Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Asylum Seekers Working In Shop

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If it is the population Looney is on about the figures have remained fairly static in this country for years.

As many people have emigrated as immigrated.

My generation (the Baby Boomers) are nearly ready to retire and need youngsters working and paying taxes to keep our pensions going.

In Italy they are now asking people to have more children because the average population is ageing.

looney said:
when feminists turned Nursing into a proffesion it sythed away 70% of potential recruits.

Or, alternatively, when patriarchal society defined care as a task for females, nursing lost 50% of possible recruits. I know, something of a simplification, but considerably less so (and considerably more sensible) than looney's loony point.

Looney, repeatedly you have claimed on this board that you are not interested in politics, don't know much about it, etc. So why do you continue to spout nonsense about it?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
fatbadger said:
Or, alternatively, when patriarchal society defined care as a task for females, nursing lost 50% of possible recruits. I know, something of a simplification, but considerably less so (and considerably more sensible) than looney's loony point.

Looney, repeatedly you have claimed on this board that you are not interested in politics, don't know much about it, etc. So why do you continue to spout nonsense about it?

its the new bad ass looney back in town:lolol:

he's about as hardcore as confessions of milkman these days though

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
fatbadger said:

you think thats a sensible point? -50% then minus 2/3rds is a very smalll pool. 16%. Thats the most accurate allowing for your weird definitions, like patriarchy.

I haven't claimed I am not intrested in politics, all i said was I am not a political animal. Its not nonsense, it seams to leave most of the seasoned leftist bullshitters floundering. Now LB is barking on about old people.?!

I'm not "barking on about old people".

I'm raising the question of where the workforce will be recruited, if we need more people in work to support an aging population.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
I'm not "barking on about old people".

I'm raising the question of where the workforce will be recruited, if we need more people in work to support an aging population.

So you would rather ship people in rather than tackle the 1.5 million unemployed? OK.:nono:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
looney said:
So you would rather ship people in rather than tackle the 1.5 million unemployed? OK.:nono:

what do you propose then looney? round up the jobless with batons? have dwayne* and dwaynetta looking after your folks if need be?:nono:

*unless of course he can keep up payments on his range rover

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No country ever has 0% unemployed, and if it happened it wouldn't actually be good for the economy, ask any economist boffin. There are plenty of jobs available in this country, but many of the long term unemployed in this country will not take them. The only people who will are the poorest- which frequently applies to immigrants. Who else is going to clean the aircraft so you can go on holiday Looney? Who else is going to dump the onions and horsemeat in your doner kebab on a Friday night? Who else will spend their nights stacking shelves in Budgen?

Germany has over 6 million unemployed, now that's a number to be worried about. It's hardly rampant in this country at just over a million so I don't think we can claim "asylum seekers are taking all our jobs". They are, frankly, taking the jobs most people will gladly give them, and I don't begrudge anyone that.

And as for complaining because two guys in a place of work happen to converse in their own language from time to time...i know plenty of people who've done IT contracting in Holland and Germany over the last few years, and I don't remember any of them learning Dutch or German for a minute.

Ah, looney, looney, looney. You bang on about 'freedom' all the time, but you refuse to grant the freedom to move to human beings. It's a standard modern right-wing perspective - goods must have freedom to move across borders, services must have the freedom to move across borders, and capital must be able to move across borders. But people? Nah - not them.

Good to know what you care about, isn't it? Money, goods, services - but not humans.

Pathetic.

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
looney said:
1 when feminists turned Nursing into a proffesion it sythed away 70% of potential recruits.

Feminists turned Nursing into a profession...?! When? How?

BTW - Who was it who said that 86% of all statistics were made up??

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
fatbadger said:
Ah, looney, looney, looney. You bang on about 'freedom' all the time, but you refuse to grant the freedom to move to human beings. It's a standard modern right-wing perspective - goods must have freedom to move across borders, services must have the freedom to move across borders, and capital must be able to move across borders. But people? Nah - not them.

Good to know what you care about, isn't it? Money, goods, services - but not humans.

Pathetic.

Just let me shoot down this old hat leftist drivel, goods capital etc do not require health care, food, somewhere to live, work etc.

I am in favour of freedom to move about and yes I do beleive in sensible levels of immigration. The problems stem when to many people want to head for the same place, English now the world language so go figure it out.

Got any more BS you want shot down?

Edna, I am familiar with the so called natural rate of unemployment, if its 5% why not get it down to 0.5%. Why not generate a system where by immigrants are sucked in(Which to an exstent they are) rather than relying on some hyper abstract economic theory?

AP
Dont be stupid dwayne is a middle class comedy charactor.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
ChutneyStirrer said:
Feminists turned Nursing into a profession...?! When? How?

When labour got bushwacked by their middle class feminists.

How, by making Nursing a middle class profession(Graduate).

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
My mother is a retired nursing assistant, she's Spanish, she did the jobs that no right thinking English person would do, without the likes of her, this country would be up shit creek without a paddle. Father is un-skilled, retired labour. Me ... ex -serviceman,University educated, friends from most social and ethinic groups ... Lived in the midlands ... hardest workers asians, the worst ..close run thing between the brits and the ... errr brits. The health service pays crap, the only people that will work for those wages tend to be of immigrant extraction .. why? because those jobs are still seen as having a social standing. Why train to be a nurse when you can earn more money picking your nose, sod the standing take the money.

Your not a young Tory are you .. if not you should be :lolol:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't say the brits are the laziest, try Irish tinkers.

Cant be bothered to argue a won battle, plus ive found tons of bondage pics.:p

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
slave09.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here