Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton hooliwankers

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
El Presidente said:
It's all very well calling them names, but they only pick fights with other hoolies, and spend the rest of their time helping old ladies cross the road, healing the sick and raising money for guide dogs for the bling.

ain't that the truth.....gawd bless 'em :sniff:

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Rob, if it had happened in Moulscomb it would probably have gone unreported.

These sorts of events used to happen in the town almost every saturday night in the 80's. Binge drinking wasn't a political issue then of course. Being of that age I have witnessed huge fights in West Street and surrounding areas, usually from the safety of the Chip Shop

I'm sure that a similar stag do type event would have made the Argus, but a half page, strict reporting of the facts not the media induced hype. With the 'so called' football fans type hysteria and pages and pages of coverage with photo's on the front page etc.

Meridian coverage? Not a chance, unless the Stag do was from Southampton of course :lolol:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The Keeper said:
Please tell me why they came to Brighton without tickets?

Have any of them ever been involved in trouble before?

You'd be hard pressed to find a Leeds fan that hasn't been in trouble ;-)

Seriously, I couldn't tell you. I stand on the Kop beside one of their sisters, that's the only reason I know they are st holders. But we have a core of fans who travel without tickets to every game.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The difference between this and a 'normal' drunken punch up is they went out in a large group and planned to do it.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Easy nicking by a lazy police force, community service and hefty fines. Some fat arsed detectives have been following this one up for a whole year what a waste. How about catching the real filth out there, no football has always been a high profile easy target.:censored:

Infernal Optimist said:
Harsh and typical of an establishment that treats crime against property more seriously than crimes against people.

:lolol:

You really mean that don't you :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
sten said:
Easy nicking by a lazy police force, community service and hefty fines. Some fat arsed detectives have been following this one up for a whole year what a waste. How about catching the real filth out there, no football has always been a high profile easy target.:censored:

Real filth? I would classify them as real filth, but I suppose that is just my opinion.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
London Irish said:

You really mean that don't you :lolol:

Absolutely, the evidence is overwhelming. I would refer you to whatever local paper you receive look at the various punishments meeted out and see if you can find a pattern. If the middle classes are likely to commit the crime the punishments are less. Fraud, driving offences, some sexual offences, violence in relationships, Insider trading.

What about thuggery by pro-hunting groups outside of parliament, before the Hunting Ban? Lots and lots of video of farmers attacking the police never mind the public. Any convictions? Dawn Raids? Long prison sentences?

Poll tax riots? 10 years later they are still charging people. Coincidence? or policy?

Remember that it is all tracable back to 'Common Law' Which was all about keeping the peasants in their place...

As a fully paid up peasant, I'm sick of it myself :lolol:

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perhaps "middle class" persons dont go to a pub looking for trouble like that and hang around with those sort of people, and hence didnt have the opportunity to get involved. :lolol:

Do we still have classes? You could well say that there is an underclass, but that is all I think.

To turn it into a class war is a bit far fetched!

Common law applied to commoners, as they were the only class apart fropm the nobility

Last edited:

Infernal Optimist said:
Absolutely, the evidence is overwhelming. I would refer you to whatever local paper you receive look at the various punishments meeted out and see if you can find a pattern. If the middle classes are likely to commit the crime the punishments are less. Fraud, driving offences, some sexual offences, violence in relationships, Insider trading.

What about thuggery by pro-hunting groups outside of parliament, before the Hunting Ban? Lots and lots of video of farmers attacking the police never mind the public. Any convictions? Dawn Raids? Long prison sentences?

Poll tax riots? 10 years later they are still charging people. Coincidence? or policy?

Remember that it is all tracable back to 'Common Law' Which was all about keeping the peasants in their place...

As a fully paid up peasant, I'm sick of it myself :lolol:

Not surprisingly, I would agree with the gist of your comments here. But my earlier amusement was your characterisation of hoolie violence as crimes against property rather than people. Alas, it's the other way round, with in this instance pub property merely being the innocent bystander in the attack on other people.

As for making some kind of working-class heroes out of these lumpenproletariat hoolie fuckwits, I reckon Marx would have taken a very dim view of that :D

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
I suspect that Karl would not of approved

It wasn't my intention to make heroes of anyone, just to point out that the sentences were a bit harsh and they made quite a bit of capital out of the damage, as more by luck than judgement nobody was actually hurt.

This wasn't intended to be a political rant but I was trying to point out the injustices of the system.

Now after 3 'Well keep the red flag flying...'

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Infernal Optimist said:
I suspect that Karl would not of approved

It wasn't my intention to make heroes of anyone, just to point out that the sentences were a bit harsh and they made quite a bit of capital out of the damage, as more by luck than judgement nobody was actually hurt.

This wasn't intended to be a political rant but I was trying to point out the injustices of the system.

Now after 3 'Well keep the red flag flying...'

Just wondering, what you thought would be an acceptable to sentence to the convicts...

and how do you know they made quite a lot of capital out of the damage?

Not attacking, just wondering

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Caveman said:
Made to pay for the damage for starters out of there pockets. Then community services for maybe a year and banning orders?

Make them pay for the damage, not the tax payers??

My sentiments exactly, without being accused of being a Daily Mail reader.

Make them pay, make them do it themselves as well, so people can see that they are the people that behaved in a sub-human way.

Although I would say a jail term is necessary. You have intent if you are hitting someone over the head with a metal bar. You need to be taught a lesson before you kill someone.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Someone could have died in that pub. Pre arranged risk of life should not be sentenced to a few hours painting or picking litter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here