Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bergkamp joins Brighton

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Excelsior want to renew his contract, but he rejected. He also rejected Dutch first division side Go Ahead Eagles.
His goalscoring stats are better than Ruud van Nistelrooy when he was twenty...

Bergkamp isn't a world class striker, but I've seen hem play several times; he isn't that bad...

Contract ends 30 June 2011.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That Mail headline along with picture of Dennis has sent me dizzy!

Shame it's only some distant relative but I reckon he will be flair and class. And I know that entirely because he has Bergkamp blood!!!!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bergkamp is not a close relative of former Gunners' favourite Dennis and in a Dutch TV interview in 2010 admitted he had only ever spoken to him once.

Oh dear... :lol:

Noooooooooooo!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This must be one of the Household names we are signing.I think Calvin Zola and Sergio Torres are signing next week.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
We are potentially signing a player in the top flight dutch league who playes for the dutch under 21 side and people are moaning. Unbelievable.

Doesnt mean shit though. Would you be happy if we signed Emile Heskey who plays for his country and also in the best league in the world? Of course not. Just because he's played in their top league and has a U21 cap or 2 doesn't mean he'll be any good.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Doesnt mean shit though. Would you be happy if we signed Emile Heskey who plays for his country and also in the best league in the world? Of course not. Just because he's played in their top league and has a U21 cap or 2 doesn't mean he'll be any good.

I'd be pretty happy if we signed Emile Heskey tbh.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

I would be delighted if we signed Heskey

Oct 25, 2003
Really? Well I'm speechless.

someone who's played in the premier league for their ENTIRE career, and was in the england squad LAST YEAR? you really wouldn't be happy with signing them for the CHAMPIONSHIP?!

i think you may need to alter your expectations somewhat

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
You WOULDN'T be happy if we signed Heskey?

WTF?

Why he has done f*** ALL since his goals for England when we beat Germany 10 years ago. Just because he'd be dropping down a division doesn't mean he's all of a sudden going to get 100 times better. He's an utter mule & i'd rather have Sandaza back than that utter waste of talent.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Why he has done f*** ALL since his goals for England when we beat Germany 10 years ago. Just because he'd be dropping down a division doesn't mean he's all of a sudden going to get 100 times better. He's an utter mule & i'd rather have Sandaza back than that utter waste of talent.

He's done enough to command 15m in transfer fees, play regularly to the Premier League and receive numorous England call-ups.

The Premier League is miles ahead of the Championship, and he's still doing enough to play regularly there.

As Turienzo says, I think anyone who wouldn't be happy with a player of Heskey's calibre needs to alter their expectations. I doubt there is a single club in the Championship which would reject the opportunity to sign him.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
He's done enough to command 15m in transfer fees, play regularly to the Premier League and receive numorous England call-ups.

The Premier League is miles ahead of the Championship, and he's still doing enough to play regularly there.

As Turienzo says, I think anyone who wouldn't be happy with a player of Heskey's calibre needs to alter their expectations. I doubt there is a single club in the Championship which would reject the opportunity to sign him.

I don't buy that, I'm with Tonymgc, I'd rather have Sandaza back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here