Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton hooliwankers

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
edna krabappel said:
I think the point with the sentences is that it was pre-organised, it was a group of people who went out with a specific intent to cause trouble, start a fight and do some damage. The idea is to deter people from organised violence.

Yes, you see fights on West Street each weekend, but they're almost without exception spontaneous outbreaks caused by drunken chavs spilling each other's pints, and are broken up in seconds.

The Pumphouse was an organised job, where people went to that location with an intention of causing mayhem.

Fine, if the planks want a ruck, let them.

But I don't see why the normal, civilised population of Brighton (or anywhere else) should have to put up with a bunch of pathetic, largely middle aged men acting out their childhood fantasies, not if it involves other people's property and lives.

The Pumphouse is someone's livelihood, as are all the other businesses in Brighton Square. People were out for the evening trying to enjoy themselves, including families with kids.

That evening was ruined because a bunch of single cell amoebas like these guys were intent on violence, I'm sorry but I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for the thugs that caused it.

The purpose of sentences like they got is to deter the pond life from future incidents like this.

(The sentences handed out to child molesters are neither here nor there, we all know they should be much harsher. But that's irrelevant to this case. )

:clap2: :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Keeper said:
And they once gave Richard Tiltman a man of the match :lolol:

Richard Tiltman once WAS man of the match, away to Barnsley. He scored with a 25 yard screamer and also hit the woodwork.

After that he returned to being bobbins.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think he could ever have been described as bobbins.....absolute pants and a disgrace to the name of football perhaps, but Bobbins is a tad harsh

:lolol: :p :p :p

fourthteamtillidie said:
He pleaded guilty as an acceptance of what he had done wrong- to take into account that whilst this doesnt atone for what he did wrong, it surely goes some way to be treated better than those that pleaded not guilty at all......

there is no answer to this endless arguement- as someone who knows his character, i would say that he got caught up in something he didnt want to be in but as loyal friend stayed.

That is all im going to say and those of you that want to speak ill of him would do well to remember that some of us would stay true to a friend no matter what. In this day and age and the way society is turning a quality that is not exactly in abundance.

Life is full of moral choices, your mate made a wrong one and has to pay the price of what, with remission, might not even end up a year in jail for terrorising innoncent people that night.

The view that extra years has been added to their sentence because of football is paranoid rubbish, as Edna suggests it is the conspiracy element that aggravated their violence. Aggravated circumstances gets you extra time, that's the law. If they did it for football hoolie reasons, or because of a fued over something else, would make bugger all difference - the planning and conspiracy element gets you hammered in so many parts of the law, which rightfully penalises malice aforethought far more heavily than an accidental chain of circumstances leading to violence.

I'm delighted that these sentences have got front-page headlines in the Argus because hopefully many other people, many other young impressionable people like fourthteamtillidie's mate, will now realise what happens when you make these choices in life. If you make them, don't whinge about the consequences. And if you're a real mate of someone, you stop them doing this shit rather than egging them on.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
London Irish said:

hopefully many other people like fourthteamtillidie's mate will now realise what happens when you make these choices in life. If you make them, don't whinge about the consequences.

But you choose the Albion and all you seem to do is whinge about them??? :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
lander14 said:
would any1 actually say all of this stuff to his face?
Since he sounds like the sort of dildo who'd smash a glass in your face for calling his pint a lezza, I'd say probably not.

Which isn't the point anyway.

Last edited:

B.M.F said:
But you choose the Albion and all you seem to do is whinge about them??? :lolol:

That f***ing Oatway and McCammon :angry: :angry: :angry:

Eh, I think I've been fitted up here :) ??? :) ??? :) ???

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Eddie the Seagull said:
I did hear that Falmer residents; Mr & Mrs Smythe-Smith were charged & sentenced to 12 hours Community Service for shooting a ducks head off.

It was later revealed that, it was, in fact, a MKII Ford Capri back-firing.

In his defence, Mr Smythe-Smith said;"I got worried when the guy said 'We're the Sweeney, get your knickers off, we're leaving' so I shot the ducks head clean off"

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I haven't seen anything so funny on the board as this post since Kev's trip to Falmer. (Don't start me off Buzz)

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Simster said:
Since he sounds like the sort of dildo who'd smash a glass in your face for calling your pint a lezza, I'd say probably not.

Which isn't the point anyway.

well it kind of is because if u cant say it to there faces why say it on here?:p

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
lander14 said:
well it kind of is because if u cant say it to there faces why say it on here?:p
Sorry, I don't see the problem. What are you saying? That these thugs have the right to be able to hit you if you say something they don't like?

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
no but if u cant say it to there faces dont rly need to say it on here, cos i no that i wudnt wna say it to there faces so therefore not saying a thing about them, if they want to fight let them, unless they start on the normal fans, let them be

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I would, but then again I don't really see the point - these guys must know they were in the wrong, we are trying to disassociate from them as football fans - all they will do is feel isolated and will react in the way that we have seen from the CCTV footage.

And let's be honest, most of these guys are probably not thugs on their own, it's a pack mentality thing - booze, a group, and some lairy 50 year old building them up with his bullshit tales of when he ran the Palace in Croydon, just him against "farsands of 'em". Or was that Zulu?

Unless someone can get me a visitors pass!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
lander14 said:
no but if u cant say it to there faces dont rly need to say it on here, cos i no that i wudnt wna say it to there faces so therefore not saying a thing about them, if they want to fight let them, unless they start on the normal fans, let them be
And that is the point. They smashed up someone elses pub, and could easily have affected innocent bystanders. That is what most of us object to I think.

If they arranged to meet up in a field somewhere, then I wouldn't care less. Edna's post sums up my feelings perfectly.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
lander14 said:

You are kind of missing the point here - the pub they attacked was not a Leeds hardcore pub - it was a normal pub with normal people and Leeds fans in it - they took the fight to people that had no attachment to their little game.

Do they get internet access in the nick?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
lander14 said:

Sorry to sound churlish but you will get a lot better response on here if you avoid text speak and include the odd Capital letter and some occasional punctuation. ( Yes I know I'm an old git)

lander14 said:

They smashed up a popular Saturday night pub full of innocent people and bar staff. Shall we let them be then? :jester:

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
HampshireSeagulls said:
You are kind of missing the point here - the pub they attacked was not a Leeds hardcore pub - it was a normal pub with normal people and Leeds fans in it - they took the fight to people that had no attachment to their little game.

Do they get internet access in the nick?

I agree that smashing up the pub was totally out of order, and that if they want to have a fight in a field then let them be, but you still wouldn't say it to there faces

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pre-organised is the key word here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here