Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby coming back?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
BensGrandad said:
He apparently still lives in Burgess Hill and takes his dog out for a walk with Bob Booker.
Not true.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
From The Talk in Football Column, tonights Evening Standard

Bobby Brighton Beached

Perhaps West Ham were also wary that player swaps do not always work out.

While Jermain Defore has forced his way into England contention since leaving Upton Park, Bobby Zamora - the makeweight in the strikers £8m move to Spurs last January - has not started either of West Ham's championship matches. With Teddy Sheringham, Marlon Harewood and Sergie Redrov ahead of him in the pecking order, there are rumours Zamora could be loaned out to former club Brighton in a bid to get him off the payroll.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont understand the reason behind the rumour - if they want to save money on the wage bill, why'd they take on Rebrov and Sheringham who i bet are on a pretty penny, when they've already got a proven player at this level in the form of Zamora (and others).

Why did Westham take him as a make weight in the first place if they're so desperate for £££. It does not make sence.

And we're hardly the club to be able to pick up the wages. If he's on the sort of wages we could afford then it not the sort of money thats going to impact WestHams funds

the only reason i can see is that Pardew has decided he's not the player he expected/once was, so loans him out to increase his value... if there's any remotest truth to the rumour.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Pardew admitted that West Ham are on the verge of administration, or will be in they don't balance the books quickly.

I think the Zamora make weight thing was a bit of a red herring, they effectively got him for nothing - Pardew played clever there.

He hasn't supplied the goods at West Ham and is now down the pecking order. They can't afford to pay players who are not going to play, but are taking a risk on bringing in players who will and will hopefully get them back to the premiership.

The West Ham thing this season looks like a gamble to me.

Does beg the question though - can we afford to pay his wages ?

I guess if we can even afford to pay half is wages, West Ham will let him come down here. The question will be whether Bobby wants to come.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I really can't believe this rumour. They have just sold jobi Mcnuff so the wage bill has been reduced:(

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Biscuit said:
Towards the end of his time with us fatboy slim was paying his wages. Believed to be in the reigon of about £6,000 a month.

I dreamed of having Zamora and Knight up front...could it happen?!

What actually happened was that Dick Knight said to fatboy slim 'Unless someone gives us an injection of 500k, we will have to sell Zamora to balance the books'. So Norman Cook duely obliged.

Zamora coming back. I have just cum.

Zamora is king. Its the return of the King. Long live the King.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here