Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BAHA cannot be a private members'club

Sep 18, 2003
This argument will go on forever. Just for the record I'm with Beachy on this one. I was one of the unlucky 22%. I go to 4-5 away games/year, and as many home games a year as poss with my ST. As for my ST, with the home ones I miss, I pay more per game than I would if I bought for the games.

The club is obviously with Beachy and me, and have reviewed their policy. The finances are the reason - clearly STH are where the lifeblood money comes from, its just a pitty they were too late with this, as there is no reason for a ST. It costs me more than buying for the game, and you just get shat on. I'd have got a scaff today if I wasn't a STH.

Lets hope all those AMS members who pour money into other clubs following the Albion, actually go to see some games at Withdean because without their money next season they will be the 12th man against Mansfield (and I bet there will be less of them).

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Even tho i agree that sth help the club tick over and budget for the season and helps the club out more by paying all up front. But the club can't forget the pay as you go fans as that brings income in during the course of the season.

If sth were the sole reason for keeping the club alive then surley the club shop / ticket office should be shut during the season?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Beach Hut said:
It is a basic business that you reward your most loyal customers.

If you ignore that then you may well go out of business.

Samparish - don't lecture me, understand what business is about.

STH's arent neccasarily your most loyal supporters tho are they. And their wifes grans sister isnt by association either! :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kenhead said:
Even tho i agree that sth help the club tick over and budget for the season and helps the club out more by paying all up front. But the club can't forget the pay as you go fans as that brings income in during the course of the season.

If sth were the sole reason for keeping the club alive then surely the club shop / ticket office should be shut during the season?

How do you think the sth get their away tickets and buy Christmas presents?
11% of regular away fans (440) are sth.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Lindfield by the sea said:
Lets hope all those AMS members who pour money into other clubs following the Albion, actually go to see some games at Withdean because without their money next season they will be the 12th man against Mansfield (and I bet there will be less of them).

See that's the sort of bollocks that makes my blood boil!

What makes you think AMS members don't go to Withdean!

Away Members go to Withdean - Week in, Week Out - as well, and actually give the club MORE money in the long run.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Wrong as STH who pay up front keep the club in business, why do we renew that early ?

Oh f*** off !

AMS who give money to A&K and buy replica shirt after replica shirt and go games all the time keep the club in business too.

If you were so concerned about keeping the club in business don't accept the buy early discount, pay full price in March! And buy the full home, away and third kit whilst your at it and offer to pay a players wages. Sponsor a match, sponsor a ball, sponsor a f***ing stand.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Turkey said:

Away Members go to Withdean - Week in, Week Out - as well, and actually give the club MORE money in the long run.

run that one past me again simon

Lindfield by the sea said:
and as many home games a year as poss with my ST. As for my ST, with the home ones I miss, I pay more per game than I would if I bought for the games.
I'm in the same boat, I miss 3 or 4 homes a year because you can't organise your life around a fixture list. You just write those off as a loss.

It is sad to keep reading on here about this "discount" that season ticket holders get - I'm sure there are very avid season ticket holders who never take holidays from August to May, never have weddings or family events to go to, never get ill, never fancy just once in a while going to some other leisure occasion with their partner on a Saturday. I would suggest such people are in a minority among the 4,200 though!

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Why? Surely it makes sense. It costs more to pay for each match individually.
Not necessarily when the club are making special offers available.

The only sth who get discounts are the ones who renew within a few weeks of asking. If you leave it later than March then the discount is reduced (and it is only £40 max) and if you leave it later than May then there is no discount.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Turkey said:
Why? Surely it makes sense. It costs more to pay for each match individually.

The cost of a season ticket is more variable than a few posts on here imply.

Depends on how you pay and when you pay.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yorkie said:
Not necessarily when the club are making special offers available.

The only sth who get discounts are the ones who renew within a few weeks of asking. If you leave it later than March then the discount is reduced (and it is only £40 max) and if you leave it later than May then there is no discount.

Ok but they don't by definition put more money into the club than non-STH who go to home games.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Ok but they don't by definition put more money into the club than non-STH who go to home games.

It'a pointless argument. AMS people need only have registered and bought only one away ticket ever. I was on the AMS because I lived in Yorkshire and so I am on both lists although sth who filled in that part of the form are on there too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Turkey said:

Not by definition but if you miss a game the club get nothing, if I miss a game I've already paid for it.

I'm already posted many times on here that the people who always get left out of the equation are on the ones who pay for every match on a match by match basis.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We've also lost our free cup game this year as well :lolol:

.. and as for the scarf fiasco :D

I've had to put an extra £2.50 :D

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yorkie said:
It'a pointless argument. AMS people need only have registered and bought only one away ticket ever. I was on the AMS because I lived in Yorkshire and so I am on both lists although sth who filled in that part of the form are on there too.

So what if they've only bought one away ticket? They may have bought 23 home tickets!

You can't say a STH is a better fan, a more loyal customer etc. You can't prove that. A Non-STH could go to EVERY match we play.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm not a STH and never have been because it would be a waste of time with the hours I have to work, But I would be interested to know what drives a person to buy a season ticket rather than pay on a game by game basis? I could understand it when we had a limited capacity but now we cant even fill the Withdean what pushes a person to do it?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
clapham_gull said:
Not by definition but if you miss a game the club get nothing, if I miss a game I've already paid for it.

Exactly, "If".

There's no FACT here, no one can say a non-STH's gives the club less money.

And the more money = better/more loyal fan is nonsense because then you have to include how much someone spends on replica shirts, programmes, player sponsorships etc which is quite obviously rediculous.

Maybe we should all have 'reward cards' and we can get priority because we're uber rich and buy every shirt, hat, scarf and dvd going. :p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
So what if they've only bought one away ticket? They may have bought 23 home tickets!

You can't say a STH is a better fan, a more loyal customer etc. You can't prove that. A Non-STH could go to EVERY match we play.

Did I mention better fan? Come on Si you know me better than that.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Turkey said:
Exactly, "If".

There's no FACT here, no one can say a non-STH's gives the club less money.

And the more money = better/more loyal fan is nonsense because then you have to include how much someone spends on replica shirts, programmes, player sponsorships etc which is quite obviously rediculous.

Maybe we should all have 'reward cards' and we can get priority because we're uber rich and buy every shirt, hat, scarf and dvd going. :p

If you read my posts on here you'll find that I'm very much in the camp that rewards people for going to games irrespective of how they have paid for it.

(in fact just read the rest of the post)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here