Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus having a pop at Dick Knight

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would assume that this a knock at me. At no time have I ever said that he does want to be Chairman just suggested that as time has moved on his views may have changed, they may not, but has anybody asked him recently. TLO has catergorically stated that he doesn't wish to be chairman and who are we to question what TLO says as he is special to the club and everyody within or so it appears from his comments.

I have stated my view and stick by it whether it be David Gold or another we will not prosper and reach any great heights without a large investment of cash and I am sure that in your professional capacity you would not advise anybody to put in the amount that we require without them having control over its use.

f*** off, Brian. :tosser:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
164972.jpg

I have a white one of these for Golf...does that make me a "bobble hatter"?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Mike bamber?
Sold half our cup final ticket allocation to Manchester Utd and bought players and paid salaries that we couldn't afford. A slightly sleazy minor Peter Ridsdale with none of the challenges - like the small matter of, erm, not having a ground to play in - that the current regime have had to contend with. But who gives a shit when there's money to be sniffed...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bamber and Knight are up there as the best but the Falmer delivery just tips Knight into the greatest ever BHAFC chairman in my book

The rest

Here

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Right, well, for a start, we are talking about different people, because the bobble-hatters I am thinking of don't post on here.

Secondly, of course I want new investment. But the same token, I also want the Board of Directors to be as accessible to the fans as Dick Knight has been - any fans would. That's not bobble-hattedness, that's common sense. Dickis arguably the most accessible chairman in the Football League, and a continuing dialogue with the fans is only ever going to be a good thing. I have spoken to Dick on many occasions (as have the majority on here), and I always feel that I am allowed to say what I want and be listened to with courtesy and respect. Whether anything ever comes of it is a different matter.

I would suspect that in any negotiations with a new investor, many things will be discussed. The relationship with the fans is one of them, and Dick would almost certainly encourage any new investor to be as open and honest with the fans as is possible. Whether that investor does anything about it is another matter, but as a fan, I also suspect Dick would want to hand the reins over to someone he believes the fans can trust - not just the first investor with a wedge of cash and a personal manner that would make a monkey blush. That, ultimately would be self-defeating.

As for those who want credit for 'saving the club', well... they need not worry. I am sure their names are not going to disappear from view just yet.

So seeing as we are clearly talking about different people who we claim to be 'booble-hatters', who on here has expressed concern (sorry, who is fretting) about new investors (apart from NMH who is certainly NOT a booble-hatter)?

YES...........................

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sold half our cup final ticket allocation to Manchester Utd and bought players and paid salaries that we couldn't afford. A slightly sleazy minor Peter Ridsdale with none of the challenges - like the small matter of, erm, not having a ground to play in - that the current regime have had to contend with. But who gives a shit when there's money to be sniffed...

Stop fretting communist.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So, Mr Q, you were making it up all along.

Should have spotted that at the outset I suppose, shouldn't I?

:D You cannot even get a proper bobble hat nowadays. I liked the bobbles they had in the sixties and seventies.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
f*** off, Brian. :tosser:

Not a very educated reply I at least expected you to put up some form of defence as it was you that stated that Derek Chapman DOES NOT WANT TO BE CHAIRMAN.

I only suggested that his views may possibly have changed. They may not, he may feel that it would be a betrayal to DK to make a suggestion like that, unlike Ray Blloom who as past history has shown, is prepared to nail his flag to what ever ship appears to be riding the tide best.

Bobble hatters is a general term given to the sycophants who will not hear a word against anyone connected with the club. If
I'm now getting very confused.

"Sycophants who will not hear a word against anyone connected with the club"?

Most of the people I had down as hardcore "bobble hats" have in fact been banned by the club at some stage in the past for not only hearing words against people connected with the club, but saying those words and spreading them.

Not a very educated reply I at least expected you to put up some form of defence as it was you that stated that Derek Chapman DOES NOT WANT TO BE CHAIRMAN.

I only suggested that his views may possibly have changed. They may not, he may feel that it would be a betrayal to DK to make a suggestion like that, unlike Ray Blloom who as past history has shown, is prepared to nail his flag to what ever ship appears to be riding the tide best.
From what I understand, BG, Derek Chapman is currently nailing HIS flag very firmly to Dick Knight's mast.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm now getting very confused.

"Sycophants who will not hear a word against anyone connected with the club"?

Most of the people I had down as hardcore "bobble hats" have in fact been banned by the club at some stage in the past for not only hearing words against people connected with the club, but saying those words and spreading them.

Are you talking about the bobble hatters who take packed lunches on the coach to away games or the bobble hatters who dont. Totally different.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Well, it wasn't very educated to put that I am 'special to the club' and I'm not to be questioned. In fact, it was a f***ing infantile thing to put - hence the appropriate response.

I don't need a defence to what Derek told me. If you don't believe me, that's up to you. It could be that Chapman is lying to me, in which case I've been made a mug of...

You're not going to believe this, but they're not all power-hungry nutcases on the board. I last had a conversation with Derek in July, and, though he didn't mention anything specific about the board, what he was saying (it was something separate but still relevant - and no, I can't put it on here) indicated he still has no intention of being chairman.

The reasons he doesn't want to be chairman haven't changed one jot since he first put his hand in his pocket - he doesn't have the time or the inclination.

Are you talking about the bobble hatters who take packed lunches on the coach to away games or the bobble hatters who dont. Totally different.
Dunno. I've never been on a coach to an away game - apart from two trips that Superphil organised (to Rotherham and Swansea) - both of which were well stocked with packed lunches of the liquid variety.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here