Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton hooliwankers

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
What about the Pub owner and other's out for a visit to the Laines ?.
I was at Hove yesterday and yes did feel sorry for some of the familey members there, however the idots in the box knew what they had done. It was all pre arranged and a nasty kick back from yester-year.
And just to clear a point on sentancing Mr Nibblett said his hands were tied and he would have given longer sentances if he could have.
So be warned! :angry:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Cheeky Monkey said:
Have any of them ever seen a BHA game though?

yes one of them is a great friend of mine and has spent the majority of his adolescent life supporting the Albion all over. Do you know what he pleaded guilty for?

i doubt it, if you dont know the facts then dont point the finger.

Does anyone not ask the question why the Leeds fans, who by all accounts, started the incident have not been bought to question by the law?

Albion Rob

HampshireSeagulls said:

As you pay taxes to have me protect you, I will make an exception. You can have a refund and protect yourself.

Seriously? If you could do that, that would be great.

Money's a bit tight for the next few months so it would come in handy.

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
HampshireSeagulls said:
You still haven't explained why you feel it is OK for you to call me a wanker, but not for me to insult your lack of parents? How do you know I am not sexually dysfunctional and therefore hurt, not having the luxury of having a wank?

:lolol:

caz99 said:
I dont condone the the actions of these people. However I do have some agreement with the length of time that these people got. compared to people who get 'done' for death by dangerous driving etc etc the immigrant that knocked down the 5 year old in goring got much less than 18 months.

however that is do with our judicial guidelines which is the main problem with sentencing in this country. i can only think that the judge in this case was using the maximum tariff to make an example of these hooligans and use it as a deterrant whether it will make any difference i dont know.
Quite true,the sentance these blokes got was about right,it's the other sentances that amaze me,paedophiles and rapists sometimes get less than 3 years,with the help of a clever lawyer,love him or loathe him(I loathe him) Jeffrey Archer got 4 years for a few porkie pies,I mean all politicians lie!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
fourthteamtillidie said:

Does anyone not ask the question why the Leeds fans, who by all accounts, started the incident have not been bought to question by the law?

Didn't I ask that above?

;)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
HampshireSeagulls said:

Funnily enough I am actually paid to protect the society you live in, and you would not believe the self-discipline and self-control that I have.

I never knew you were a lollipop lady:jester:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
fourthteamtillidie said:
yes one of them is a great friend of mine and has spent the majority of his adolescent life supporting the Albion all over. Do you know what he pleaded guilty for?

i doubt it, if you dont know the facts then dont point the finger.

So tell us why he pleaded guilty then!

Some of the Leeds fans were arrested after the incident, but released on bail - haven't seen them come to court yet. What accounts have you seen that say the Leeds fans started it? There has been no mention of this in any of the online reports - most of them focus on the non-Leeds guys leaving one pub to start attacking another one.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
fourthteamtillidie said:

Perhaps because they weren't stupid enough to take pictures of it then send it to the local boots to get developed or what ever the Brighton fans did.

I'm sure the people involved were well know by Sussex police as well.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Albion Rob said:
Seriously? If you could do that, that would be great.

Money's a bit tight for the next few months so it would come in handy.

No probs, write to Tony Blair, c/o 10 Downing Street, and tell him you don't need the protection of the Armed Forces for the next couple of months. Drop in a few references to illegal wars, how the Armed Forces don't actually like Tony Blair or George Bush, and you should get a cheque back pretty quickly.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
El Presidente said:
I never knew you were a lollipop lady:jester:

One of Her Majesty's finest. Fully trained in both the yellow and the orange signs, and I've recently completed the advanced "crossing in twilight" course.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
dave the gaffer said:
Didn't I ask that above?

;)

Probably, just a little emotional at the thought of someone i know and trust being treated a little bit like a scapgoat for societies shortcomings in general.

Whilst i dont claim to know much about the others involved all available evidence, both impartial and objective points to his sentence being overly harsh, and a scapegoat and example made of him.

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
fourthteamtillidie said:
Probably, just a little emotional at the thought of someone i know and trust being treated a little bit like a scapgoat for societies shortcomings in general.

Whilst i dont claim to know much about the others involved all available evidence, both impartial and objective points to his sentence being overly harsh, and a scapegoat and example made of him.

I don't doubt that they have been made examples of. If the CCTV evidence catches them at the scene, and they are seen to be fully involved, then they are kind of stuffed. The punishment of the group, rather than for individual involvement, will increase the harshness of sentence - he made the mistake of being there, and not walking away.

The police and courts have regular crack downs on football hooligans, but seem unable to enforce proper sentences on the other dregs of society - this may be what makes their sentences seem unfairly long. I don't think that their sentences actually are over-long, just that other sentences for other crimes are not long enough.

If he has just cause, then he should be appealing against the severity of the sentence - and any solicitor worth his £300 an hour would be advising him of that.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
HampshireSeagulls said:

Some of the Leeds fans were arrested after the incident, but released on bail - haven't seen them come to court yet. What accounts have you seen that say the Leeds fans started it? There has been no mention of this in any of the online reports - most of them focus on the non-Leeds guys leaving one pub to start attacking another one.

The two who were bailed have been NFA'd.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
HampshireSeagulls said:

He pleaded guilty as an acceptance of what he had done wrong- to take into account that whilst this doesnt atone for what he did wrong, it surely goes some way to be treated better than those that pleaded not guilty at all......

there is no answer to this endless arguement- as someone who knows his character, i would say that he got caught up in something he didnt want to be in but as loyal friend stayed.

That is all im going to say and those of you that want to speak ill of him would do well to remember that some of us would stay true to a friend no matter what. In this day and age and the way society is turning a quality that is not exactly in abundance.

Albion Rob

HampshireSeagulls said:
No probs, write to Tony Blair, c/o 10 Downing Street, and tell him you don't need the protection of the Armed Forces for the next couple of months. Drop in a few references to illegal wars, how the Armed Forces don't actually like Tony Blair or George Bush, and you should get a cheque back pretty quickly.

Cheers, I'll put a pint behind the bar for you when the cheque arrives.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
fourthteamtillidie said:
He pleaded guilty as an acceptance of what he had done wrong- to take into account that whilst this doesnt atone for what he did wrong, it surely goes some way to be treated better than those that pleaded not guilty at all......

there is no answer to this endless arguement- as someone who knows his character, i would say that he got caught up in something he didnt want to be in but as loyal friend stayed.

That is all im going to say and those of you that want to speak ill of him would do well to remember that some of us would stay true to a friend no matter what. In this day and age and the way society is turning a quality that is not exactly in abundance.

If he pleaded guilty from the off, then he should have had that taken into consideration for sentencing, and those that didn't should have been hit harder.

Well done for sticking by, and sticking up for, a mate, I know from experience that it's not always easy to do.:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here