Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BAHA cannot be a private members'club

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
DJ Leon said:
This is a fact, BUT PLEASE REALISE THAT EVERYONE ELSE WHO GOES TO SEE US PLAY ALSO KEEPS US IN BUSINESS.

DO you NOT realise this?

Yes but the critical time seems renewals and a cash requirement in March doesn't it when STH renew - get it now ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rambo said:
I think the most important thing to come out of this thread is that we have established that Beach Hut needs a haircut.

And I had one

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

NB it was only a trim and did not please Mrs Hut

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Beach Hut said:
Sorry but to say we pay early for our seat is complete balderdash !

Why doesn't every club renew in March then ?

It is to keep the club solvent.
If you don't like it then DON'T RENEW. You're not doing the club a favour by having a season ticket. To reiterate what NMH said, you pay for your seat because you want to watch football, do it for anyother reason is just stupid

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH I can't believe this is here again. Balance sheet here is not really the point, it does mean that the money is in before the end of the financial year, probably for a number of accounting reasons. STH are important to the club, but as the starter of this thread said, so are non-STH. I agree with all the posters who have pointed out that STH get the benefit of discount on a match by match basis, and if you are going to go to all the home games then this is more than worth it, if not then people make a call as to whether they can afford it.

My question to STH who are 'saving the club' every year, if the price of a ST was equivalent to paying on a match by match basis with no seat position guaranteed, would you buy a ST? If not the you have just seen th benefit you recieve from buying a season ticket.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Ex-Staffs Gull said:
AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH I can't believe this is here again. Balance sheet here is not really the point, it does mean that the money is in before the end of the financial year, probably for a number of accounting reasons. STH are important to the club, but as the starter of this thread said, so are non-STH. I agree with all the posters who have pointed out that STH get the benefit of discount on a match by match basis, and if you are going to go to all the home games then this is more than worth it, if not then people make a call as to whether they can afford it.

My question to STH who are 'saving the club' every year, if the price of a ST was equivalent to paying on a match by match basis with no seat position guaranteed, would you buy a ST? If not the you have just seen th benefit you recieve from buying a season ticket.

You could also ask how many would have purchased them if they knew how poor the team would be this year?

Beach Hut said:
Sorry but to say we pay early for our seat is complete balderdash !

It is to keep the club solvent.

Jeesus. I said it's up to you, and when the club ask for payment is up to them. You do pay early for your seat. You do.
The reason the club has has no bearing on your reasoning, you do it when they ask, to make sure you get the seat.

The reason for the club, is their business, and you are probably quite right is surmising THEIR reason for what THEY do.

YOU pay EARLY TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A SEAT. bottom line for you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:

Just out of interest, how many send out ST renewals in March, and offer a discount?

As far as your comments about WHU go, here are the broad stats

There are approximately 4,000 STH. Let us say that 80% of them applied for a ticket. Therefore you had a 2500/3200 = 78% chance of a ticket

There are about 11,000 AMS members, according to the Insider, the club stopped counting when 10,000 applications were received in total, so let us say that 7,500 AMS members applied for tickets.

They therefore had a 2,500/7,500 = 33% chance of a successful application.

Some AMS members have been to lots of matches, some have been to one or two, but when you join AMS (just like when you sign up for a ST) THOSE ARE THE RULES, so we accept them.

A STH therefore was 2.36 times more likely to be successful than an AMS member.

YOU stated you would be quite happy for the Albion to only receive 1,000 tickets for Upton Park, PROVIDED that they all went to STH.

This would have meant that only 1,000/3,200 = 31% of STH would have been successful.

Your views are based on spite and envy at other people getting a ticket, and that is why you have provoked such a reaction, very disappointing from a son of a vicar.

E

enigma

El Presidente said:
Just out of interest, how many send out ST renewals in March, and offer a discount?

As far as your comments about WHU go, here are the broad stats

There are approximately 4,000 STH. Let us say that 80% of them applied for a ticket. Therefore you had a 2500/3200 = 78% chance of a ticket

There are about 11,000 AMS members, according to the Insider, the club stopped counting when 10,000 applications were received in total, so let us say that 7,500 AMS members applied for tickets.

They therefore had a 2,500/7,500 = 33% chance of a successful application.

Some AMS members have been to lots of matches, some have been to one or two, but when you join AMS (just like when you sign up for a ST) THOSE ARE THE RULES, so we accept them.

A STH therefore was 2.36 times more likely to be successful than an AMS member.

YOU stated you would be quite happy for the Albion to only receive 1,000 tickets for Upton Park, PROVIDED that they all went to STH.

This would have meant that only 1,000/3,200 = 31% of STH would have been successful.

Your views are based on spite and envy at other people getting a ticket, and that is why you have provoked such a reaction, very disappointing from a son of a vicar.

Spot on.:clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh El Pres you are so patronising that you try to make cheap points about my parents now.

I am the voice of reason for STHs

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:
Oh El Pres you are so patronising that you try to make cheap points about my parents now.

I am the voice of reason for STHs

I have made no points about your parents, the points I make are about you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Presidente said:
I have made no points about your parents, the points I make are about you.

Just cheap shots that are worthless and nothing to do with what we disagree on but to be expected from you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:
Just cheap shots that are worthless and nothing to do with what we disagree on but to be expected from you.

They are not cheap shots at all. I do find it disappointing that you would rather we only had 1,000 tickets for West Ham and they all went to STH's.

To me it is indicative of a person motivated by spite and envy, as this would seem to be the only reason why you would prefer a further 4,000 fans to not receive tickets.

I find your approach inconsistent with a Christian upbringing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Presidente said:
They are not cheap shots at all. I do find it disappointing that you would rather we only had 1,000 tickets for West Ham and they all went to STH's.

To me it is indicative of a person motivated by spite and envy, as this would seem to be the only reason why you would prefer a further 4,000 fans to not receive tickets.

I find your approach inconsistent with a Christian upbringing.

And another one - on form tonight

:lolol: :lolol: :clap2: :clap2:

:bowdown:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Presidente said:
It comes from being a MEDIA PERSONALITY. Us CELEBS have to keep the riff-raff at bay :wave:

Tut-tut.

Losing your touch now

:salute: :salute:

E

enigma

El Presidente said:

Exactly. Surely a proper fan would want 4000 there, whoever they are, as the club would get more money......

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
enigma said:
Exactly. Surely a proper fan would want 4000 there, whoever they are, as the club would get more money......

I guess me and Beachy are just not going to agree on this, I would certainly rather have 5,000 fans than 1,000 STH's at the match, because it would increase the chances of ALL fans to get a ticket.

Beachy however says he is the voice of reason, but he has not stated what his reason is for reducing the Albion contingent at West Ham by 80%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here