Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BAHA cannot be a private members'club

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
andybaha said:
I'm pretty new to North Stand Chat and I am enjoying it immensely. However I find there seems to be incredible competition among some contributors to be the Albion's 'best' fan, and an attitude of contempt towards those fans (if they deserve to call themselves fans) who aren't season ticket holders. I feel some STH resent the pay by game fans. In March this year I will have been attending Albion matches for 35 years. In all this time I have never been a STH. My attendance has varied from every home game in the late 70s to a period of about five years when work committments meant I only got to see the occassional evening game. Currently I attend the majority of home games with my 10 year old son. I have never stopped being a fan though.

Martin Perry is taking some stick for the balls up that was the ticket allocation for West Ham, but deep down the powers that be are breathing a big sigh of relief that thousands of people are still interested. Yes of course those people that show the committment to purchase a season ticket should have been rewarded for their loyalty. But without the thousands of floating fans many of whom don't attend matches on a regular basis, Falmer is going to be a massive white elephant. If we are still playing in Div 3 (in old money) or worse how many do you think will turn up to see Cheltenham on a cold, wet Saturday in December? My guess is not many more than would turn up at Withdean. If we are playing Southampton in the Championship in August the ground hopefully will be heaving and if we draw Man U in the cup, the game could be sold out several times over. What do you know? Football fans are fickle.

But the club need every single one of them, or every single one of us, I guess, as I'm not a STH. For Falmer to be a success Brighton & Hove Albion must stir the interest of the whole community it cannot prosper as a private members' club. The current 4,000 STH are going to have face up to the fact that hopefully they are going to greatly outnumbered at Falmer.

Troublemaker

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
To make it clear that the only STH who get a discount are those who renew before the end of March.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
LB the point you make is irrelevant as all STH should have had the option but as usual this is ignored everytime.

Face facts - if the policy needs to be changed it doesn't work.

Lord Bracknell said:

The reasons that season ticket sales are going down are two-fold:-

1. We are in a lower division than last season;
2. [More importantly] You don't need a season ticket any longer to be assured of a seat.

You forgot #3: Value for money.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Beach Hut said:
Clearly another person who has no concept of business.

Please don't talk about 'knowing business', there is a good argument for trying to attract new customers as well you know. There are only 3,500 - 4,000 STH. We need new people to come to games.

And in agreeance with other posters this is really tedious now. Either don't renew your ST or just shut up. Please.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Yorkie said:
To make it clear that the only STH who get a discount are those who renew before the end of March.

No true. A ST give you a discount on ticket prices. The extent of that discount is based upon when you renew.

andybaha said:
Contributors to this seem to be falling into two categories with their opinions

1)STH are heroes, non STH don't deserve anything
or
2)STH are self righteous

Kind of backing up the point I was making in the first place.

The business aspect of this is surely striking a balance. STH need to be kept happy, otherwise who pays the wages this summer. But alienate all the other potential fans and Falmer cannot work on crowds of 4,000.

The idea that STH's are doing the club a big favour by committing to the seats, as opposed to the CLUB doing the STH's a favour by guaranteeing them a seat at a reduced per-match price, is a concept in question.

In a balanced world, neither OWES anything more than the contract entered into at time of purchase, and all the contesting of the contract surely has been made redundant by the print - large and small - in the contract.

The true and unpoken contract that we ALL enter into, is that our PLAYERS put their best professional effort into the games. If they are having an off-day, or their opposition has them in their pocket - then fair enough, and it's then we look to the manager to act upon it.
That's the contract I care more about anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
DJ Leon said:
Please don't talk about 'knowing business', there is a good argument for trying to attract new customers as well you know. There are only 3,500 - 4,000 STH. We need new people to come to games.

And in agreeance with other posters this is really tedious now. Either don't renew your ST or just shut up. Please.

Yes the club needs to attract more STH and also keep hold of the ones they have got.

Yes it is tedious and some of the counter arguements are pathetic and totally wrong.

I will renew and also argue the toss as many of you are wrong.

Beach Hut said:
LB the point you make is irrelevant as all STH should have had the option but as usual this is ignored everytime.
No they bloody SHOULDN'T !!

Regular fans who pay game by game are just as deserving.

Beach Hut said:
Face facts - if the policy needs to be changed it doesn't work.
It was changed after the Spurs game. It's now being changed again after the West Ham game.

If it ends up looking like the disgraceful mess that was the proposal for selling tickets if there had been a replay, it'll need to be changed again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NMH said:
The true and unpoken contract that we ALL enter into, is that our PLAYERS put their best professional effort into the games. If they are having an off-day, or their opposition has them in their pocket - then fair enough, and it's then we look to the manager to act upon it.
That's the contract I care more about anyway.

Does that mean we can sue the club for breach of contract for the gutless capitulation v Stoke City at the tail end of last season? ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lord Bracknell said:

It was changed after the Spurs game. It's now being changed again after the West Ham game.

If it ends up looking like the disgraceful mess that was the proposal for selling tickets if there had been a replay, it'll need to be changed again.

Wrong as STH who pay up front keep the club in business, why do we renew that early ?

second point I agree, worst proposal ever - FACT

Tom Hark said:
Does that mean we can sue the club for breach of contract for the gutless capitulation v Stoke City at the tail end of last season? ???

I don't know - but it SHOULD mean that.
I think the subsequent dismissal of a culpable member of the staff overseeing that particular game, was an eventual action on behalf of the fans.

I shall keep my ticket stub from that match, just in case it gives me some future privilege.

Last edited:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Lord Bracknell said:

Absolutely. As much as I want to be above this kind of thing, when the next big match comes and I don't get a ticket, I will raise HELL and will encourage others like me to do the same. Beach Hut has shown how to get things changed and I hope that by the 3rd or 4th time we change things he realises that he's wrong and the best model is not the one where he ALWAYS gets a ticket.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Beach Hut said:
Wrong as STH who pay up front keep the club in business

This is a fact, BUT PLEASE REALISE THAT EVERYONE ELSE WHO GOES TO SEE US PLAY ALSO KEEPS US IN BUSINESS.

DO you NOT realise this?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
DJ Leon said:
As much as I want to be above this kind of thing, when the next big match comes and I don't get a ticket, I will raise HELL and will encourage others like me to do the same.

Glad you appreciate how I and many other STH felt about this nonsense

Beach Hut said:
Wrong as STH who pay up front keep the club in business, why do we renew that early ?

That's up to the club, and up to the buyer as separate entities. You pay early to ensure you get the seat. You needn't bother thinking "I am paying for this ST now to keep the club in business", you only need to consider "I want to pay to ensure I keep my seat, and save some dosh on a per-game basis, as league football is my sport and BHA is the team I want to watch"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
NMH said:
That's up to the club, and up to the buyer as separate entities. You pay early to ensure you get the seat. You needn't bother thinking "I am paying for this ST now to keep the club in business", you only need to consider "I want to pay to ensure I keep my seat, and save some dosh on a per-game basis, as league football is my sport and BHA is the team I want to watch"

Sorry but to say we pay early for our seat is complete balderdash !

Why doesn't every club renew in March then ?

It is to keep the club solvent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here