Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Asylum Seekers Working In Shop

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe they are not asylum seekers- maybe they have been granted asylum already and are therefore here perfectly legitimately. Or they could be completely legal immigrants. The term asylum seeker is used far too broadly, and nearly always in a derogatory manner.

And as for taking British jobs- I honestly don't see that many British people frantically queuing up to work in Budgen, Lidl, Burger King, or any one of thousands of kebab shops around the country.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Gunter, you seem to be on your own on this one. There may well be some people on here who agree with you, but hopefully not many, and they are not jumping to your defence.

Your list shows a mix of religions and nationalities, and some of the people working there may actually be British despite being "hindus" or pakistanis. And I am absolutely certain that immigration into Britain in this century has had a massively positive effect on the economy and culture of Britain, and I am happy that we live in such a multicultural, multiracial place.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
oh, i didn't realise you were suggesting that at all gunter. as a previous poster said maybe you should brush up on your english!

i think the argument that they are taking british jobs is absurd seeing as no british people can ever be arsed to do the jobs these people do. i have a friend who is a recruitment consultant. guess which people turn up at 4 in the morning to go pack meals at gatwick or clean other people's shit up. a mixed bag they are, but there certainly ain't a queue of british born and bred unemployed waiting, even though there is work there.

now, where can i get one of these lucky donkey's hooves?:)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So if they don't work they're "sponging off the state" and if they do work they're "taking our jobs". What sort of logic is that?

Now if you want a viable discussion about foreigners taking our jobs how about the fact that companies are now routinely outsourcing IT and Call Centre jobs to India?

Obviously Budgens are letting their customers down by recruiting staff.

But what can we do? It's clear as the nose on your face... vote Tory.

But hold on. Aren't they the mob who have just replaced their English leader with a Transylvanian Welshman?

Come back Michael Portillo, I say.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Lord Bracknell said:
Obviously Budgens are letting their customers down by recruiting staff.

But what can we do? It's clear as the nose on your face... vote Tory.

But hold on. Aren't they the mob who have just replaced their English leader with a Transylvanian Welshman?

Come back Michael Portillo, I say.

didn't his (spanish) dad or grandad fight on the republican's side in the spanish civil war?

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Makes you wonder whether anyone ever wonders WHY people seek asylum in this - or any other - country? Presumably because they really, really wanted to work in Budgens, but there just wasn't a branch local to them in their home country?

Can't say I believe that just being born a citizen of a country which receives asylum seekers actually qualifies any of us to judge their circumstances. Surely, to have people take your views seriously you'd need to have first learnt about the situation, then used morality and objectivity to evaluate it? Difficult to see any evidence of that in the knee-jerk shite you sometimes come across about "coming over here, taking our jobs... lazy, dirty, don't speak proper English...", etc (older folks may recognise the terminology!).

f*** it, rant over, I'm off for a lie-down in a darkened room...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
To put into another context because I want to return to Sussex I have brought a Yorkshireman down to Newhaven to work when there are plenty of engineering jobs in Yorkshire.

Is he denying a Sussex born engineer a job?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
fatbadger said:
His dad was a leading intellectual in the Republican movement, who sought asylum from the Franco government.

cheers fb. my godfather also sought asylum from franco in london. i am NOT related to michael portillo though, even though i have mentioned him in two separate threads today

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Deano's Right Foot said:
And I am absolutely certain that immigration into Britain in this century has had a massively positive effect on the economy and culture of Britain, and I am happy that we live in such a multicultural, multiracial place.

Ok i'll stick up for gunter. Your happy you live in such a "multi-cultral" "multi-racial" place?

Tell me, exactly what place is that?

As for the take jobs and scrounge dole arguement.

To me I find it bizaare that the party that wants to crank up the supply of labour by sexual "equality" and mass immigration is also the party that passes laws that if anything will constrain jobs growth or destroy jobs.

Mass job creation requires a cruder form of Capitalism that makes lefties squeel, it also puts downward pressure on real wages. The same in reverse is true of the tories.

The steal jobs/dole arguement although couched in derogatory terms is possible if or when there are not enough jobs for everyone.

Scarcity tends to increase social tensions/unrest. If I wanted to cause racial strife i'd follow an old labour agenda which isn't to far from what this government is doing.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Personally I think your all white middle class hypocrites. Who here lives in an are with more than 25% ethnics?

Not in Sussex.

FTR
Post neo-classical endogenous growth theory means mass immigration.

Nice of Gordon Brown to spell things out clearly.

I have no sympathy for the left as long as arguements about immigration are couched in deceit and abuse. True immigration has had a positive effect for well over 200 years, this does not mean that it will continue in this manner. I would say we are reaching the limits now.

Wondered why your always stuck in traffic jams? =overpopulation.
Especially in the South East.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The point?

Adding some rational input to a rather one-sided arguement.

So how many here live in a Multi-cult-racial area?

Btw
I'm in Acton.

Smell a lot of left wing ignorance and hypocracy here today, or maybe its just the new middle class that fled the cities.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
looney said:
Personally I think your all white middle class hypocrites. Who here lives in an are with more than 25% ethnics?

Not in Sussex.

I do but I didn't understand the rest of the post ???

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
ive just read thru this thread, and i'm slightly confused.

i first thought GUNTER was praising budgens for having multi- cultural staff. but it appears he's annoyed that these dirty migrants are taking our jobs.

if this is the whole asylum seekers sponging off the state argument, then why is he praising said spongers for working 'bloody hard'?

i am confused.

p.s. if any afgahni dole scum are reading this they are welcome to 'my' job in budgens, as i have to say its not something i particularly aspire to.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
looney said:
The point?

Adding some rational input to a rather one-sided arguement.

So how many here live in a Multi-cult-racial area?

Btw
I'm in Acton.

Smell a lot of left wing ignorance and hypocracy here today, or maybe its just the new middle class that fled the cities.

Righto.

So are you saying that as many people on here (including me, Brighton is probably still about 95% white) live in thses middle class areas we can not really have a view on the employment of racial minorities?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here