Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby coming back?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps West Ham were also wary that player swaps do not always work out. While Jermain Defoe has forced his way into England contention since leaving Upton Park, Bobby Zamora (right) - the makeweight in the striker's £8m move to Spurs last January - has not started either of West Ham's Championship matches. With Teddy Sheringham, Marlon Harewood and Sergei Rebrov ahead of him in the pecking order, there are rumours Zamora could be loaned to former club Brighton in a bid to get him off the payroll.

^^^ from the Evening standard.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
So it's a rumour in a paper talking about another rumour.

I'd love to see it but I really don;t see how we would be able to "get him off the wage bill". All we could offer is to keep him match fit and offer him first team football. once he is top scorer (again) we'll hand him back. We'll be safe by then anyway.

Dream dream dream dream dreaaaaaaaaaaaam.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2 chances

Bob Hope
No Hope

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
we could possibly strike a deal where we only pay a percentage of his wages. but still i cannot see him coming back here for a few years yet, if at all.
although would be nice.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
80's Seagull said:
I won't believe it until I see him in an Argentina shirt!

zamora.jpg

ITS TRUE.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lammy said:
So it's a rumour in a paper talking about another rumour.

I'd love to see it but I really don;t see how we would be able to "get him off the wage bill". All we could offer is to keep him match fit and offer him first team football. once he is top scorer (again) we'll hand him back. We'll be safe by then anyway.

Dream dream dream dream dreaaaaaaaaaaaam.

If we paid 50% of his wages that is a saving to West Ham.

If he scores the goals that make us safe we will be happy. Some will be against the likes of Leicester Wolves Leeds etc so that restricts their points total

Then let West Ham have him back everybody is a winner.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Ah, rumours in papers about rumours!! Great stuff, but I won't be crossing my fingers just yet....., although I have noticed that the No 25 shirt has still not been filled.

;)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
But will he be willing to wear our new gay strip?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
were are one of the most likely clubs to get him if he did go on loan. surely they wouldnt let another promotion favorite have him. pardew wont want him to go to reading, and they know he would be settled here.

in other words he is deffinetely xcoming to us! :jester:

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I'd love to see it happen, the partnership of Zamora and Knight would be superb, unfortunatly I don't think it will happen.
Zamora can't be that far down the pecking order, I saw him playing for west ham on Tuesday.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
Biscuit

Normally I think your posts are pretty accurate, but that bit about Fatboy is pure fantasy ( believe me I am in the know on this one).

NC has only once paid the wages of the players and that was a one off following a windfall he received at Skint which he offered to the Albion and MP asked wether he would be prepared to meet the wages bill, he said yes and if you remember, The Argus used it as an excuse to say that we had gone bust!!!!

I had been told by a very good source (aren't they all?!!) that NC was paying the wages of little Leon last season and this.....

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The message is the same in footy as in life - never go back. Unless you've left your wallet:p

Bobby has gone and that's it. Coming back would be a terrible admission of faliure on his behalf. I reckon he will be out on loan soon but not to us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would it be dreaming too much to make it happen for this w/e's game please? :clap2: :clap2:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I really really want to believe this but i cant see it happening.
It would be a backward step for him.
Having said that he is in urgent need of a confidence boost & maybe coming back to where he is reverred as a god may do that.
But would maghee like MA & PT build the side around his stengths??

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
BensGrandad said:
If we paid 50% of his wages that is a saving to West Ham.

If he scores the goals that make us safe we will be happy. Some will be against the likes of Leicester Wolves Leeds etc so that restricts their points total

Then let West Ham have him back everybody is a winner.

Very true. But when the time came would we really want to see him go back :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
brighton_b0y said:
totally shite! he would never come back! since he's left he's had an absolute nightmare. Noo way he's come back with his tale between is legs! I reckon Mickey Might try and get him!

no chance they have blake, dublin, scowcroft, connolly, and benjamin upfront.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Did people ever think Peter Ward would come back to Brighton on loan from Forest? Wasn't that an admission of failure on Wards part? Seems far-fetched but it's nice having something new to argue about on here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here