Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans at Charlton

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Had some complete wanker parking steward tell us to park the mini bus on the road outside the entrance. We were just lucky to have someone who knew us walk passed as the bus was about to towed away...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
addicks6s.jpg

Pinched from a Charlton Forum

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I can't either, a great family friendly club with a particularly low quotient of moronic thugs, love the way they have overcome immense difficulties and sit proudly in a cracking ground.

For some unfathomable reason though they see fit to vent enormous spleen upon us when our main crime seems to have been to help them when they were homeless. Go figure.
Yeah strange isn't it.....you being such a great bunch of lads an all.

:rolleyes:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Got so much time for Charlton. Sat in the home end with some Charlton supporting family (top tier of end opposite the albion fans) and on the whole they're a genuine bunch who love their footy, heard so many comments along the lines of 'Brighton are a good side, they like to get the ball down and play' and 'God, that number 12 is all over the place!' etc etc No moronic goading of away fans (bar one, very short 'does your boyfriend know you're here) and they absolutely loved the palace banter. 10/10!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I always enjoy going to The Valley. Great occassion for it to with the 20th anniversary and that!

Loved Powell panicking when we had a free-kick inside the 7th minute :lolol:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I really do doubt very much more tickets than seats were sold

There were loads of seats double sold. That's why a lot of people were having to stand on the steps.
I'd ordered and paid for 6 when they first went on sale and only 4 arrived in the post. The club told me they send a list of people with missing tickets up to Charlton and we collect them on the day.

But guess what? I wasn't on the list and first of all, the guy said I wouldn't be able to get in. I kicked up a bit of a fuss and he ended up speaking to his supervisor and I had to pay cash for 2 more tickets.

When we got into the stand, two of our group went to the seats I'd just been sold and guess what...... there were 2 guys sitting in the seats I should have had originally.

The Albion had cocked up with the tickets and double sold mine. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one it happened to.

Now I've got the added hassle of having to get to the Amex to try to get my money back. That'll be fun!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Charlton stewards admitted their club had oversold the tickets, which was why the wheelchair supporters were moved down to the track and the netting left up to protect them. I thought the stewards were friendly and helpful.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
There was one Albion fan who, despite a clear and friendly explanation from a steward about the net and the disabled fans, threatened to complain to the club if the net wasn't taken down.

The Charlton stewards were excellent given the overcrowding. However, if tickets were double sold I think Charlton should offer a refund to the disabled fans who, having bought disabled seating in the centre of the stand, were forced to watch at pitch level through a net.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
The trains out of there were ridiculous, 10 coach trains going every 3 minutes.

Charlton are missing a trick, they should make it horrible to get away and then people would stay in the stadium and buy more refreshments. :p There was pratically no-one leaving early to avoid any queues!!!

Going home to Surrey, i was actually back at Selhurst before we got on a train last week.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A big :facepalm: to all those saying how our club could learn from the train services - you do realise Charlton is in London with a massive transfer network whereas we don't even have platforms able to take 8 car trains

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ady and I were in the Press Box for Saturday's game, so had to watch it fairly dispassionately which is a slightly weird feeling.

It might just be the acoustics of the away stand, but there were times when Charlton fans made a noise - including two renditions of 'Does Your Boyfriend Know You're Here?', which was nice.

One thing I would say about them from where we were sitting - they were not happy with the ref. It might have been frustration on their part, but they were convinced they should have had about three penalties (mostly because a Charlton player fell over in the box).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I did think generally that the ref was giving pretty much all 50-50s our way. We had very little to complain about.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The queue for beer at half time was just a mess......

I will never again have a moan up about getting to the lav & getting a beer at our beloved AMEX. Jeez! at halftime it took me ten minutes just to get outside/up the stairs/ then another five to relieve myself of the four pints I had consumed at the Kings Head at London Bridge! It then took another five minutes to get back, right on kick off! Don't get me wrong, it was a great day, and I know the away stand is the original, but we are a million miles away from Palace & Charlton with our ground. :thumbsup:

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I will never again have a moan up about getting to the lav & getting a beer at our beloved AMEX. Jeez! at halftime it took me ten minutes just to get outside/up the stairs/ then another five to relieve myself of the four pints I had consumed at the Kings Head at London Bridge! It then took another five minutes to get back, right on kick off! Don't get me wrong, it was a great day, and I know the away stand is the original, but we are a million miles away from Palace & Charlton with our ground. :thumbsup:

The queue for beer at half time was just a mess......

This, and that...

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
Had some complete wanker parking steward tell us to park the mini bus on the road outside the entrance. We were just lucky to have someone who knew us walk passed as the bus was about to towed away...

Yeah, saw the police and tow truck while having some lovely chips and battered sausage and curry sauce outside the chippy. Couple of girls screaming down the phone to get you to move it before the busies towed it away! I have to say both the police and the parking gimps seemed fairly relaxed about the whole thing.

I then wandered into the ground and couldn't help thinking the Charlton stewards reminded me of a Village People tribute group as they were spread across the entrance and frisked some of our fans. They didn't frisk me! I don't know if I should be happy or sad?

UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here