Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BAHA cannot be a private members'club

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I had a 5 match mini season ticket that worked out £22 a ticket. That run out after the millwall game so have brought a indervidal one for port vale which in the same area is £24.50.

But if there are some offers to try and sell the ground out then that may change

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If there were perhaps 10 games a season where demand exceeded demand then there would be justification for a more robust scheme.

But it is not cost effective to organise such a scheme on the off chance that we might get a big cup draw.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This thread has just sent me into a huge depression.

Not really because of all the tiresome bilge about West Ham, but because it's made me realise it's probably under a month until the annual begging letter comes out from the Albion, urging me to fork out another £450 for the privilege of next season.

It feels like I've only just paid for the last one :(

I used to go week in, week out at the Goldstone, never missed a game, but I never bought a season ticket until the last season at Gillingham, when the club suggested they'd be back in Brighton by Christmas that year. I've had one ever since.

I know I could now get tickets for every game fairly easily, but I can't be bothered to keep phoning up, I like the people who sit near me, by and large, and there's a (small) financial incentive to pay in one go (maybe feels less painful than shelling out £25 every other weekend).

Doesn't stop me being pissed off at the overall cost though, and the fact that the club are BOUND to crap on about increased expenses and raise the prices AGAIN, for the worst facilities in League One (or GOd forbid, League Two).

The only thing that makes me question whether I'll renew or not is that falling attendances will surely force the club to consider dropping prices, or do two for one deals etc, especially for less attractive games. They've already done it for the cup matches. They cannot possibly justify the existing prices, especially if we go down, therefore I imagine a lot of people will hold fire on the season ticket to see if it'll be cheaper to buy on a match by match basis next year.

Kenhead said:
I had a 5 match mini season ticket that worked out £22 a ticket. That run out after the millwall game so have brought a indervidal one for port vale which in the same area is £24.50.

But if there are some offers to try and sell the ground out then that may change

If people were offered 5-match deals at say, something like £20 a game, I think the club could away with that without stirring up any ST backlash.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
If people were offered 5-match deals at say, something like £20 a game, I think the club could away with that without stirring up any ST backlash.

In afew parts of the south stand a £104 five match deal is avalible, working out £20.80 each

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Kenhead said:
In afew parts of the south stand a £104 five match deal is avalible, working out £20.80 each

Thats the kind of thing they should really sell, I never knew that existed.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Some STHs did not get a ticket for West Ham. An AMS member I know has been to 3 matches in 5 years. She got one.

Perhaps there is no solution to please everyone but I would like someone to justify this to me. Please!

And, like some, I really wish I could base my decision to renew my season ticket on the standard of football we play. I can't. BHA is in my blood so it doesn't matter what division we are in or how we play. It was the same when I couldn't afford a season ticket - I still went.

And finally will everyone PLEASE stop this ridiculous argument about who is the better class of supporter. Just get behind the team!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
London Irish said:
I thought there was an interesting contribution to the debate in the Sports Argus this week in the column by Rob Townsend, the former ticket office manager.

In it, he said a points loyalty system was impossible to operate (he had investigated it) because the ticket office had just 3 staff.

Hence there is no solution to genuine dilemma that Turkey puts forward. There appears to be no workable solution to rewarding the loyalty of fans who go to every home game but pay match by match.

In those circumstances, however, I'm not in favour of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and saying that the easily checkable loyalty of season ticket holders should be disregarded.

My annoyance is not with the club but with STH who think just because they have a STH they're more loyal, more deserving than anyone else. I'm also concerned that their bleating is going to harm the match-by-match fan next season with the club reviewing ticket allocation again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Knotty said:
Some STHs did not get a ticket for West Ham. An AMS member I know has been to 3 matches in 5 years. She got one.

It does seem harsh, but it is the same argument put forward by the Leeds fans for the Coca-Cola money we used to buy CKR. They claimed that because they entered more often than we did, and therefore had a greater share of the overall entries, then they should have won the competition, because they were more loyal to it.

Being a STH means that you have a BETTER chance of a ticket than an AMS member (78% compared to 33%), it is not the same as guaranteeing a ticket.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
London Irish said:

In it, he said a points loyalty system was impossible to operate (he had investigated it) because the ticket office had just 3 staff.

A database application could be used to do the hard work for the staff. Assuming staff have to check an away members validity on the computer system anyway this would not be an onerous task (Depending on what system they have already). Given the amount of time it has taken with queries on the West Ham front, one could argue it would save time in the long run.

I and others here work in the IT industry. Surely there must be a way someone like me or one of the other geeks on here could point the Albions Sinclair spectrum in the right way to create a points loyalty system if that really is the problem.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Turkey said:
My annoyance is not with the club but with STH who think just because they have a STH they're more loyal, more deserving than anyone else. I'm also concerned that their bleating is going to harm the match-by-match fan next season with the club reviewing ticket allocation again.

They make me consider not bothering anymore. Seriously.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If I didn't have a season ticket, I often wonder if I could be bothered to travel down from London each week.

:ohmy:

Turkey said:

My annoyance is not with the club or STH's but with people like you who think that STH's are to be ridiculed, sniped at and moaned about at every opportunity.

I'm concerned that the constant bleating from the likes of you make a few hundred STH think "Is it worth it?" and don't renew, plunging the club into financial hardships during the months when there's f*** ALL MONEY coming in from you loyal AMS members/match by match 'supporters'.

Still, go ahead and tell STHs to f*** Off as you did in another post and maybe they will. I'm sure the club will be forever grateful to you.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
El Presidente said:

Being a STH means that you have a BETTER chance of a ticket than an AMS member (78% compared to 33%), it is not the same as guaranteeing a ticket.

78+33 =? ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely ANYONE who considers themself to be a 'better' fan just because they have been to Hartlepool on a Tuesday night/STH/ have a Mark Cartwright signed toilet duck is a space cadet and deserves to be treated as such.

Within any group of people you will have heroes and zeros. To dehumanise them by saying that ALL STH/AMS/Casuals/ARS members etc act in the same manner is pathetic.

clapham_gull said:
If I didn't have a season ticket, I often wonder if I could be bothered to travel down from London each week.

:ohmy:

I am in a similar situation and I know that these days I wouldn't bother travelling down from where I live if I hadn't paid already.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
DJ Leon said:
They make me consider not bothering anymore. Seriously.

Don,t be like that mate, just because of a spat or two.........the overwhelming majority of STHs and regular match by match supporters are one and the same..........

The Albion are important to us both.

We,re both important to the Albion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nemesis said:
My annoyance is not with the club or STH's but with people like you who think that STH's are to be ridiculed, sniped at and moaned about at every opportunity.

My annoyance is with people who begin a post on NSC or a letter to the Argus with the words 'As an Albion Season Ticket Holder...'. What immediately follows that statement is invariably some kind of crap whinge about how the guttersnipe non-STH Albion fans are being treated equally to the loadsamoneys who are in the lucky position in life to be able to flash the cash in February.

STH is fast becoming a term of abuse. It's like admitting being a TORY FFS. Maybe anybody who flaunts their STHness like a badge of martyrdom SHOULD just f*** off, and DAMN the expense. :wave:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It seems crazy that this BINFEST is taking place, when the real enemies of the club are getting away scott free.

We ALL want the Albion to succeed, both on and off the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here