. It seems a bit steep and a waste of our money.

" If you don't want the time, don't do the crime! "

:lolol:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
dave the gaffer said:

My information was that this was a pre-arranged meet between a set of hooligans intent on having a ruck.

The point to all for me is simple. Next time I go to an away game and am treated like pond life by the local Police force or can’t have a beer whilst the game is on is because of people like this. I can have a beer watching racing, Cricket or Rugby but not whilst I’m watching football. Why? Because of the previous violence associated with Beer and Hooligans which stops most Football fans being treated like a civilised human being and instead like a thug. This kind of thing means that this will long continue.

As for the ‘The sentence seems a bit harsh’ brigade. No sympathy. If it makes people engage brain before fist, that can only be a good thing. With CCTV footage available, one would assume that the evidence is there for the jury to see. Secondly, if it was pre-arranged ‘’firm’’ meet up– Surely they would have the common sense not to do this in an area covered by CCTV. Or is it more likely that they were just drunk and wanted a fight?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The sentences reflects the fact that rather than a fight between two people on the heat of the moment this was organised crime by a large group of people which caused huge amounts of damage to some poor buggers pub.

To be honest I couldn't care less if they have been to many games or not just think how you would feel if that was your pub they trashed for cheep thrill?

No doubt they won't serve half of the sentences anyway.

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
HampshireSeagulls said:
:jester: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

And your use of the :tosser: smiley is explained how?

Don't come on here, insult people and then start trying to lay down how people should and shouldn't address each other, or where the boundaries lie. If you don't like it, use the on/off button on your computer. You don't have a Mum and Dad - big deal. Other people on here have problems but don't use them as kevlar jackets when they start losing arguments.

Do you want to dig that hole any deeper for yourself :shootself

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Brovian said:
So they were all 'scum' too were they? Just getting their just desserts?

Not scum, but they all died whilst committing a criminal act. Gues thats unlucky eh!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The Keeper said:
Do you want to dig that hole any deeper for yourself :shootself

You still haven't explained why you feel it is OK for you to call me a wanker, but not for me to insult your lack of parents? How do you know I am not sexually dysfunctional and therefore hurt, not having the luxury of having a wank?

Smudge7 said:
I know three of the lads and one really well. I play sunday football with him. I know he was wrong to be there but he is a quality kid and will find it really hard spending 18 months in jail. I just think the sentences were really harsh considering it was also he's first affence.
You won't be playing sunday football with him for as while,he'll be to busy playing hide the sausage with a 7ft pimp,he'll have a ring piece like a tattered wind sock if an when he gets out.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I dont condone the the actions of these people. However I do have some agreement with the length of time that these people got. compared to people who get 'done' for death by dangerous driving etc etc the immigrant that knocked down the 5 year old in goring got much less than 18 months.

however that is do with our judicial guidelines which is the main problem with sentencing in this country. i can only think that the judge in this case was using the maximum tariff to make an example of these hooligans and use it as a deterrant whether it will make any difference i dont know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here