Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BAHA cannot be a private members'club

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stevegull said:
I do not subscribe to the myth that season ticket holders soley keep the club afloat during summer.

If the majority of season ticket holders decided to renew just before the season started would the club fold during June/July?

The reality is the club would probably fold.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stevegull said:
What do you base that on?

Quite a few other threads that back it up - search this board

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
ENOUGH :angry:

STHs LOVE non-STHs :love:
Non-STHs love STHs:love:

Together, on my keyboard
In PERFECT HARMONY

:whowouldhavethoughtanFAcuptiewouldresultincivilwar.Again:

Last edited:

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
Interested to know if you honestly believe (hand on harty) that to be the case.

BHA would cease to exsist after two months if season ticket holders decided not to renew between june/july or prior to. :ohmy:

andybaha said:
If we are still playing in Div 3 (in old money) or worse how many do you think will turn up to see Cheltenham on a cold, wet Saturday in December? My guess is not many more than would turn up at Withdean.
I think it's a wayward guess though, once we get to Falmer, I intend to bring my family regularly to games, wouldn't dream of it at the moment because of the medieval conditions at Withdean. I think you underestimate just how much Withdean puts off potential fans, even the floaters you champion!

I have no argument with the rest of your post though.

Did have a bit of groan though when I first saw it, nothing to do with you or much of the good sense you wrote, but I just knew it would kick off another ST superfan versus away-regular superfan versus I-don't-go-to-hardly-any-games-and-hey-I'm really-cool-and-daring-saying-that superfan, surely the most creaky and predictable battle of the giants since King Kong bellyflopped all over Godzilla and Mothra for the last time.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Beach Hut is a super fan and don't we all know it

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We have a fan in Piddinghoe? :ohmy: I remember the good old days when they had their own team.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bry Nylon

The best post on this thread. :clap:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Beach Hut said:
It is a basic business that you reward your most loyal customers.

If you ignore that then you may well go out of business.

Surely it is also good business to atract new customers? If you ignore that you will also go out of business!

I really don't care if new fans went to West Ham, I just hope they become regular fans and fill the empty seats at Withdean. Just maybe they are the STHs of the future.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kent Seagull said:
Surely it is also good business to atract new customers? If you ignore that you will also go out of business!

I really don't care if new fans went to West Ham, I just hope they become regular fans and fill the empty seats at Withdean. Just maybe they are the STHs of the future.

Donn't disagree with any of that.

samparish said:
Oh do shut your whining, it's really getting tedious. going on the last time I saw you, you need a haircut too. How exactly are the club alienating all season ticket holders?
Well said.

Beach Hut may not have noticed this, but MOST SEASON TICKET HOLDERS GOT A TICKET FOR WEST HAM and even went to the game.

The small number of season ticket holders who were disappointed with the allocation system are divided into three groups -

1. Those - like Beach Hut - who got a ticket some other way;
2. Those who got over it, because they recognise that a long queue will always leave some people disappointed;
3. A tiny number of terminal whingers.

The whingers need to accept that their gloom-mongering is misplaced.

The reasons that season ticket sales are going down are two-fold:-

1. We are in a lower division than last season;
2. [More importantly] You don't need a season ticket any longer to be assured of a seat.

When we get to Falmer, I might well revert to being a non-season ticket holder. That will be my decision, based on the fact that I prefer the flexibility that paying game-by-game gives. It's nothing to do with how the Club allocates tickets for big games.

In any case, the value to the Club of getting "cash up front" is substantially counterbalanced by the reduction in overall income that heavily discounted prices for season ticket holders deliver.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In any case, the value to the Club of getting "cash up front" is substantially counterbalanced by the reduction in overall income that heavily discounted prices for season ticket holders deliver. [/B]

Must take issue with that and I think that's an odd choice of words.

If the value of selling season tickets was "substantially counter balanced", I'm not sure the club would bother to send renewals out so early and OFFER the discount.

Also for the record the "heavy discount" depends on how you purchase it.

If you wait till the last minute to renew and pay in installments there isn't a massive discount.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Lord Bracknell said:
Well said.

The reasons that season ticket sales are going down are two-fold:-

1. We are in a lower division than last season;
2. [More importantly] You don't need a season ticket any longer to be assured of a seat.

QUOTE]

I don,t disagree on the point above.........but, what we don,t want in the future is a third reason for season ticket sales going down; i.e.

3) Incompetent management by club officials.

Although the situation regarding the tickets for WHU did create much debate on here,......a lot of it was a good opportunity to share a whole range of views (Christ, is there anybody who doesn,t know where everybody stands on this issue now....:lolol: :lolol: ). Result is a review of the ticketing policy in the future.....seems fair enough to me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Martin Perry and Dick Knight should be personally coming around to every season ticket holders home this Spring and giving them a free massage, facial and general pampering including much sucking up and expressing of how wonderful they are imho because they are looking at an exit of 1000 this next season. I cannot state highly enough STH are the life blood of this football club and are the reason we are still surviving. The way they have been treated has been an utter disgrace and there is no benefit to being a lifetime STH to someone who goes to a game once a year and that is totally wrong. I am not renewing my 2 next season and will pick and choose but will think it a disgrace if I get in the same queue as STH for a big game next season. DK is the 2nd best chairman this club has ever had but he and MP have taken their eye off the ball on this one very badly and some serious sucking up needs to be done.

Stevegull said:
What do you base that on?

The club asking us in FEBRUARY or early MARCH to renew Season Tickets might be a clue......I believe that most other clubs wait until the summer months to send out renewal letters:eek:

Some even wait to see what division their club will be playing in before sending out their letters.:ohmy:

That might suggest that our cash flow problems are more acute than most other clubs during the off-season? The club most likely wouldn't fold if STH waited until July to renew but the players might find their pay cheques a bit late arriving...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here