Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby coming back?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
fleet said:
What has been clear since BZ left is what we already knew - when he was in our team and we creatd loads of chances he scored loads of goals and missed many more. When he played for us in DIV 1 he looked much less impressive, he looked even worse in the Premiership and not great with West Ham, simply because in Prem and Div 1 you need to score a higher % of your chances as you don't get as many. BZ has not increased that % and needs to work very hard to do so - he must forget the hype of him being the next England U21 star and get down to earth and work on his touch and form.

The magic words are "We created loads of chances" we need the people to create those chances before we need another striker. After Tuesdays game when I can only remember one shot on target, we could have the best striker in the league but if the service isn't there he ain't gonna score

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Wilts said:
1) Of course, he's a good player ain't he?

2) More importantly, why would he come here, we (a) can't afford him, and (b) don't even need him with 5 centre forwards at the club all of Div 1 quality!

Probably because he is a lot better than your Div 1 quality forwards..just a thought.
In addition he linked up well with Brooker.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
gazwag said:
The magic words are "We created loads of chances" we need the people to create those chances before we need another striker. After Tuesdays game when I can only remember one shot on target, we could have the best striker in the league but if the service isn't there he ain't gonna score

Agree - without a midfield to provide there is no chance. But it is also true that BZ was very strong at holding the ball with his back to goal as a way out of defence, then laying it back to the midfield as they started to comne out - I think this was his most important contribution at times and we need that very much now.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
gazwag - totally agree.
We need to sort the creative side of the team out, whist we're at it the defence has leaked 5 in two games, apart from that we're laughing

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Perry Milkins said:
Probably because he is a lot better than your Div 1 quality forwards..just a thought.

He links up well with a player who is 3rd in the pecking order for a place on our wings. :wave:

Zamora isn't as good as Forster no way. Might be as good as Kitson but since he was with Brighton he has been appalling. Goater, Owusu, and Morgan are good enough for Division 1 and remain the players on the fringes of the first team. Zamora would expect first-team football and we can't guarantee him that, so on his wages I expect it'd be a waste of money.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just spoken to a West Ham who works here.

Apparently the rumour is now on teletext that Sir Bob is maybe on his way.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wilts said:
1) Of course, he's a good player ain't he?

2) More importantly, why would he come here, we (a) can't afford him, and (b) don't even need him with 5 centre forwards at the club all of Div 1 quality!

But he beats up your ball boys

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Perry Milkins said:

There was a time when he was better but he doesn't appear to be any more. A manager who liked him is in charge at WHU and he is dropping down the pecking order faster than a whore's drawers. He was a great player for us but I think he will be forever regretting his move away from Brighton-his career is not going in the direction his agent and Glennda told him it would...

To be honest, I'm not even sure I'd like to see him back with us-he let us down in the last quarter of his final season. His mind was definitely elsewhere and who knows, with a bit more effort on his part we might never have gone down. Besides, as the saying goes "You can never go back" and I think this is true for BZ. It didn't work for Peter Ward and I'm sure there are dozens of examples from other clubs where fans' favourites return, only for it all to turn sour pretty quickly.

*gets asbestos suit and waits for the flaming*

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Bwian said:
There was a time when he was better but he doesn't appear to be any more. A manager who liked him is in charge at WHU and he is dropping down the pecking order faster than a whore's drawers. He was a great player for us but I think he will be forever regretting his move away from Brighton-his career is not going in the direction his agent and Glennda told him it would...

To be honest, I'm not even sure I'd like to see him back with us-he let us down in the last quarter of his final season. His mind was definitely elsewhere and who knows, with a bit more effort on his part we might never have gone down. Besides, as the saying goes "You can never go back" and I think this is true for BZ. It didn't work for Peter Ward and I'm sure there are dozens of examples from other clubs where fans' favourites return, only for it all to turn sour pretty quickly.

*gets asbestos suit and waits for the flaming*

Tend to agree (see my post earlier on this thread, but I'd rather have him here on Saturday than play 1 up front

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
West Ham after Readings Harper apparently according to their boards. Only has a year left on his deal.

Its another Brighton / Reading / West Ham merry go round..

Hope we come up on top this time...

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
clapham_gull said:
West Ham after Readings Harper apparently according to their boards. Only has a year left on his deal.

Its another Brighton / Reading / West Ham merry go round..

Hope we come up on top this time...

If I were Brighton I'd pray that Pardew doesn't go against his word and buy any Reading players.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
"I believe our groups are already united. I've also advised Ronnie (San Juan Representative Ronaldo Zamora's nickname) to unite with us,"

I've found this on google - lastest rumour - as I see it is he's going to Man Utd to link up with Ronaldo, but maybe I'm wrong, you know how these rumours get misinterpreted :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here