Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans at Charlton

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The met police were so much better than last week...left after the final whistle, casually walked to the station, and was back in the pub at London Bridge by 5:20, very civilised!....Palace & Millwall need to take note (both terrible post-match)

Can't agree with that, it was complete overkill. Hundreds of them. There Will only be a couple of sussex plod at the return fixture.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Horses scare me anyway, they're massive, put a policeman on one and I'm terrified and possibly the best behaved football fan you'll ever meet when I see one, no matter how drunk I am:blush:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Didn't see any problems with the Police or stewards. I've always liked Charlton and as mentioned before, given our recent histories we do both have a connection of sorts. Back to London Bridge by 5:20 and was back in HH by 6:10. Marvellous.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Spoke to a Charlton STH , said we were the best fans he has heard in a long time. Also said the 'we are Brighton' chant was particularly loud.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
3 The Valley is a lovely ground these days – and I remember it when it could hold 80,000 on its enormous terraces. Having been superbly modernised, it still retains that authentic, four-stands feel, capable of producing great atmosphere. Thinking about it, a perfect model for imaginative redevelopment of Selhurst Park?

I grew up with stories of The Valley from my Dad who's a Charlton fan. Used to be biggest club in London apparently.

In fact The old Woolwich Arsenal team had to move north to find some support. Hence 'The Gunners!'

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
3,358 there yesterday. Biggest away league following for a long long time at the Valley.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
7f89b936415f11e282e122000a1f9aae_7.jpg

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
3,358 there yesterday. Biggest away league following for a long long time at the Valley.

Think thats our biggest away league support for a while too - when did we get numbers like that last ? What did we take to Walsall in our L1 winning season ? Know it was a lot.

The 6k we took to Liverpool doesnt count as thats a cup game.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Think thats our biggest away league support for a while too - when did we get numbers like that last ? What did we take to Walsall in our L1 winning season ? Know it was a lot.

The 6k we took to Liverpool doesnt count as thats a cup game.

Walsall was around 3,000 I believe. 2,000 behind the goal and 1,000 down the side. Highest away Albion league following I've been in is when we had 4,500 at Peterborough (more than half the attendance) in 2001.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Funny how that Charlton bus from Brighton they organised when they were in the prem seems to have died a death.

Cor blimey ! That's a couple of hundred more than tinpotpalace took there earlier in the season - and they could walk there and back.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here