Trees,
Spooky Tooth,
Mellow Candle,
Magna Carta,
Room.

Phew!

Contemp Band: Straw.

Kosh

Got many of them, even had a certain LP by 'Jade Warrior' when they were called 'July'.
You missed out
Gracious
Czar
Green Bullfrog (they were famous actually, aka....Deep Purple)
Artwoods
Cressida
Shape of The Rain
Spring
Blossom Toes
Bulldog Breed/T2
Skip Bifferty
Kaleidoscope/Fairfield Parlour
Second Hand
Leviathan (Brighton band!)
Quatermass
Man
The Jason Crest
The Dark
The Attack
Andromeda
Eire Apparent
Sorrows
Eyes Of Blue
Stray
Magic Mixture
Infinity
Andwella's Dream
The Way We Live
Idle Race
Beggars Opera

More recently;
Kent
Blue Aeroplanes
Inspiral Carpets
Jazz Butcher Conspiracy
Love and Rockets
Tones On Tail
The Catherine Wheel
Pale Saints
House Of Love
Chameleons
Hearthrobs
I Am Kloot
The High
Drop
A Band Of Bees
Shriekback
Reverend Horton Heat

Last edited:

Michael Bolton

Jan 7, 2009
Huey Lewis and the News. Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square"; a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Just my $0.02.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I noticed Fad in your avatar.
Fine early singles, with Back To Nature, LadyShave, Ricky's Hand, Fireside Favourites..... some of the best of the electronic era.

NMH you have taste!!

The later stuff well worth a listen too...collapsing new people, luxury, love parasite and much much more

Maybe nows the time for a revisit

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Why oh why did he do that (later) country thing?

It wasn't really country. He always had a social awareness with under the flag a comment on the Falklands war.

After the electronic stuff he did an album of old industrial revolution type songs like 'hard times in the cotton mill' and 'black lung song' (laugh a minute!) and then carried on with folk based observations on the east end with an irish backing band 'the pyros'

I saw him at the mean fiddler at that time and the second half of the gig was accoustic banjo led versions of rickys hand and the early electronic stuff!!

He did return to synths supporting Depeche mode in 2001 and headlining the Garage before passing away of a heart problem soon after

A legend !!

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Huey Lewis and the News. Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square"; a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Just my $0.02.

Cracking movie referancing.

Ronan Keating

Jan 7, 2009
Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply Whitney Houston had 4 number one singles on it?It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since, Elizabeth, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here