Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bergkamp joins Brighton

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You don't get in the Dutch Under 21 side if you're a mug, must have plenty of potential. I'm stiffening slightly.

totally This....... Dutch national team are equal or better than England. Look at the talent in our U21, even Bobby Z and the height of his rise only bagged 6 U21 caps.

So Dutch U21 will be no mug

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
totally This....... Dutch national team are equal or better than England. Look at the talent in our U21, even Bobby Z and the height of his rise only bagged 6 U21 caps.

Remember a certain Argentinian U-21 international called Turienzo? ;)

But, to be fair, this guy does sound like a very promising player.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't think as football fans we should be staring at the reality of the likely skill-level of players we're yet to see. We're bound to fantasy and pretty much every signing has to leave us with a wild imagining in our heads of a world-beating starting XI and all-star squad of wanted pros. If we signed Bobcat Goldthwaite i'd be hungry to see him play, wondering if he might befriend the small, goggle-eyed, accident-prone, bruised-husband in our squad to get up to some memorable but poorly scripted hijinx. No one should be disappointed in who we sign. It's luck and judgement combined and Gus seems to have a fairly large dose of the two inside him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think as football fans we should be staring at the reality of the likely skill-level of players we're yet to see. We're bound to fantasy and pretty much every signing has to leave us with a wild imagining in our heads of a world-beating starting XI and all-star squad of wanted pros. If we signed Bobcat Goldthwaite i'd be hungry to see him play, wondering if he might befriend the small, goggle-eyed, accident-prone, bruised-husband in our squad to get up to some memorable but poorly scripted hijinx. No one should be disappointed in who we sign. It's luck and judgement combined and Gus seems to have a fairly large dose of the two inside him.

This

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4190762 said:
If we've truly signed any relation to my fave player of all time, I will spontaneously combust right now.

This.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
For those of you who are questioning this signing, ask yourself - do you like the sound of this prospect or see us re-sign Chris Wood ? I'm going for the young Bergkamp every time !!!!

Bring it on :D:D

gjh1971

May 7, 2007

Hinshelwood and Harding both 'starred' for the England u21s

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
For those of you who are questioning this signing, ask yourself - do you like the sound of this prospect or see us re-sign Chris Wood ? I'm going for the young Bergkamp every time !!!!

Bring it on :D:D

This.......

worse case scenario,
replace a kiwi sack of potatoes, for a dutch sack of potatoes with a flairtastic name punk:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Yep, Bergkamp and Owen up front with Heskey coming off the bench! Sorry.

Do we need young striker or one with experience? I know we all have to start somewhere but I would go for maturity every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here