Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton hooliwankers

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I hope they enjoy their rat mince in Lewes, preferably with rat droppings. The only trouble is that the sentences were too short. The one who threw the chair through the window should have got ten years. In the field I work in, youth crime, I do not take the Daily Mail line, apart from with those who commit violent offences (most young criminals have had no boundaries set or idea of right or wrong given to them throughout their lives), but as far as adults are concerned, who commit deliberate acts of violence such as these, and ought to know the difference between right and wrong, I would come down on them like a ton of bricks.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Cant believe you lot, a good friend of mine got 18 months and all he was charged for was throwing a punch that missed and picking up a chair. People who mug old ladies and rapist get less. Im not saying what he did was right but i feel putting something back in the community would have been more sufficient. And yes he did go to alot of away game with us including Sunderland last year.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
bhafc4eva said:
Cant believe you lot, a good friend of mine got 18 months and all he was charged for was throwing a punch that missed and picking up a chair. People who mug old ladies and rapist get less. Im not saying what he did was right but i feel putting something back in the community would have been more sufficient. And yes he did go to alot of away game with us including Sunderland last year.

Wrong place, wrong time, obvious lack of coordination.

He was involved in violence - he threw a punch, which he obviously wanted to connect, and he picked up a chair - why? Not to take away and sit on for a better view. If he wasn't involved, he should have kept on walking.

The community is better served with him getting his arse trunked in nick. Hopefully he will learn from this rather than scrubbing graffitti off of walls (if he can be bothered to turn up for community service).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhafc4eva said:
Cant believe you lot, a good friend of mine got 18 months and all he was charged for was throwing a punch that missed and picking up a chair.
My heart bleeds. Presumably the judge saw it rather differently. I don't know, maybe he thought that taking part in indiscriminate violence that also resulting in the trashing of a pub warranted more than a slap on the wrist. And he'll be out in 6 months anyway.

bhafc4eva said:
People who mug old ladies and rapist get less.
No I really don't think they do.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
bhafc4eva said:
I'm with you. I know one of the lads quite well and he's a smashing bloke, he's just been made an example of. I know he was in the wrong but I can't join in with all this righteous indignation, he is certainly not 'scum' as some ignorant people on this thread have said.

All the best Lol.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Bit like those kids in St leonards doing something they shouldn't have been if you can't do the time don't do the crime.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
Wrong place, wrong time, obvious lack of coordination.

He was involved in violence - he threw a punch, which he obviously wanted to connect, and he picked up a chair - why? Not to take away and sit on for a better view. If he wasn't involved, he should have kept on walking.

18 months for throwing a punch and picking up a chair doesn't seem at all harsh to you then?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Goring Gull said:
Bit like those kids in St leonards doing something they shouldn't have been if you can't do the time don't do the crime.
I can't believe I've read that. Are you saying those kids deserved to die simply for drinking underage and nicking a car? Since when have those crimes attracted the death penalty?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Brovian said:
I'm with you. I know one of the lads quite well and he's a smashing bloke, he's just been made an example of. I know he was in the wrong but I can't join in with all this righteous indignation, he is certainly not 'scum' as some ignorant people on this thread have said.

All the best Lol.

All of them were smashing blokes. Mainly smashing windows.

You only had to see the prats on the telly last night, threatening the cameraman, wearing crash helmets, total idiots - and most of them were around and above 40 years old FFS! They all did something they shouldn't have, they were too stupid to realise they were on CCTV. Fans and smashing blokes aside, they f***ed up big time and now they pay for it. There was hardly a Leeds hardcore in the pub, they took the argument to people who were not involved, which makes them scum - if this was Palace in court, you wouldn't be quite so defensive I think. Next time a relative or non-hoolie friend of yours is quietly enjoying themselves in a pub, lob a couple of chairs through the window and see how they thank you for it.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
18 months for throwing a punch and picking up a chair doesn't seem at all harsh to you then?

Nope. He was involved in serious public disorder - the fact that he couldn't connect with a punch is neither here nor there - he tried to assault someone. And he picked up a chair for what reason? And was that really all he was charged with? I strongly doubt it, but without access to the court records and charge sheet, I can't tell. 18 months for a "missed slap and moving furniture" would be harsh, but I expect that he did a little more than that and his defender is being economical with the truth.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Goring Gull said:

Bit extreme to push a death sentence for TWOCing and drinking. Again, the passengers should not have got into the vehicle, and he should not have stolen it, but they didn't deserve to die for it. There is a difference between doing the time and dying.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
West Hoathly Seagull said:
The only trouble is that the sentences were too short. The one who threw the chair through the window should have got ten years.

What planet are you from??

10 years for chucking a chair through a window!!!

Yeah real good use of taxpayers money that is.

To bring this into comparison, the story under the one on the BBC web site yesterday was this one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4396308.stm

Now is a bloke who throws a couple of punches and a lightweight chair worthy of the same sentence as a kiddy fiddler???

I think not!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
looney said:
I thought there must be some reason why they are the slime of society and perhaps something can be done. By all means treat them how they have treated other people.

Thread full of Daily Mail readers.

I have never read the Daily Mail in my life!! How dare you:D

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
All of them were smashing blokes. Mainly smashing windows.

You only had to see the prats on the telly last night, threatening the cameraman, wearing crash helmets, total idiots - and most of them were around and above 40 years old FFS! They all did something they shouldn't have, they were too stupid to realise they were on CCTV. Fans and smashing blokes aside, they f***ed up big time and now they pay for it. There was hardly a Leeds hardcore in the pub, they took the argument to people who were not involved, which makes them scum - if this was Palace in court, you wouldn't be quite so defensive I think. Next time a relative or non-hoolie friend of yours is quietly enjoying themselves in a pub, lob a couple of chairs through the window and see how they thank you for it.
Obviously there is a lot of truth in what you say and I'm certainly not taking the "they were just supporting the club in their own way" line which I've noticed is the cyber-hoolie stance to football-related violence. Certainly the older ones deserve it. But the lad I know is not a violent thug who goes round beating up people, smashing up pubs or mugging old ladies on a regular basis. Yes I freely admit my personal feeling are influencing me but I think, knowing the person he is, that he's been very harshly treated. It was a fight in a pub. Big deal. A £50 fine would have been fairer.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
bhafc4eva said:

He was in my town smashing up a pub that i have drunk in occasionally with friends and family. For that he should be put away - I couldn't give a toss if he went to every match home and away for the last 20 years, he is an ignorant twat who should be locked up. :rolleyes:

And if anyone had any doubts, the clips of these wankers at Court yesterday must have proven, even to you, that these tossers should never be allowed to have anything to do with BHAFC again.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Brovian said:
I can't believe I've read that. Are you saying those kids deserved to die simply for drinking underage and nicking a car? Since when have those crimes attracted the death penalty?

Not exactly the death penalty, more like self inflicted suicide.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Who says that's all he did? A mate of his on this board? Call me picky, but I'd rather trust the judgement of a court with the facts to hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here