Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby coming back?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'd love it, but it seems highly unlikely to me.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Would love it to be true but isn't there another club who play in blue and white and have an ex Albion manager who would almost certainly outbid us?

No, there's actually TWO other clubs who play in blue and white and both have an ex Albion manager who would almost certainly outbid us! :D

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I really can't see West Ham loaning Bobby to Leicester, one of their main promotion rivals. We, 'poor, doomed Brighton', are clearly different.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Biscuit

Normally I think your posts are pretty accurate, but that bit about Fatboy is pure fantasy ( believe me I am in the know on this one).

NC has only once paid the wages of the players and that was a one off following a windfall he received at Skint which he offered to the Albion and MP asked wether he would be prepared to meet the wages bill, he said yes and if you remember, The Argus used it as an excuse to say that we had gone bust!!!!

It would not surprise me in the slightest if BZ came back for a season loan.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
He stills hangs out with Jonesy now and again and I'm sure he'd fancy playing alongside Knight and/or Molango. I'm getting sweaty just thinking about it. Probably total bollocks though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
IWe, 'poor, doomed Brighton', are clearly different.

Straws, clutching - like it and he WOULD be fired up this time I'm sure :clap2: :clap2:

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
Icy Gull said:
Would love it to be true but isn't there another club who play in blue and white and have an ex Albion manager who would almost certainly outbid us?

Unless, of course, Pardew is bitter an twisted (sensible) enough not allow him to join a promotion rival

quite possibly but would the hammers want him to help leicester get promoted possibly above them, or would they prefer him to help us stay up no real threat to there promotion chase?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The logic says that if he came to us and scored the winner against some of West Hams promotion rivals he would help us and them indirectly. I weas told that they were trying to work the best time to achieve this. Again only rumours but oh if it could be true!!

The one good thing is it takes us away from the depression of Tuesdays game.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I was thinking along those lines as well. If West Ham were to loan him out it would not be to a team who were a direct challange to their promotion hopes. Loan him to us and maybe it will help us beat these sort of teams and so help West Ham. May not be as stupid an idea as people think!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
dave the gaffer said:
Biscuit

Normally I think your posts are pretty accurate, but that bit about Fatboy is pure fantasy ( believe me I am in the know on this one).

NC has only once paid the wages of the players and that was a one off following a windfall he received at Skint which he offered to the Albion and MP asked wether he would be prepared to meet the wages bill, he said yes and if you remember, The Argus used it as an excuse to say that we had gone bust!!!!

It would not surprise me in the slightest if BZ came back for a season loan.

I stand corrected. Apologies. I was passing on second hand info.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I won't believe it until I see him in an Argentina shirt!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
also if this is true I will admit that I was wrong and we do have ambition and McGhee does know what he is doing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here