Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to the Falmer Forum at Hove Town Hall on Tuesday?

Will you be at the Falmer Forum on Tuesday

• Yes

Votes: 73 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Hang on ........just off to the other thread to get some info!!

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
You are joking surely ?

Doubt it very much. As someone who's 'rebuilt' this board (or whatever it is you do with these things), I'm sure Arthur would know this sort of thing.

(can you PM me who it is, I'm very bored and feel I need to know)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What a poor misguided soul.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Doubt it very much. As someone who's 'rebuilt' this board (or whatever it is you do with these things), I'm sure Arthur would know this sort of thing.

(can you PM me who it is, I'm very bored and feel I need to know)

Well if that is the case perhaps we should all know then.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oooooh I have ruffled a few feathers haven't I!

Right to defend my corner.

Easy 10, Perry has regularly said things like we will be playing at Falmer at the start of X (insert date here) season. He told me and about 20 other Hastings based supporters at Hastings United football club that he firmly expected the club to be playing league football at Falmer at the start of the 2008/09 season. Now I know we aren't there yet, but I'm pretty sure we won't be playing at Falmer come the start of next season. Also how many times have we been told the funding is in place for the new ground, only now to be told we are "confident" of it being in place??

Beach hut, go and ask Martin Perry if the lottery were asked for cash. Watch him clam up! Also no NSC clique?? Why then have several of a few of the more frequent posters got together and created alter-egos such as Bars Mar? You know who you are you sad sad people (they're not kids either!).

ROSM, the club approached the lottery directly, not an organisation funded by the lottery. I'm not going to name names and drop anyone in it (although it's come out on here several times recently) but Martin Perry wanted it kept under wraps because it made the club look like they don't have the funding in place for the new ground......which I think it quite obvious that they don't!

Lord B, the delays are due to LDC's objections but any board worth their clout would have been able to see them off with no problems. Look how quickly Arsenal got Ashburton Grove built. Oh and patsy - Definitions from Dictionary.com
f***ing hell, where do you start with such crock of shit?

One, Martin Perry has NEVER said that the funding is in place, for one simple reason. It isn't in place yet.

To compare Arsenal's situation and Brighton's situation is farcical. Lewes DC tried to do that as well - perhaps your line of thinking is the same as theirs. And look how far it got them.

Perhaps you can tell us how the club could have reacted better to the situation?

Ta.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Oooooh I have ruffled a few feathers haven't I!

Right to defend my corner.

ROSM, the club approached the lottery directly, not an organisation funded by the lottery. I'm not going to name names and drop anyone in it (although it's come out on here several times recently) but Martin Perry wanted it kept under wraps because it made the club look like they don't have the funding in place for the new ground......which I think it quite obvious that they don't!

!

Very interesting - because the Millenium Lottery Fund will obviously now just be the National Lottery as the Millenium fund closed in 2003. Funnily enough, agreements in principle made by that body will be referred to the National Lottery for a formal application. This is the stage we are now at.

I would also be really pleased that Martin perry wants details of all the grant applications kept secret as that is how I would handle a request process. The only people I would provide all request details to is the bank or securitisation agency. One reason I would want it kept quiet (other than to ensure that I got the most available) would be to prevent individuals with no knowledge of the formal process from assuming and then publishing that the request indicated financial difficulties. As the club have said on numerous occasions (many of which you were at!) that formal application for funds couldn't commence until planning permission was granted (and this includes turning agreements in principle into funds) and that this process would take approx 12 months to finalise.

But I know this wont appease, convince or even satisfy you. let's just hope that Mickey Adams isn't manager when we get the stadium otherwise Booing Basil may return.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Can't make it - hope there's someone there to pose the right questions to those in charge at the club.

Look forward to reading all about in on Wednesday.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I will be going.

It always amazes me how little criticism Dick Knight and Martin Perry get at such gatherings compared to on here.

Odd that.

D

Deleted member 2719

Maybe this time tomorrow some of the sceptical people will actually start believing it's going to happen.

:falmer::falmer::falmer::falmer::falmer:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I have no inclination to argue with Arthur - it would be utterly pointless. However, if he considers himself a true Albion fan and (mystifyingly) he actually believes this stuff, then he should turn up tomorrow and raise his concerns. Come on Arthur, expose Mr Perry as the charlatan you obviously consider him.

Oh and there may well be an NSC clique, but I disagree with you vehemently and if you think I'm in it then :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Just to add one thing I do agree with Arthur on though. It is shocking how we've struggled to get approval for our stadium, but Arsenal seemed to sailed through the whole process. I can only think that the world's fifth richest club have some kind of advantage over us. I agree that the most likely difference is a competent CE capable of personally navigating the intracies of the planning process. :censored::censored::censored:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isnt Martin Perry an expert in planning applications etc. Wasnt that why he was brought onto the board and given 1 % shares. Has he not done his bit and got planning permission for Falmer?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I have no inclination to argue with Arthur - it would be utterly pointless. However, if he considers himself a true Albion fan and (mystifyingly) he actually believes this stuff, then he should turn up tomorrow and raise his concerns. Come on Arthur, expose Mr Perry as the charlatan you obviously consider him.

Oh and there may well be an NSC clique, but I disagree with you vehemently and if you think I'm in it then :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oooooh I'd forgotten about this thread.

If I could be there tomorrow (which I can)....I wouldn't! How many more times do I have to say it, I have better things than to listen to his twaddle. Go and ask a Blackpool fan what they think of him and his ability to get a ground built.

You people are never going to agree with me, we'll just have to see where we are in 5 years time. I am a true Albion fan so I sincerely hope I'm wrong, doubt I will be though.

Just to add one thing I do agree with Arthur on though. It is shocking how we've struggled to get approval for our stadium, but Arsenal seemed to sailed through the whole process. I can only think that the world's fifth richest club have some kind of advantage over us. I agree that the most likely difference is a competent CE capable of personally navigating the intracies of the planning process. :censored::censored::censored:

What greatly assisted Arsenal was the decision of Ken Livingstone not to call the application in for the sort of public inquiry that Falmer was subjected to. Even allowing for that, it took them seven years between announcing Ashburton Grove as the preferred site and the Emirates Stadium actually opening.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy 10, Perry has regularly said things like we will be playing at Falmer at the start of X (insert date here) season. He told me and about 20 other Hastings based supporters at Hastings United football club that he firmly expected the club to be playing league football at Falmer at the start of the 2008/09 season. Now I know we aren't there yet, but I'm pretty sure we won't be playing at Falmer come the start of next season. Also how many times have we been told the funding is in place for the new ground, only now to be told we are "confident" of it being in place??

I'm confused.
At what point did Martin Perry PROMISE - not "firmly expect", not "hope to be", not "saying things like" - but actually PROMISE that we would be playing at Falmer by *insert date* ? Do you have a link to the quote ? Was it in the Argus ? Was it actually reported ANYWHERE ?

Also, at what point did it become Martin Perrys fault that LDC seized on an error in the Governments initial letter of consent, thus enabling them to challenge the decision and delay the plans for a further two years ? Who dropped the ball on THAT one ?

Arthur. most people seem capable of understanding the process the club has had to go through in order to (finally) achieve planning permission. Yes, we'd ALL have liked it to happen a lot sooner than it did, and its been hugely frustrating, but the reasons behind the delays are well documented, and were completely out of the clubs control (jees, I feel like I'm explaining this to a small child who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas).

You have failed to come up with a single example of an undelivered promise by Martin Perry, other than some vague bluster about funding and the timing over when we'll actually be there. He has promised nothing about funding, he has promised nothing about dates. You just seem to have some kind of agenda going to cast doubt on everything - which is fine, its your view and you're entitled to it. You don't believe its ever going to happen, and you're not a lone voice on that. But please don't try to claim Perry has left a string of broken promises behind him these last few years because it is clearly and patently not true.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If I could be there tomorrow (which I can)....I wouldn't! How many more times do I have to say it, I have better things than to listen to his twaddle.

Bottler.
You know you'd get eaten alive, just like that live savaging Norman Baker took on SCR from Perry a couple of years ago.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oooooh I'd forgotten about this thread.

If I could be there tomorrow (which I can)....I wouldn't! How many more times do I have to say it, I have better things than to listen to his twaddle. Go and ask a Blackpool fan what they think of him and his ability to get a ground built.

You people are never going to agree with me, we'll just have to see where we are in 5 years time. I am a true Albion fan so I sincerely hope I'm wrong, doubt I will be though.

One could ask Huddersfield and Bolton fans as well, but not right now.

Anyhoo, you're a bottler, you're dealing in wrong information, and taking the information you do have and deliberately misrepresenting it.

So what is your agenda?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
One could ask Huddersfield and Bolton fans as well, but not right now.

Anyhoo, you're a bottler, you're dealing in wrong information, and taking the information you do have and deliberately misrepresenting it.

So what is your agenda?

I have no agenda, other than I'm unhappy with Perry. It's in his interest to string this process out for as long as possible, he after all getting paid by the club. The club isn't going to start making money if this stadium gets built.

And yes, I guess I am bottling it, but only because he's got soo many of you hoodwinked into beleiving he has the clubs best interests at heart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here