Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Asylum Seekers Working In Shop

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eh? Read the article.
Managing director Ron Longstaff said: "There is a surplus of skilled nurses available, there are not the jobs available here for them locally.

"If they are deployed into the UK in two years time they will come back with skills and knowledge that they have acquired that will benefit the system here, and not detract from the system."

If the jobs don't exist in the Filipines, how can it be a bad thing that they're getting jobs over here?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Where do I start?

I left this thread as I had to go to work this afternoon. I will try to answer some of the questions on the board.

Yes, Britian still has a shotage of nurses, especally qualified. There are only RNs (Registered Nurses) being trained at present. These are taking the Diploma or Degree route into the profession.
My Fillipino colleagues are very skilled and the majority hold degrees, and as we have a skills shortage they have made up some of the deficit in healthcare at present. Many have settled locally and brought their loved ones here as well. These too have taken jobs, and therefore are paying taxes into the exchequer.

It takes a miniumum of three years to train a nurse. the numbers are slowly comming to an improved level. However, on training, Student Nurses are doubly policed. If they fail an exam twice, or do not complete university work, they are off the course. If they their knowledge is felt to be substandard on the wards, and they do not get their skills inventory up to standard, or have no people skills, they are off the course.

Your article from the BBC, is woefuly out of date. The RCN, in conjunction with the Philipine government, has agreed not to take any more nurses from their system. It is also from 1999. I would have been not allowed to use that in an argument.

The making of the middle class nurse also made me chuckle. Nurses do, and have to come from a wide diversty of the public. They have to communicate with all members of the public that are in their care.

Lord Bracknell also touched on another point. I read that his relatives were nurses. I strongly suspect that they wished and were hopefully respected as professionals. A nurse is never of duty as per part of the NMC (Nursing And Midwifery Council) code of conduct. If someone knocks on my door, or I see an incident I have to attend, and do the best of my ablity.

Many posters have also touched on the "Baby Boomers" that are now getting older. They are now getting older and are starting to use services that are taken for granted. One these need to be paid for. Whilst, secondly, the children born in the sixties have or are not having children early. Therefore there is a shortfall in the exchequer, which in turn pays for every service we all use. The immigrant workforce is now paying ito our tax system, thus keeping our taxes at a lower level.

If there is anything I missed, please let me know.

looney said:
UK 800 miles long, English speakers 4 billion.

The latter point being due to the most unsustainable and exploitative emigration process in history, but that's a process that has been repeatedly defended by yourself on this board on many an occasion, isn't it?

Once again, I am pleased to see the humanism that exists amongst posters on this board. looney and his fellow ideological right-wingers well and truly get a pasting when they try this sort of nonsense on, and it warms my heart.:clap:

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
My head hurts, Gunter what was you're point again?

Anyway get all those falsly claiming income support, sickness benefit either on the unemplyed list or get a job you scrounging gets, be what ever colour or creed you are!

How many 16 year girls you see running around with all their tacky gold and a sprog or two in tow? The council give them a house, our taxes pay for their every need, need a loan - DSS or whatever it's called these days, here yah go £1000, pay it back when you get a job - HA!

Lost your giro slip, here is another one, we can't be arsed to find out if you cashed the other one - FACT!

This minority may not be hear in good old white sussex by the sea, but your taxes pay those in poorer areas of the country!

BTW looney may I ask - what is you Doctors name or your dentists?

Mine or both Patel!! both speak better English than I do, and good luck to them - those that work and pay there taxes - FINE! those that are sick and "really" can't work - fine here is my tax contribution for the month!

THOSE WHO ARE TAKING THE PISS, send them all to Iraq to rebuild a country - oh but who will pay for that - oh f*** here we go again....

Nurses, god bless them - I don't care who they are, if the day ever comes when I need my bollocks sewn back on, then let's hope they are there to do it!!

This medication for stress really is working, I can talk drivel for ages and none of it bothers me..... woohooo!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
jmc said:

Nurses, god bless them - I don't care who they are, if the day ever comes when I need my bollocks sewn back on, then let's hope they are there to do it!!

can i ask what your hobbies are jmc?:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here