Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting help please.................£10k on the line!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Assuming the place paid 1/5th odds?, I reckon a 25p e/w accy on those 4 would pay £2580.96

at 1/4 the odds thats 9/4 9/4 5/1 4/1 for the place part (3.25 x 3.25 x 6 x 5 x .25 for those with a calculator) off the top o me head I make that about £80, and to clarify the dead heat rule, stakes are split NOT the price, i.e you have a quid on a 10/1 shot that DH 3 ways, the bet is settled at 10/1 but for 33.333r Pence

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
at 1/4 the odds thats 9/4 9/4 5/1 4/1 for the place part (3.25 x 3.25 x 6 x 5 x .25 for those with a calculator) off the top o me head I make that about £80, and to clarify the dead heat rule, stakes are split NOT the price, i.e you have a quid on a 10/1 shot that DH 3 ways, the bet is settled at 10/1 but for 33.333r Pence

you are correct but i have 4 bets placed.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
if you've done 2 in each div/team I assumed that was the case, I was questioning the other posters two and a half grand!

exactly right. 2 from each div. People just trying to help but obviously not seasoned gamblers, which is probably a good thing! :)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
betting on football week in week out I lost so much money if you add it up every week even if you do £10 a week there is always one team that lets you down. Over the past 5 years I have limited myself to a Yankee at the start of the season which gives you something to support all year. Not this year though with my poor selections of Birmingham,Huddersfeild,Crawley,and Wrexham.

Next year eh.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
betting on football week in week out I lost so much money if you add it up every week even if you do £10 a week there is always one team that lets you down. Over the past 5 years I have limited myself to a Yankee at the start of the season which gives you something to support all year. Not this year though with my poor selections of Birmingham,Huddersfeild,Crawley,and Wrexham.

Next year eh.

I had barca/madrid for champs league x west ham/leic x hudd/mk dons x crawley/accrinton. needles to say i will not be picking up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had barca/madrid for champs league x west ham/leic x hudd/mk dons x crawley/accrinton. needles to say i will not be picking up.

I had Man City, West Ham and Crawley. Three months ago, it was looking very rosy!

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
As it stands McLeod has NOT placed and your return is 0.

IF he places your return is £320 and as you said if it is a three way tie for 1st your return is just above £3k

If the two leaders score and then one of the others reaches 18 goals McLeod is tied for 3rd and your return will be £160. Worst case is the other two leaders score and the guy on 17 scores 2 then your return will be 0.

There's just one more thing. If he's injured you should be trying to lay 2/1 on Betfair. You cant lose.

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
I believe he has the bet more than once? From what I could gather he thought it was £200, which doesn't work out with his expected win return.

He should be trying to lay McLeod as I advised yestrday. If he lays 2/1 he cant lose whatever the result, if he is injured.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I couldnt see the other selections posted on here. he said he's got 4 bets active (out of 16) so i assume some of the othere selections have diffrent prices/returns

aguero at 12/1 & bradley wright phillips at 9/1. In div 2 i also had M tubbs who wnt to bournemouth in trans window. He had 12 at the time. I am pretty sure he would have won if he had stayed.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here