Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bergkamp joins Brighton

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Sounds like the Dutch Emile Heskey then. Only joking, hope he does well for us and gets given a chance. I am half expecting Mr Burns to post a thread about how he isn't good enough for us by this time tomorrow.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Regards the nephew thing, he could be related by marriage: if Dennis has a brother who marries a single mum or adopts a son!

Wouldn't be a blood relation but then neither is Shaun Wright-Phillips to Dennis' fellow legend Ian Wright and I wouldn't half mind SWP at The Amex!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Falls into place now why Gus really didn't want Muzza here next season when BERGKAMP will be playing up front and leave Muzza to screw it up with the relegation favourites in Sarf London.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I know nothing about Bergkamp the younger, but coming from the dutch top flight is no guarantee of quality. We signed Mark Farrington from FEYENOORD. We have no idea about the lad, he could be a tremendous player signed for the first team or another player for the development squad. Let's wait and see before building him up, only to then tear him down when he doesn't have the impact of uncle Dennis.

Aren't Excelsior Feyenoord's feeder club?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bergkamp is not a close relative of former Gunners' favourite Dennis and in a Dutch TV interview in 2010 admitted he had only ever spoken to him once.

Oh dear... :lol:

Perhaps it's a bit like the tale of Pablo Picasso and his father. One day Dennis, saw Roland play aged just 15, and realised his own talent was greatly surpassed by that of his nephew, and hung up his boots immediately. A shaken and emotion Dennis, never spoke to his nephew again.

Well, I can but dream.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Having played for us previously and been released.

That is like shouting that Case joined us from Sittingbourne, although correct it was the 2nd time, as with Wilkins

I'm not shouting BG, just saying which Dutch club Wendy joined us from. If the question had been which British team he joined us from it would have been QPR. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here