Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus having a pop at Dick Knight

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So anyone who isn't a slightly simpleheaded cretin who'll be happy for the club drop their kex for anyone with a few quid is a "licker". OK. I'm so glad we've sorted that out.

The last time the Argus was running around undermining our chairman, it was for that repulsive little scraping of nobcheese who ran health clubs whose name escapes me. I don't think Brighton's only newspaper's standing among many Albion fans has fully recovered since that other tawdry little episode. Shame these lessons never seem to get learnt.

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
That wins the ''Naive Post of the day award''

I have the utmost respect for what DK has done for he Albion but if this club is to move to a higher level then it has to face up to a few facts.
All the top clubs get bought. Their investers do not get onboard and harp on about who saved who and who did what in the gory years. There are many who have done their bit................ so what move on................ you cannot name a stand after all of them.
As for opportunism, well I would rather have a rich opportunist in the coming years than a pennyless board. They have done wonders but a new era is dawning and its time to court the money men.

Don't forget to tug your forelock and doff your cap, Mr Q.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That wins the ''Naive Post of the day award''

I have the utmost respect for what DK has done for he Albion...*snip*
Yes but you're a very dull, insignificant little racist whose underpowered opinions are worth far less than your substantial used tissue collection currently sitting on your bedside. Go and support Chelsea.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There are people who are worrying about any new regime or change as they envisage an altered relationship with any incoming man or board. It wont be so cosy.
They think that the closer relationship the fans have with the club now will disapear. They will probably be right. Thats how it works with most of the big name chairmen. I doubt if any new man would be that interested in whether someone walked half a mile to a labour party conference or put leaflets through peoples doors which I am sorry to say had no bearing whatsoever in the yes vote for Falmer.
I can see why you call yourself 'Questions' - as opposed to, say, 'Answers'.

You were asked where your evidence of the 'bobble-hatters' was that they are fretting. All you did was pretty much repeat your previous post re-iterating the fact they are fretting.

You're not necessarily wrong about this, and it may even be the case that they are fretting. But seeing as we all know the individuals we're talking about, have you asked them if they are fretting, or indeed, what their opinions are about a possible new investor?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We have bobble hat wearer at our club? Coooooool - Arthur will be impressed..

jukeboxpage_19.gif

jukeboxpage_20.gif

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes but you're a very dull, insignificant little racist whose underpowered opinions are worth far less than your substantial used tissue collection currently sitting on your bedside. Go and support Chelsea.

I thought I was on your ignore list.

Blimey, used tissues by my bed, racist views.
Thats told me I`m off to the Bridge Fatboy.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
DK hasn't said he wouldn't talk to Gold about investing in the club, just that Gold hasn't contacted him about it. Which means the Argus' speculation, and some people's reactions, is much ado about nothing. I heard an interview with Gold on 5 Live some time ago when he made some what seemed to me to be thinly veiled references to the Albion, and the Argus didn't pick up on it then, so why now? My view? He's definitely a football fan who appears to be well liked and respected by Blues supporters for what he has done there. Shall we just wait and see?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can see why you call yourself 'Questions' - as opposed to, say, 'Answers'.

You were asked where your evidence of the 'bobble-hatters' was that they are fretting. All you did was pretty much repeat your previous post re-iterating the fact they are fretting.

You're not necessarily wrong about this, and it may even be the case that they are fretting. But seeing as we all know the individuals we're talking about, have you asked them if they are fretting, or indeed, what their opinions are about a possible new investor?

What individuals ? LB thinks I am talking about him but he is paranoid.

Bobble hatters is a general term given to the sycophants who will not hear a word against anyone connected with the club. If Dick knight asked them to sell programmes dressed in the nude ...............they would.
I do not put LB in that box.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Bobble hatters is a general term given to the sycophants who will not hear a word against anyone connected with the club. If Dick knight asked them to sell programmes dressed in the nude ...............they would.
Sorry, wot? Lord Bracknell does NOT think he is part of the crowd, nor is he part of that crowd. I'm afraid you've got that bit completely wrong.

I (and he) know exactly who you mean when you refer to bobble-hatters.

So - are you going to answer the question? Are the bobble-hatters fretting? Have you actually asked the bobble-hatters what their opinion is about new investors?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dick Knight is the greatest chairman this club has ever had and anyone who says differently will have me to answer to.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sorry, wot? Lord Bracknell does NOT think he is part of the crowd, nor is he part of that crowd. I'm afraid you've got that bit completely wrong.

I (and he) know exactly who you mean when you refer to bobble-hatters.

So - are you going to answer the question? Are the bobble-hatters fretting? Have you actually asked the bobble-hatters what their opinion is about new investors?

Read their views on here. I am talking on a wider scale than that though. I am for new investment, are you. You will have very little say in who comes aboard and nor will I but there are some who think that we can carry on without any others coming alongside but they are wrong and they are fretting because they love that feeling that they 'Saved' the club and that gives them a special place at the moment that might be overlooked if a new board come along.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
what an interesting thread.

I have learnt that Derek Chapman although having stated he doesn't want to be chairman may actually want to.

I would assume that this a knock at me. At no time have I ever said that he does want to be Chairman just suggested that as time has moved on his views may have changed, they may not, but has anybody asked him recently. TLO has catergorically stated that he doesn't wish to be chairman and who are we to question what TLO says as he is special to the club and everyody within or so it appears from his comments.

I have stated my view and stick by it whether it be David Gold or another we will not prosper and reach any great heights without a large investment of cash and I am sure that in your professional capacity you would not advise anybody to put in the amount that we require without them having control over its use.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would assume that this a knock at me. At no time have I ever said that he does want to be Chairman just suggested that as time has moved on his views may have changed, they may not, but has anybody asked him recently. TLO has catergorically stated that he doesn't wish to be chairman and who are we to question what TLO says as he is special to the club and everyody within or so it appears from his comments.

I have stated my view and stick by it whether it be David Gold or another we will not prosper and reach any great heights without a large investment of cash and I am sure that in your professional capacity you would not advise anybody to put in the amount that we require without them having control over its use.

That makes sense to me. Do you have used tissues by your bed as well.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Read their views on here. I am talking on a wider scale than that though. I am for new investment, are you. You will have very little say in who comes aboard and nor will I but there are some who think that we can carry on without any others coming alongside but they are wrong and they are fretting because they love that feeling that they 'Saved' the club and that gives them a special place at the moment that might be overlooked if a ew board come along.

Who's views? This is starting to sound like some random posts on an internet chat site, as well as some little old lady in the street that you overheard whilst waiting for the 2A to Rottingdean....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

What an absolute sack of shit. From the moment you found this site you've done nothing but sneer and gripe at people from whom you're not fit to wipe the chagnuts from their arses.

Look at you now - banging on boringly about "bobble hatters" but too COWARDLY to name names. Which is fine because we all know what a bore you are; but don't try telling us that the likes of Lord Bracknell are NOT the sort of people you're referring to. Because they are. And now you're scurrying away from your original definition to one which actually sounds even more ridiculous. As if the "bobble hatters" as defined in this quote could ever be "running scared" of a potential new invester. What a prize plum you are.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So anyone who isn't a slightly simpleheaded cretin who'll be happy for the club drop their kex for anyone with a few quid is a "licker". OK. I'm so glad we've sorted that out.

The last time the Argus was running around undermining our chairman, it was for that repulsive little scraping of nobcheese who ran health clubs whose name escapes me. I don't think Brighton's only newspaper's standing among many Albion fans has fully recovered since that other tawdry little episode. Shame these lessons never seem to get learnt.

Purdew?

Or something like that

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Read their views on here. I am talking on a wider scale than that though. I am for new investment, are you. You will have very little say in who comes aboard and nor will I but there are some who think that we can carry on without any others coming alongside but they are wrong and they are fretting because they love that feeling that they 'Saved' the club and that gives them a special place at the moment that might be overlooked if a ew board come along.
Right, well, for a start, we are talking about different people, because the bobble-hatters I am thinking of don't post on here.

Secondly, of course I want new investment. But the same token, I also want the Board of Directors to be as accessible to the fans as Dick Knight has been - any fans would. That's not bobble-hattedness, that's common sense. Dickis arguably the most accessible chairman in the Football League, and a continuing dialogue with the fans is only ever going to be a good thing. I have spoken to Dick on many occasions (as have the majority on here), and I always feel that I am allowed to say what I want and be listened to with courtesy and respect. Whether anything ever comes of it is a different matter.

I would suspect that in any negotiations with a new investor, many things will be discussed. The relationship with the fans is one of them, and Dick would almost certainly encourage any new investor to be as open and honest with the fans as is possible. Whether that investor does anything about it is another matter, but as a fan, I also suspect Dick would want to hand the reins over to someone he believes the fans can trust - not just the first investor with a wedge of cash and a personal manner that would make a monkey blush. That, ultimately would be self-defeating.

As for those who want credit for 'saving the club', well... they need not worry. I am sure their names are not going to disappear from view just yet.

So seeing as we are clearly talking about different people who we claim to be 'booble-hatters', who on here has expressed concern (sorry, who is fretting) about new investors (apart from NMH who is certainly NOT a booble-hatter)?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here