Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby coming back?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
I'd love it to be true, but somehow doubt I'll ever see bobbyz back in an albion shirt :(
I doubt it too, mainly because we wear Huddersfield Town shirts now. :(

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
I'd love it to be true, but somehow doubt I'll ever see bobbyz back in an albion shirt :(

zamora.jpg

YOU JUUUSSSTTT DID! :drink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Trigger said:
That's Frankenstein in a Huddersfield shirt...

No, it's Frankenstein's monster in a Huddersfield shirt (can I join TLO's pedantry clique?).

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
BensGrandad said:
He apparently still lives in Burgess Hill and takes his dog out for a walk with Bob Booker.

No he doesn't, my dad lives round the corner from the former Zamora residence, and he's sold up. Him and Watto were regular visitors to the local tesco's.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Um i am sure i saw him yesterday driving in Eastbourne. Maybe he was visting Percy?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Fourteenth Eye said:
I believe the number 25 shirt is still available :clap: :clap:

I noticed that. All numbers taken up to 33 EXCEPT 13 and 25.

Anyway isn't it fairly standard for clubs to loan players but to specify that they are NOT TO PLAY AGAINST the club who loaned them out.

As we are never going to be challenging at the top, wouln't it make sense for West Ham to save a few quid AND increase the chances of us taking a few points off other clubs?

They have plenty of strikers, can get BZ back at any time and it might help increase his confidence again.

Makes good sense to me.

Bobby - come back!!!!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If he is coming can it happen before Saturday please, as someone to score a goal would be useful!

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Not a word about this on any of the West Ham boards. I have managed to find out that most West Ham fans think Zamora is shit.

Ingrates.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I cannot see it. Why wouldnt they just offload him

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
What has been clear since BZ left is what we already knew - when he was in our team and we creatd loads of chances he scored loads of goals and missed many more. When he played for us in DIV 1 he looked much less impressive, he looked even worse in the Premiership and not great with West Ham, simply because in Prem and Div 1 you need to score a higher % of your chances as you don't get as many. BZ has not increased that % and needs to work very hard to do so - he must forget the hype of him being the next England U21 star and get down to earth and work on his touch and form.

He is and always will be a great talent, but that talent is still raw in places and needs to be better now given that the years are going on.

If his attitude is right and he has realised that he needs to work hard and develop his game he can be a major benefit to us and I really hope he comes back with these views this season.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
IMHO regardless of which club signs a player, Alan Smith to Man Utd (Leeds biggest rival), if that lad gets goals it won't matter.

So if Zamora goes to Reading and he gets goals then yes he'll be accepted!

:clap2:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
clapham_gull said:
Irrespective of his talent - would he accepted by Reading Fans ?

1) Of course, he's a good player ain't he?

2) More importantly, why would he come here, we (a) can't afford him, and (b) don't even need him with 5 centre forwards at the club all of Div 1 quality!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here