Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bergkamp joins Brighton

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I would be delighted if we signed Heskey

Wash your mouth out, a mop with a face drawn on it would be more potent than him.
As for this Bergkamp lad, 11 pages on a, as yet unconfirmed signing. Who at 20 has hardly caught the world alight in a Dutch league that looks comparable to championship.
And as for the Bergkamp thing, having a successful sporting relative is no marker for footballing talent. Look at Paul Gascoigne and his dad Bamber

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And as for the Bergkamp thing, having a successful sporting relative is no marker for footballing talent.

Worked for Bobby and Jackie Charlton their uncle was Jackie Milburn. Many players have had a dad as a pro footballer some bben better like Fat Frank some not as good like Casper Schmeichel so there is no great criteria either way, just having a relative may open doors.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Worked for Bobby and Jackie Charlton their uncle was Jackie Milburn. Many players have had a dad as a pro footballer some bben better like Fat Frank some not as good like Casper Schmeichel so there is no great criteria either way, just having a relative may open doors.

Sorry fella, if you re read my last comment I was being a bit silly.
Your right on the family thing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Doesnt mean shit though. Would you be happy if we signed Emile Heskey who plays for his country and also in the best league in the world? Of course not. Just because he's played in their top league and has a U21 cap or 2 doesn't mean he'll be any good.

What a f***ing ridiculous thing to say. Be very happy if we signed Heskey.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What a f***ing ridiculous thing to say. Be very happy if we signed Heskey.

Personnally I would HATE it if we were trying to sign FOR FREE a player that is 20 years old and plays for the Dutch U21 side and a first division Dutch side FOR FREE. And let me tell you Heskey, Premier League England International HESKEY.

Well.

I might stop supporting Brighton and Hove Albion is these are the types of players we are trying to sign as a newly promoted Championship side.

'sake.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Personnally I would HATE it if we were trying to sign FOR FREE a player that is 20 years old and plays for the Dutch U21 side and a first division Dutch side FOR FREE. And let me tell you Heskey, Premier League England International HESKEY.

Well.

I might stop supporting Brighton and Hove Albion is these are the types of players we are trying to sign as a newly promoted Championship side.

'sake.

Agreed. It's all an utter joke. I'm going to cut up my season ticket card the moment it comes through in the post. We stood on the terraces on wet Tuesday nights in Gillingham, for THIS?! I don't think so. Fans United was in vain.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
We can safely say that this "signing that lifts the city" will be pretty spectacular, and hopefully very soon!

This Bergkamp kiddy looks good and i suppose will go straight to the development squad. Exciting times.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Well.

'sake.

I get what you're saying and I'm more than happy for us to take a look at Bergkamp, after all none of us know what he's like. Heskey on the other hand we have been watching for years and he is a shit player. This isn't about thinking Brighton are so big now that we should be signing world cup winners, it was simply about not wanting to sign Heskey - a player that has consistantly proved that he cant hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Dev/bench player, with a cool name that plays like Sandaza/Wood.

Who is next? starting 11, bench or Dev player? I want starting eleven that replace our best 2 players who have left. players that could improve on our last seasons team. Currently, I wouldn't place our team in the top half of the championship and this signing hasn't changed that.

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing

Well.

'sake.

I think it would be good if we could sign BOTH types of players. Experienced Premier league players as well as young lesser known players with raw talent. I think they would compliment each other brilliantly. Trouble is we seem to be lacking on the experienced players at the moment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why would you be happy? What part of his game leads you to believe that he would improve The Albion? Is it his inability to hit the target, his ability to at 16st or whatever he is to still hit the floor when approached by a defender or something else??

His superb ability to hold up and link play, and his positional awareness. The same reason a number of top managers have picked/bought him.

Heskey hasn't never been about scoring goals. A lot of people seem to also judge Murray just by how many he scored last year, which is really stupid. Scoring is probably his 4th or 5th best attribute.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
His superb ability to hold up and link play, and his positional awareness. The same reason a number of top managers have picked/bought him.

Heskey hasn't never been about scoring goals. A lot of people seem to also judge Murray just by how many he scored last year, which is really stupid. Scoring is probably his 4th or 5th best attribute.

FAir enough if you think his hold up play and pisitional sense is good enough for a team aiming to hold their own in the Championship then thats up to you. Personally I don't think he's good enough for team with those kind of aspirations.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Why would you be happy? What part of his game leads you to believe that he would improve The Albion? Is it his inability to hit the target, his ability to at 16st or whatever he is to still hit the floor when approached by a defender or something else??
Please tell me you're on some kind of massive wind up. A man who has commanded over £24m in transfer fees, has won the UEFA Cup, FA Cup, League Cup (x4), has been capped 62 times for his country and has scored well over 100 Premier League goals, not to mention countless assists and still only 33. Yeah you're right, why would we want to sign a player like Heskey?

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007

This is spot on. Heskey's never been about the goals, despite being a striker. Ask any player that's played alongside him and they'll tell you his worth.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
FAir enough if you think his hold up play and pisitional sense is good enough for a team aiming to hold their own in the Championship then thats up to you. Personally I don't think he's good enough for team with those kind of aspirations.

You dont think a player who plays in the Premier League is good enough for a team wanting to stay in the Championship, OK.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Yet just a season ago he was good enough for a team aiming for top half of Premiership? How does that work?

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
Heskey would be a massive asset for us. Not only his ability to hold up the ball but his physical size and strength would serve us well in the championship. I know size isnt be all and end all but it would be nice to have just one or two players like that :-/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here