Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans at Charlton

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only reason everyone was standing up mate was because Charlton had sold too many tickets why else would the aisles be completely rammed so you couldn't get in or out then ???
They were bloody useless

I really do doubt very much more tickets than seats were sold, are you sure you really were a Head Steward once or was it a dream ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I noticed when I went into the ground there was a ticket booth open so could you actually pay on the day ?

I saw that too, very surprising. I can't imagine that they sold any tickets, surely everyone who came from Brighton had one already, being as we were told that it sold out ages ago?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I noticed when I went into the ground there was a ticket booth open so could you actually pay on the day ?

Yep, saw that too. Cash only it said but I didn't see anyone buying, perhaps because this time everyone was convinced it really was a sell out and they'd definitely be no POTG?

To add to the thread. What's not to like about Charlton? I can't find anything personally. A great day out as ever.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Made me long to be in the comfort of the Amex at halftime. Only someone of 4ft 6 or shorter could sit comfortably in those seats. I was spread eagle for the sitdown spell, and not for the first time.
Still, a nice enough place with no noticeable bother and some hearty enough singing throughout. And the transport was ace. I was home by 6.15.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I didn't go yesterday but I went to the 2-1 and 4-0 and them couple of times I thought it was a really decent day out. Stewards then seemed fine, transport was good and obviously we came away with 3 points on both of them occasions so it made the day better.

Charlton IMO is a great day out.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yep, saw that too. Cash only it said but I didn't see anyone buying, perhaps because this time everyone was convinced it really was a sell out and they'd definitely be no POTG?

To add to the thread. What's not to like about Charlton? I can't find anything personally. A great day out as ever.

I love going to Charlton. The stadium's great, they've got a good, solid fan base, who seem like a decent bunch. They've been through the wringer, and they've come out stronger on the other side.

Having Palace and Charlton in successive weekends, in that order was brilliant. A truly shitty away day instantly made up for by one of the best. Very therapeutic.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Really enjoyed the game and we made a great noise. Echo sentiments about the CXharlton fans, decent but quiet.

However, I was in an aisle seat and the aisle next to me was rammed with people and it was very difficult for anyone to get in or out, especially small kids. When Macca scored fast food went flying. All part of the stand-up fun at one level but I would not have wanted to try and get out in an emergency. And not a steward to be seen, they were all stood around elsewhere doing nothing. Given that the control box must have known this from the CCTV, they really should have got some stewards in there at HT (when things cleared) to keep the aisles clear. As it was, it was rammed again for the 2nd half.

PG

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I love going to Charlton. The stadium's great, they've got a good, solid fan base, who seem like a decent bunch. They've been through the wringer, and they've come out stronger on the other side.

Having Palace and Charlton in successive weekends, in that order was brilliant. A truly shitty away day instantly made up for by one of the best. Very therapeutic.

Agreed.

I'll not be wearing my Lidl blue & black fleece, that I picked up at a bargain price when rummaging amongst their last cycling special, to a train station again. Waiting at London Bridge station for the train to Charlton I was asked by two different women within minutes of each other if they were on the right platform. One was going to Blackheath, the other to Abbey Wood. Any dillusions I had about being approached by women for help were soon dispelled when I finally realised the fleece colours had probably mistakenly marked me out as a Southeastern Railways Employee :facepalm: Bloody cycling geeks and their tips! :lolol:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I really enjoyed yesterday, a great day out, its up there on my list of "must go" away days, along with nottingham, which itself too, is a great city,

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I really do doubt very much more tickets than seats were sold, are you sure you really were a Head Steward once or was it a dream ?

And you have just proved my shit post quote !!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And you have just proved my shit post quote !!

I haven't actually in any way just totally disproved your theory which is totally untrue.

If you are that convinced you are telling the truth why not use the ask the club facility to see if you are actually right about your theory.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Made me long to be in the comfort of the Amex at halftime. Only someone of 4ft 6 or shorter could sit comfortably in those seats. I was spread eagle for the sitdown spell, and not for the first time.

I know! If those are the seats in the home end then that is a nightmare! It was a real squeeze to sit down at halftime!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I saw that too, very surprising. I can't imagine that they sold any tickets, surely everyone who came from Brighton had one already, being as we were told that it sold out ages ago?

They were probably open for fans whos tickets were not delivered could be wrong though

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I know! If those are the seats in the home end then that is a nightmare! It was a real squeeze to sit down at halftime!

I've been in the home end, I can assure you, they're not like that at all!

Fantastic transport away from the ground, train waiting at the station when I got there and a massive train which probably got everyone on it!

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
OHHHHHHHHHH this and soo much more!!! best awyt game this season, the Albion could learn a lot from the rail journy too x

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
What's not to like about Charlton? I can't find anything personally.

I can't either, a great family friendly club with a particularly low quotient of moronic thugs, love the way they have overcome immense difficulties and sit proudly in a cracking ground.

For some unfathomable reason though they see fit to vent enormous spleen upon us when our main crime seems to have been to help them when they were homeless. Go figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here