Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bands that should have had much more success

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The Chameleons. Manchester's finest band of the early/mid 80's.

Indeed, they were a brilliant indie-rock guitar band, and criminally under-rated.

Tracks such as 'Up the Down Escalator', 'Home is Where the Heart Is', 'Second Skin', 'Monkeyland' and 'Singing Rule Britannia' remain firm favourites of mine after all this time, and are still played on a regular basis.

:guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Indeed, they were a brilliant indie-rock guitar band, and criminally under-rated.

Tracks such as 'Up the Down Escalator', 'Home is Where the Heart Is', 'Second Skin', 'Monkeyland' and 'Singing Rule Britannia' remain firm favourites of mine after all this time, and are still played on a regular basis.

:guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

I've just read Mark Burgess' autobiography, top bloke, after the band folded he ended up setting up the IT system for Manchester City!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Puressence
Longpigs
The Auteurs

Ah, Luke Haines. Have you heard his 'Off My Rocker at the Art School Bop' album from a couple of years ago? Pure twisted genius, maverick English eccentricity.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I worry about you El Pres. First you say that aband that wasn't the Smiths, New Order or the Fall were the best of the early 80s

Now you say the Fall should have been bigger than they were and are. Nah, the Fall are perfect just the way theyve been on the fringes for 30 years
o

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A-HA especially their recent albums.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Fourteenth Eye ....obviously !!!!!

Actually its interesting to see MummRa mentioned as they supported us a few years ago so i have mixed feelings if they have split up !!!

also Dan Reed Network should have been huge as should Kiss of The gypsy.
The Wildhearts should be much bigger than they actually are but im not too upset about that as i like where they are now

Anyone rembember "the Drivers" East Grinstead based 3 piece early eighties? Released one album "Short Cuts" and were big in Canada briefly. Fab live in the many pubs that I saw them play, Nick Van Eede of the band later formed "Cutting Crew".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here