Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans at Charlton

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Funny how that Charlton bus from Brighton they organised when they were in the prem seems to have died a death.

Firstly, we actually started running them in the mid 80s to get people to Selhurst when we played there and then continued it when we returned to The Valley, it was originally run by the Supporters Club, but the club itself took over when our Supporters Club closed down (due to in-fighting). They are still going strong and run to every home game with pick-ups from around 70 towns in Kent, Sussex (Worthing, Lancing, Brighton, Crawley, Eastbourne, Hastings, Battle, Ore, Hailsham and Bexhill) and Surrey. £7 return. Let me know if you need more details.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Cor blimey ! That's a couple of hundred more than tinpotpalace took there earlier in the season - and they could walk there and back.:lolol:

In Palace's defence (something I never thought I'd write) that game was a Friday night live on Sky.

Brighton following yesterday is I believe the largest away following at the Valley in almost three years (since Millwall in Dec '09).

In Palace's defence (something I never thought I'd write) that game was a Friday night live on Sky.

Brighton following yesterday is I believe the largest away following at the Valley in almost three years (since Millwall in Dec '09).

Sorry I didn't realise that Friday nights made the distance between the two greater:thumbsup:

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Considering we'd had Palace just the week before that makes that turnout even more impressive.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Love the Valley,great day out,didn't think we were as loud as 2 years ago.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Charlton Stewards !!
Oh is that what they were called ..
Useless bunch of moronic fuckwits that didn't have a clue, they couldn't steward a kids creche !
Utter tossers !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You to ugly to be gay:safeway::safeway::safeway::safeway::jester:
It is a favourite of mine, does make me laugh every time, well at least the subsequent response does.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Charlton Stewards !!
Oh is that what they were called ..
Useless bunch of moronic fuckwits that didn't have a clue, they couldn't steward a kids creche !
Utter tossers !

The same Charlton stewards that let everyone stand up all game and even let those have a smoke at half-time.

Think we need a bit more info here Baz, as the stewards yesterday were arguably the best I've ever seen.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
The same Charlton stewards that let everyone stand up all game and even let those have a smoke at half-time.

Think we need a bit more info here Baz, as the stewards yesterday were arguably the best I've ever seen.

The only reason everyone was standing up mate was because Charlton had sold too many tickets why else would the aisles be completely rammed so you couldn't get in or out then ???
They were bloody useless

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Good day out yesterday and home by 7.00 p.m.
Thought Charlton fans were quietest I have witnessed for ages. No real banter or chanting. As for the £5 programme- bet they had plenty of those unsold. O.k. - It was a celebratory edition but even so.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Have to agree. They seemed pretty decent- bound to be a bit of congestion which was due to the narrow exits/ and that our section was sold out

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The only reason everyone was standing up mate was because Charlton had sold too many tickets why else would the aisles be completely rammed so you couldn't get in or out then ???
They were bloody useless

How is it the stewards fault that the club sold too many tickets,did a fantastic job imo,ours could learn a thing or two from them:albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I noticed when I went into the ground there was a ticket booth open so could you actually pay on the day ?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The met police were so much better than last week...left after the final whistle, casually walked to the station, and was back in the pub at London Bridge by 5:20, very civilised!....Palace & Millwall need to take note (both terrible post-match)

100% this

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Maybe my match day experience was different to others but IMHO they were the worst away stewards ever !!

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Police were very helpful, polite and courteous no problems with them just the stewards

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I was at Charlton for the 0-4 a couple of seasons back wanted to go again this time but had to work very friendly place as I recall and yes the steps were chocca last time too but I got the impression this was people who had restricted views trying to get a better one.

Hopefully see you next Saturday Baz I should, weather permitting :) be making the journey from the Midlands to take up my North Stand seat with Pete again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here