Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to the Falmer Forum at Hove Town Hall on Tuesday?

Will you be at the Falmer Forum on Tuesday

• Yes

Votes: 73 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Hang on ........just off to the other thread to get some info!!

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm still waiting on an answer from dear old Arthur about how many times we've apparently been promised something by Martin Perry, only for it not to be delivered (ideally with an example).

Curiously Arthur seems to be ignoring the question. I can't think why that might be. ???

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yes spin, how many times have we been promised something by Perry only for it not to be delivered?

I don't see no shiny new football ground anywhere, in fact I haven't even seen a sod of earth moved yet. There are still huge doubts over where the money is coming from to pay for it and now they are coming out with statements like 'the club is confident that it will be able to secure funding'. CONFIDENT!!! I should bloody well hope so! It wasn't a very well known fact (until recently) that the club asked the national lottery for money!! Why when I asked a senior fan figure about this a while back I was told in no uncertain terms to keep this fact to myself? Who else have they been asking for cash?

I have zero faith in Perry so I have no plans to waste my time listening to his hot air any more. Get the thing built on time (although it's already late!) and on budget (because it's late it's going to cost a f*** sight more) and I MAY change my opinion on the guy.

Nurse, he managed to escape again.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Arthur , If you are so sure it's spin, then maybe the session on Tuesday is exactly for people like you. Go along mate

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'd like to say a big thank-you to Arthur, for without his such interesting posts, I wouldn't have had so many giggles this afternoon.

Truly, Arthur, you should have your own TV slot!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I'd expect a club patsy to say nothing less. Just like Costa and co continued to back Bellotti and co when it was plain to see they were crooks!

I don't know what Lord B thinks of that, but I consider it an insult to someone who, with many others, has done an enormous amount of good for this club and its supporters throughout the Falmer saga.

You don't deserve to be at Falmer, but as you really don't seem to want it to happen, you won't have a problem with that, will you?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All I've done is stated the truth.

Because I'm not in the NSC clique you've all ganged up on me to make it look like I'm wrong......I'm not!

Two things - prove you have posted the truth.

There is no NSC clique just several people disagreeing with what you have said which you advise is true but cannot back up.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There will no doubt be a few of the opposition there checking what is soon to start appearing on their horizon!

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Why don't you go along and find out for yourself?

You may need to take a couple of mates along to help though as I feel you might struggle to count once you've run out of fingers and toes!

Why are you having a pop at me? I will be there.........maybe a little late as i have to work untill 6 o'clock and then an hour drive to Hove, So maybe you should go and the Forum may surprise you!! I estimate around 500 in attendance!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I would definitely have been there, but unfortunately have to fly off that evening on business.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There are three things that worry me about Arthur's post:

1) His poor memory. Back in 1999 at Hove Town hall (the night Micky Adams was unveiled as manager) Martin Perry named three potential elements of grant funding. They were The Football Foundation. The Lottery Millenium Fund and Sport England. All three are either the Lottery itself or partially funded by the Lottery so no secrets there. Having advised two businesses on getting Lottery Funding, I can tell you that you have to have planning permission before you formally apply. There may be an agreement in principle alreday given but you still have to apply in the right manner

2) Having been told by 'a senior fan figure' to keep shtum, Arthur chose not too. I know not who that was or why they said it, I suspect it may have been the amount asked or that it may have detailed other confidential parts of the business plan but it certainly wasn't as point 1) proves, to hide the fact the lottery were being asked

3) Whilst some of the supporters' club (as with many, possibly majority of supporters) may have not cottoned on to Bellotti as quickly as they should, Liz Costa, once the goldstone sale broke, did turn against him very quickly.

But heh, why let the facts get in the way of a good old rant.

Signed,

A Patsy!

I'd expect a club patsy to say nothing less.
Excuse me ... am I WRONG to suggest that the delay in building Falmer is entirely down to the delays caused by LDC's objections to the decision of John Prescott?

If I am wrong, please give me your explanation.

And - to repeat Easy 20's question - can you please give just ONE example of something being promised by Martin Perry that hasn't been delivered as a result of something that he is responsible for?

And - finally - what do you mean by "a club patsy"?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There are three things that worry me about Arthur's post:

1) His poor memory. Back in 1999 at Hove Town hall (the night Micky Adams was unveiled as manager) Martin Perry named three potential elements of grant funding. They were The Football Foundation. The Lottery Millenium Fund and Sport England. All three are either the Lottery itself or partially funded by the Lottery so no secrets there. Having advised two businesses on getting Lottery Funding, I can tell you that you have to have planning permission before you formally apply. There may be an agreement in principle alreday given but you still have to apply in the right manner

2) Having been told by 'a senior fan figure' to keep shtum, Arthur chose not too. I know not who that was or why they said it, I suspect it may have been the amount asked or that it may have detailed other confidential parts of the business plan but it certainly wasn't as point 1) proves, to hide the fact the lottery were being asked

3) Whilst some of the supporters' club (as with many, possibly majority of supporters) may have not cottoned on to Bellotti as quickly as they should, Liz Costa, once the goldstone sale broke, did turn against him very quickly.

But heh, why let the facts get in the way of a good old rant.

Signed,

A Patsy!

Well said ROSM.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Oooooh I have ruffled a few feathers haven't I!

Right to defend my corner.

Easy 10, Perry has regularly said things like we will be playing at Falmer at the start of X (insert date here) season. He told me and about 20 other Hastings based supporters at Hastings United football club that he firmly expected the club to be playing league football at Falmer at the start of the 2008/09 season. Now I know we aren't there yet, but I'm pretty sure we won't be playing at Falmer come the start of next season. Also how many times have we been told the funding is in place for the new ground, only now to be told we are "confident" of it being in place??

Dougal, as I've said on numerous occasions on this thread I have better things to do with my time.

Beach hut, go and ask Martin Perry if the lottery were asked for cash. Watch him clam up! Also no NSC clique?? Why then have several of a few of the more frequent posters got together and created alter-egos such as Bars Mar? You know who you are you sad sad people (they're not kids either!).

Knotty, don't care if I've upset anyone!

webbyson, having a pop at you because you've asked stupid questions, it was Friday and I was bored! Sorry I was maybe a little harsh.

ROSM, the club approached the lottery directly, not an organisation funded by the lottery. I'm not going to name names and drop anyone in it (although it's come out on here several times recently) but Martin Perry wanted it kept under wraps because it made the club look like they don't have the funding in place for the new ground......which I think it quite obvious that they don't!

Lord B, the delays are due to LDC's objections but any board worth their clout would have been able to see them off with no problems. Look how quickly Arsenal got Ashburton Grove built. Oh and patsy - Definitions from Dictionary.com

Rusty, sounds much more entertaining!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why then have several of a few of the more frequent posters got together and created alter-egos such as Bars Mar? You know who you are you sad sad people (they're not kids either!).

You are joking surely ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
He told me and about 20 other Hastings based supporters at Hastings United football club that he firmly expected the club to be playing league football at Falmer at the start of the 2008/09 season.
Did he say "firmly expected" or "promise"?

Now I know we aren't there yet, but I'm pretty sure we won't be playing at Falmer come the start of next season.
Correct, it's the 2010/11 season. :dunce:

Also how many times have we been told the funding is in place for the new ground, only now to be told we are "confident" of it being in place??
NEVER. You can't get funding until AFTER planning permission is granted. Who in their right mind would give you money for something you may not get?

Dougal, as I've said on numerous occasions on this thread I have better things to do with my time.
Like taking your medicine?

Lord B, the delays are due to LDC's objections but any board worth their clout would have been able to see them off with no problems. Look how quickly Arsenal got Ashburton Grove built.
Did Arsenal build in a supposedly AONB?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here